Banana Island Doha by Anantara & Discover Qatar Launch Whale Shark Excursions
Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas
14 June, 2022
Banana Island Resort Doha by Anantara has partnered with Discover Qatar to provide a once-in-a-lifetime experience to view one of the largest congregations of whale sharks that can be found on the planet. A dedicated high-speed catamaran takes guests of Discover Qatar and Banana Island on the newly launched, unique, excursion to view the biggest fish in the ocean.
From April to September, the cooler waters off the north-east coast of Qatar provide the perfect location to see large numbers of whale sharks that gather to feed close to the surface.
Upon arrival in the area where the sharks are found, the slow-moving gentle giants can be viewed for two hours from the front and back deck of the catamaran, before the cruise back to the shore. A whale shark expert is provided by Discover Qatar, to help educate guests about these majestic creatures through an interactive lecture, with a professional photographer also on board to capture guests’ experiences on camera. During the trip, a continental breakfast and sandwich buffet lunch are served, along with other snacks and a selection of hot and cold drinks.
Discover Qatar is collaborating with Banana Island to offer this unique experience for residents and travellers to Qatar. The resort’s luxurious catamarans are spacious and comfortable and are equipped with wall mounted TVs and WiFi, providing guests with exclusive services and exceptional and memorable experiences.
The new whale shark excursions depart five times a week from Al Ruwais Port in the north of Qatar and can be booked by visiting www.whalesharksofqatar.com
In addition, Banana Island Resort Doha by Anantara announces the reopening of its surf pool. After a full renovation, the surf pool once again adds to the wide selection of watersport activities available at the resort, adding to the fun and memorable moments on the island. Guests can now enjoy two wide surfing lanes simulating ocean waves, with every surf session given under strict supervision with one of the resort’s trained team members, working to the highest standards of safety.
Private surfing lessons are available and the lanes may be booked exclusively for friends and family. The surf pool is open from 10.00 am until 10.00 pm and advanced booking is required.
Located just off the coast of downtown Doha, Banana Island is the perfect luxurious escape from the city offering a wide range of accommodation options and vast facilities for guests to enjoy.
Recent Posts 04.12.2022
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Where to Ring in 2023 in the Maldives
- Latest News from Kandima, December 2022
- Patina’ Festive Atlas – Unforgettable Island Celebrations
- Weekly review: Record Bookings for Cruise, 2023 Trends
- Nova Maldives launches new wellness rituals inspired by traditional Maldivian medicine
- Fari Islands Maldives celebrates the End of Fall with Fari Festival
- Vakkaru Maldives welcomes top Italian tennis pros, Fabio Fognini
- Avani+ Fares Maldives Resort debuts on 1st April 2023
- Cora Cora Maldives marks 1st Anniversary with Its Awards and Prestigious Accolades
- ROBINSON NOONU Announces New General Manager Appointments
- Nature Experiences at Nova Maldives resort
- Explora Journeys unveils Onboard Entertainment and Enrichment programs
- New Cruise Line Explora Journeys details Its First Ship’s Maiden Voyage
- Maldives National Museum celebrates 70th Anniversary
- Health and Wellbeing are in Heart of new Treetop Spa at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Locally Sourced: Dine Sustainably at Le Méridien Maldives resort, Naturally
- Exclusive: Paris Hilton and Carter Reum celebrates first anniversary in Maldives
- Kaani Hotels expand Its Portfolio with development a 250-Bed City Hotel in Ukulhas
- BBM to expand presence Caffè Vergnano coffee in the Maldives
- Anantara Angkor Resort launches an Unique dining experience
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Anantara Hotels in The Maldives
Anantara runs five resorts in the Maldives. Part of Thai hospitality group Minor Hotel Group, Anantara Resorts offers a range of options in the Maldives to suit all tastes whether you want to go on honeymoon, take the family, or simply looking for a winter sun beach break as a couple. Pick the luxury that moves you. Each Anantara luxury resort in the Maldives has its own individual style. Wherever you sink anchor, Anantara’s gurus and islanders will be on hand to discover for you which side of the island to be on, the proportions of the villas, the quality of the house-reef for snorkelling or the best of the cocktail at sunset - any question you might have, they will know the answer to make your moments special. Tailor your Maldives island time to your pace and your passions.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More