Banana Island Doha by Anantara & Discover Qatar Launch Whale Shark Excursions
Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spas
14 June, 2022
Banana Island Resort Doha by Anantara has partnered with Discover Qatar to provide a once-in-a-lifetime experience to view one of the largest congregations of whale sharks that can be found on the planet. A dedicated high-speed catamaran takes guests of Discover Qatar and Banana Island on the newly launched, unique, excursion to view the biggest fish in the ocean.
From April to September, the cooler waters off the north-east coast of Qatar provide the perfect location to see large numbers of whale sharks that gather to feed close to the surface.
Upon arrival in the area where the sharks are found, the slow-moving gentle giants can be viewed for two hours from the front and back deck of the catamaran, before the cruise back to the shore. A whale shark expert is provided by Discover Qatar, to help educate guests about these majestic creatures through an interactive lecture, with a professional photographer also on board to capture guests’ experiences on camera. During the trip, a continental breakfast and sandwich buffet lunch are served, along with other snacks and a selection of hot and cold drinks.
Discover Qatar is collaborating with Banana Island to offer this unique experience for residents and travellers to Qatar. The resort’s luxurious catamarans are spacious and comfortable and are equipped with wall mounted TVs and WiFi, providing guests with exclusive services and exceptional and memorable experiences.
The new whale shark excursions depart five times a week from Al Ruwais Port in the north of Qatar and can be booked by visiting www.whalesharksofqatar.com
In addition, Banana Island Resort Doha by Anantara announces the reopening of its surf pool. After a full renovation, the surf pool once again adds to the wide selection of watersport activities available at the resort, adding to the fun and memorable moments on the island. Guests can now enjoy two wide surfing lanes simulating ocean waves, with every surf session given under strict supervision with one of the resort’s trained team members, working to the highest standards of safety.
Private surfing lessons are available and the lanes may be booked exclusively for friends and family. The surf pool is open from 10.00 am until 10.00 pm and advanced booking is required.
Located just off the coast of downtown Doha, Banana Island is the perfect luxurious escape from the city offering a wide range of accommodation options and vast facilities for guests to enjoy.
Recent Posts 10.03.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives launches 'Rock & Soul Month' – the Ultimate Wellness and Lifestyle experience
- Best of both worlds in Dubai with Anantara
- Experience Maldives by Art at Grand Park Kodhipparu
- A New Wellness Experience at Anantara Kihavah
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? March 2023
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo welcomes wellness practitioner Ranjith Saj
- Top hotel deals and offers to book for Eid Al-Fitr in the Maldives 2023
- From MasterChef delights to Easter celebration and other COCO news this month
- ELE|NA at OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI wins World Luxury Spa Awards 2022
- The Nautilus Maldives launches the slumber ritual on World Sleep Day
- Where Kids Stay and Eat Free in the Maldives
- Deep Diving essentials
- COLOURS OF OBLU announces OBLU NATURE Helengeli renovation and rebranding
- LUX Tennis partners with Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Avani+ Fares Maldives debuts on 1st April 2023 with Pre-Opening Special Offer
- Start Planning: Spring Break 2023 with COMO Hotels
- Constance Festival Culinaire 2023
- Savor the flavors of traditional Japanese cuisine at JW Marriott Maldives
- Latest News from Kandima, March 2023
- Top 5 Free-Spirited Experiences recommended by The Nautilus house masters
- Health events calendar at JOALI BEING for 2023
- Outrigger Maldives Maafushivaru Resort joins World’s Top 100 Elite Properties
- Huvafen Fushi Maldives resort to get revamped
- Explore the culinary wonders of Diamonds Athuruga Maldives
- These Countries Fly Direct to Malé (MLE)
- Maldives Most Booked Hotels
- 10 Maldives resorts to Add to Your 2023 Travel Bucket list
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Anantara Hotels in The Maldives
Anantara runs five resorts in the Maldives. Part of Thai hospitality group Minor Hotel Group, Anantara Resorts offers a range of options in the Maldives to suit all tastes whether you want to go on honeymoon, take the family, or simply looking for a winter sun beach break as a couple. Pick the luxury that moves you. Each Anantara luxury resort in the Maldives has its own individual style. Wherever you sink anchor, Anantara’s gurus and islanders will be on hand to discover for you which side of the island to be on, the proportions of the villas, the quality of the house-reef for snorkelling or the best of the cocktail at sunset - any question you might have, they will know the answer to make your moments special. Tailor your Maldives island time to your pace and your passions.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
10 Most Affordable Water Villas
While it may never be cheap to visit thу Maldives, fortunately there are still some chic and relatively affordable overwater villas you can stay. Read more
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More
Maldives Diving Guide
The life of these paradise islands below the Indian Ocean's level is the main draw attracting thousands of divers Read More