Anantara Launches New Health and Hygiene Measures
Best Luxury Hotels in the Maldives
28 April, 2020
Anantara has implemented a new programme to enhance hygiene measures at its properties amid the global coronavirus crisis.
The “Stay With Peace of Mind” programme will build on existing health and safety measures at Anantara. The company says every Anantara property will have a dedicated ‘Guest Guardian’ responsible for internal audits based on a series of rigid brand guidelines. All hotels will continue to fully adhere to health and safety measures as per local government guidelines and the World Health Organisation, the company said.
As part of the new initiative, all hotels will implement “enhanced levels of sanitation” and use Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved disinfectants throughout public areas, including lobbies, reception, fitness centres, pool areas and guest rooms. Enhanced hygiene measures will include the use of electrostatic spray technology, to achieve a higher level of coverage for the application of cleaners and sanitisers for surface disinfection, the availability of hand sanitisers as well as a range of specific extra measures such as disinfecting hotel key cards, to “ensure guests’ health and safety throughout their stay”.
The company says guests who book airport limousine transfers will be met by an Anantara airport representative and escorted to their private vehicle, which will be “thoroughly” sanitised after every trip. Guests’ luggage will be stowed in the limousine by the airport representative, while the driver will wear a face mask and will not handle luggage. Any pending guest details required to facilitate a smooth and speedy check-in will be collected during the transfer, so that upon arrival at the hotel, guests can complete check-in formalities without delay, before arriving at their room with minimal time spent in the lobby.
Fitness and holistic classes will be adapted for guests’ optimum wellbeing. Personal training sessions in the privacy of the gym, as well as wellness activities such as Yoga and Pilates, will be available for individuals, couples or small groups only “with safe distancing adhered to”.
There will also be changes to dining outlets. For a la carte breakfasts, restaurants will be set up in compliance with social distancing guidelines, says Anantara. After guests are settled at their table, every order of fresh and nutritious food will then be carefully prepared ‘a la minute’ and served at the table, with the “culinary team happy to accommodate any special requests”. Wellness cuisine will include immune booster programmes, with specialist Wellness Chefs preparing fortifying meals and juices to help guests naturally boost their immune system.
For selected boutiques within or nearby the hotel, guests will be able to organise personal shopping times that can be booked in advance, allowing the privilege of a personalised experience, with either a very limited number or no other shoppers in the outlet at the same time. For guests wishing to visit selected nearby shops, limousine transfers can be arranged.
Anantara said it is working with Siam Ocean Technology to introduce the latest in Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system technology with increased efficiency and high performance air filtration. Starting with Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort in Thailand, the highly energy-efficient ventilation systems (HVAC) will be rolled out first in Anantara properties in Thailand, then in Asia and beyond, ensuring that guests “breathe the healthiest quality air”, along with the eco-assurance of exceptional benefits for the environment.
Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas, currently with a portfolio of 41 hotels across Asia, the Middle East, Indian Ocean, Africa and Europe.
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Anantara Hotels in The Maldives
Anantara runs five resorts in the Maldives. Part of Thai hospitality group Minor Hotel Group, Anantara Resorts offers a range of options in the Maldives to suit all tastes whether you want to go on honeymoon, take the family, or simply looking for a winter sun beach break as a couple. Pick the luxury that moves you. Each Anantara luxury resort in the Maldives has its own individual style. Wherever you sink anchor, Anantara’s gurus and islanders will be on hand to discover for you which side of the island to be on, the proportions of the villas, the quality of the house-reef for snorkelling or the best of the cocktail at sunset - any question you might have, they will know the answer to make your moments special. Tailor your Maldives island time to your pace and your passions. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More