Amilla Fushi Maldives shares its Wellness Experience
Best Wellness Resorts in The Maldives
28 Aprel, 2020
Amilla Fushi Maldives Resort and Residences may have temporarily paused operations due to the Coronavirus, but the Amilla inhabitants are finding ways to continue sharing their wellness experience with the world.
As a ‘conscious luxury’ resort with a strong emphasis upon wellness, Amilla Maldives has a host of health, dietary and lifestyle expertise which its guests adore.
But since the Islanders can’t currently help guests improve their wellness, they decided to take the Amilla experience online.
Today, more than ever, the importance of staying healthy and looking after one’s mental health is on everyone’s minds. So the Islanders would like to share some simple steps that everybody can take at home.
Get enough sleep
Try to get between seven to nine hours’ sleep per night. Getting adequate sleep is thought to lower your risk of obesity, cancer and heart disease – and to improve your immune system.
We know it’s hard to give up your habit, but evidence shows that smoking leads to much more serious outcomes if you catch Covid-19. Even if you quit today you’ll have a much better chance of making a good recovery, according to the research.
It may be hard – particularly if you don’t have a garden – but try to get a little exercise if you can. This could include a yoga session or guided workout (like Amilla’s free online weekly sessions). Exercise will help improve your mood and boost your immune system.
Eat healthy and add superfoods
Fresh fruit and vegetables are packed with nutrients and vitamins that will help your body stave off infection (or help power it through fighting it off if you are already sick). There are also many superfoods that are particularly good for you including nuts, berries, salmon, broccoli and moringa. Eating well rather than snacking on junk food and refined sugars will also reduce your chances of putting on weight during quarantine.
Don’t forget probiotics
Amilla creates its own probiotics on the island for its guests but you can find them in many stores too. Natural probiotics are found in fermented foods including kimchi, kefir and miso. The live active cultures in probiotics help your digestive system and keep your gut healthy, which in turn helps your immunity.
Under the new management of Jason and Victoria Kruse, Amilla Fushi Maldives has expanded its wellness output with renewed vigour.
The wellness overhaul includes building a totally new organic garden bursting with homegrown superfoods, creating probiotics, immunity-boosting juices and tonics on the island and creating a Wellness Your Way programme to integrate a host of special dietary and eating lifestyles dishes into the main menus.
The latter includes a wide range of vegan, keto, paleo and low-lectin dishes. You can keep up to date on Amilla Wellness via YouTube, Instagram and the Amilla blog.
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Best Experience: Family, Couples, Dining, Diving, Spa
Featuring more flexible approach to tropical island luxury, Amilla Fushi offers a luxurious 'island home' for both couples and families in the Maldives. Younger, hipper, with a fresh and contemporary accomodation, the resort has so much to offer, from high design and inventive dining options, to stylish villas and amazing snorkelling and diving. Located in the Baa atoll, UNESCO Biosphere reserve, this might just be the most family friendly resort in the Maldives. Family villas have been designed to ensure that both the parent’s and children’s bedrooms are in the same building. The villas are very spacious, and unlike many two bedroom options you might find elsewhere, the second bedrooms are large and so also work very well for families with older children. The Sultan's Village kids’ club at Amilla Fushi is terrific – all palm tree swings, finger painting and beach games – teens can play billiards and X-Box, and all childcare, including baby-sitting, is complimentary. There is also a children's pool and beach club close by if parents wish to relax in close proximity to the Kids Club. In 2018, Amilla Fushi has been recognised as the leading family resort in Maldives. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More