Make Travel More Sustainably at Atmosphere Kanifushi
Best Eco Friendly resorts in the Maldives
09 December, 2022
One of the best all inclusive resorts in Maldives Atmosphere Kanifushi is located in one of the most pristine corners of the Lhaviyani Atoll. This 5*-star property is on a mission to provide excellence, not just in creating memorable travel experiences but also preserving the delicate tropical ecosystem for generations to come. At Kanifushi island, sustainable practices can be seen in every aspect of resort management.
“While the wellbeing of our guests remains on the forefront, we commit ourselves to carry out our operations in a most sustainable manner, taking every step to minimise operational impact on environment,” says Mei P. Pun, the General Manager of Atmosphere Kanifushi.
In keeping with Green Globe standards and the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Atmosphere Kanifushi is accelerating the drive to bring sustainable practices to this wonderful natural island.
Water & waste management
The resort uses its own water and does not pollute any natural water sources. An in-house RO plant removes the salt from the ocean water and makes it drinkable. As there are no recycling facilities as such in the Maldives, Atmosphere Kanifushi uses the 3-R method which says – reduce, reuse and recycle. They are in contact with Parley for Oceans for the partnership to recycle generated plastic waste. They are also working towards installing a biogas plant to reduce organic waste produced, which is a great step towards sustainable practices for solid waste management
Small changes can bring a positive impact. Energy-saving tactics can be seen across the resort. From LED bulbs to solar panel installations (of 400 kW Capacity) and the use of high-efficiency equipment and energy-saving devices. During the orientation session, employees and staff members are trained on environmental policy, including energy-saving practices.
Sustainable supply chain
Whenever possible, the company opts for purchasing products that are eco-friendly, compostable, antibiotic-free, power efficient, and recycled. There is a conscious effort to support local businesses. Guests can purchase locally made handicraft from the souvenir shop. The resort also prohibits using single use plastic items such as plastic drinking straws, Styrofoam lunch boxes, plastic bags below 50-micron thickness, and bath amenities in plastic packaging.
Atmosphere Kanifushi has recently initiated a coral restoration programme. Coral fragments are collected and attached to coral cage nurseries – pyramid metal structures fortified with marine cement. In March 2022, the team placed 1 large coral cage in the Arrival Jetty reef to study the environment for the coral planting nursery before fully launching it. There are plans for a second restoration program in September 2022 in the same area and reef at Water Villa Jetty.
There is an open dialogue amongst all stakeholders – the resort team members, guests, local communities, suppliers, governments, NGOs, and other shareholders. A specialised green team monitors the sustainability initiatives in all departments. In the year 2021, the resort hosted various environmentally friendly events such as World Environment Day, Recycling Day, and Earth Hour.
FABULOUS FESTIVE OFFER – 20% OFF: The sunniest festive holiday escape awaits you in the blissfully tropical Atmosphere Kanifushi. Flavourful feasts and ocean adventures will set the tone for a memorable year-end journey.
There’s still time to plan for an exciting year-end escape. Book a four night or longer stay from 1 December 2022 to 31st January 2023 and save up to 20% on your stay along with complimentary access to all festive activities.
Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts is a dynamic and fast-growing international hospitality company. Currently, the company is operating six resorts within the Maldives and is set to further expand in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bhutan. AH&R’s distinguished portfolio comprises THE OZEN COLLECTION, COLOURS OF OBLU, and By Atmosphere, with a rich diversity of experiences within each of these brands.
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Atmosphere Hotels & Resort
Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts is a dynamic and fast-growing international hospitality company. Currently, the company is operating six resorts within the Maldives and is set to further expand in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bhutan. AH&R’s distinguished portfolio comprises THE OZEN COLLECTION, COLOURS OF OBLU, and By Atmosphere, with a rich diversity of experiences within each of these brands. The company had two new COLOURS OF OBLU resorts: OBLU SELECT Lobigili opened on 24 March 2022 and OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi set to open on 19 May 2022.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More