Cast Away in Bohemian-Inspired Paradise, A Festive Celebration at Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru and Dhawa Ihuru
Things to Do in the Maldives
20 October, 2023
The holiday season is just around the corner, and there is no better place to celebrate than at Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru and Dhawa Ihuru. As the year ends, the “twin islands” invite travellers globally for enchanting festivities to make their holidays truly memorable.
Experience ‘Cast Away in Bohemian-Inspired Paradise’ on 31 December:
Embark on a memorable New Year’s Eve journey, starting with a delectable dinner, live music and a thrilling countdown. This ‘Cast Away in Bohemian-Inspired Paradise’ theme allows guests to dress in their favourite attire and be comfortable with themselves.
As Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru and Dhawa Ihuru ring in the New Year, a spectacular lineup of events awaits guests:
- Festive Tree Lighting: The celebration starts with a magical tree lighting ceremony on 22 December, setting the stage for a Bohemian-inspired year-end celebration. Guests can witness the twinkling lights and holiday spirit fill the air as we officially welcome the festive season.
- Kiddies O’clock: Special activities for the little ones are prepared, including Christmas Card Making and T-shirt Painting, ensuring they have as much fun as the adults throughout the festive season. On 23 December, they can participate in a magical Christmas Kids Party with Santa.
- Christmas Eve Sunset Cocktails and Christmas Eve Dinner: On 24 December, guests can enjoy a mesmerising sunset cocktail hour, serenaded by a delightful choir. Santa himself will make a special appearance, bearing gifts for all. Later in the evening, indulge in a sumptuous dinner with live entertainment to elevate the holiday spirit.
- Wellbeing Workshops: Guests can partake in a variety of wellbeing activities, including Sunset Yoga and Ocean Breath, Acupressure Workshop, Family Bonding Yoga, Year-end Gratitude Meditation, and New Year’s Resolution Yoga to rejuvenate the body, mind, and soul.
- Stay For Good: Engage in meaningful activities such as Christmas Coral Planting, Species Spotter, Marine Talk, and Corals’ Special Documentary to make a positive impact on this stunning destination.
- Culinary Experiences: For those looking to expand their culinary horizons, join the Japanese Whisky Class, Make Your Own Margarita, and Master the Art of Yakitori at Madi Hiyaa, Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru’s newest architectural and gastronomic gem, an exceptional standalone overwater Yakitori Restaurant and Bar, featuring an incredible sea saltwater infinity pool, breathtaking sunset panoramas, caressed by the gentle sea breeze, and offering authentic Japanese cuisine with Maldivian twist. Madi Hiyaa is the best location for “lucky stingray spotting”, too.
- Beach Activities: Guests can engage in exciting beach activities, including a Football Match, Beach Tennis, and Beach Volleyball, as Guests vs Associates compete in the spirit of camaraderie.
- Watersports and Adventures: Thrill-seekers can indulge in various watersports, including Catamaran Sunrise, Sunset Cruise, Jet Ski, Parasailing and Big Game Fishing to satisfy their adventurous spirit.
- Maldivian Cultural Experience: Guests can immerse themselves in Maldivian culture and enjoy a Photoshoot in a traditional costume, capturing the essence of the Maldives in a memorable keepsake.
Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru is a luxury barefoot tropical paradise at the heart of North Male’ Atoll, 25 minutes away from Velana International Airport via speedboat. With 48 pool villas dotting the island, privacy and relaxation can be easily attained. Stay at least 3 nights and save up to 20% off the best available rate, including breakfast and dinner for two guests, plus a one-time sunset cruise. Find out more via Stay More Pay Less | Banyan Tree.
Situated approximately two minutes away via speedboat from Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru lies Dhawa Ihuru, a distinct island retreat of its own with 45 villas, dubbed as “one of the best house reefs” and “diver’s paradise” in the Maldives. Take advantage of 20% off the best available rate, while a maximum 2 kids below 11 years old enjoy complimentary “stay and dine” with parents. Discover more via Sharing Time | Dhawa Ihuru.BOOK NOW
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
Newest Maldives resorts to Explore in 2023
Here are just 10 of the amazing new resorts in the Maldives that are set to welcome guests Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More