A Temple of Gastronomy Anantara Angkor Resort launches private temple Dining Experience for heritage hunters
Maldives Hotels & Travel guide
26 November, 2022
Being near UNESCO World Heritage Site, Anantara Angkor Resort, a part of Minor Hotels and a peaceful sanctuary at the crossroads of Cambodia’s past and present, offers travellers a rare and captivating Temple Dining experience that marries exquisite dining and historic discovery for a bucket list experience like no other.
By inviting guests to dine, in full privacy, on site of a heritage temple set within landscapes rich in thousands of years of history, Anantara Angkor Resort places travellers at the heart of an ancient civilisation while parting the curtain on the lesser known sites of Angkor.
Taking Anantara’s signature Dining by Design concept to new heights, the exclusive dinner takes place at the central sanctuary of a heritage Angkor Wat temple hidden among a lush jungle, with nothing but stars and carefully restored ancient statuary for company. Dramatically illuminated with candles and ambient spotlights and draped in fresh flowers specially for the occasion, the ancient structure takes on an especially romantic air, making the package a perfect proposal or anniversary celebration experience.
With two striking venues to choose from – Prasat Kravan, a 10th-century temple dedicated to Vishnu, and elegant Thommanon temple that is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site – travellers have additional freedom when designing their private temple dining experience with Anantara Angkor Resort.
While guests dine on delectable Khmer or Western fare at the temple grounds, stories of the ancient Angkor civilisation are brought to life by either graceful Apsara dancers or an intricately-costumed, high-energy theatrical performance. In addition to customising their five-course menu, guests can pick their preferred background music and chic table décor, with everything from luxury transportation to five-star catering taken care of by a dedicated team comprising a private butler, private chef and a full housekeeping team.
Anantara Angkor Resort’s Temple Dining package is priced at USD 7,450++ for two persons and includes:
- Five-course set menu, choice of Khmer or Western cuisine with soft drinks and juices
- Private butler, chef and catering services
- 30-minute pre-dinner cocktail with free-flow soft drinks, chilled juices and canapés
- Traditional welcome from a drum-dance troupe and guard with a monkey on arrival
- Live performances by Cambodian dancers or a theatre troupe throughout dinner
- Candle- and torch-lit pathway, fresh flowers and ambient lighting
- Theme decoration for the table
- Professional sound system and choice of background music
- Portable toilet and housekeeping attendance
- Temple entry fees.
Travellers don’t need to be staying at Anantara Angkor Resort to enjoy the new Temple Dining experience. For more information or to make a reservation, please visit www.anantara.com/en/angkor-siem-reap, Call +855 63 966 788 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience Anantara luxury for less with 'Black Friday & Cyber Monday' limited-time offer. Enjoy exclusive savings and unmissable benefits. Book from 25 – 29 November 2022. Valid for stays until 20 December 2023.
Anantara runs five resorts in the Maldives. Each Anantara hotel in the island nation has its own individual style. Find your rhythm in the island of your choice. Wherever you drop anchor, Anantara’s gurus and islanders will be on hand to make your moments special. Tailor your Maldives island time to your pace and your passions.
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Anantara Hotels in The Maldives
Anantara runs five resorts in the Maldives. Part of Thai hospitality group Minor Hotel Group, Anantara Resorts offers a range of options in the Maldives to suit all tastes whether you want to go on honeymoon, take the family, or simply looking for a winter sun beach break as a couple. Pick the luxury that moves you. Each Anantara luxury resort in the Maldives has its own individual style. Wherever you sink anchor, Anantara’s gurus and islanders will be on hand to discover for you which side of the island to be on, the proportions of the villas, the quality of the house-reef for snorkelling or the best of the cocktail at sunset - any question you might have, they will know the answer to make your moments special. Tailor your Maldives island time to your pace and your passions.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More