W Maldives partners with Maldives Border Miles, extends incredible perks to Marriott Bonvoy members
Best Luxury Hotels in The Maldives
16 February, 2022
It all began exactly fifty years ago from today, when the first group of tourists arrived in the Maldives on February 16th, 1972. They discovered the beauty beneath the sea in this secluded archipelago populated solely by fishermen. The wealthy nature of the Maldives was not discovered until that point - not to the locals, nor to the rest of the world. Since then, the tourism industry of the Maldives has never looked back. Thatch-roof villas build with coral bricks and motor slowly transformed to contemporary architectural styles with the most luxurious touch on them, making Maldives as the ‘paradise on earth’.
Year after year, decade after decade, the world slowly discovered the pearl necklace in the Indian Ocean and learned that there are a lot of reasons why a Maldivian holiday could be the best memories to cherish for the rest of their lives. As an add-on to this, Maldives Border Miles, the world’s first destination loyalty program, announced plentiful perks for the members in return for their love to the country.
Today, on this special occasion of the country’s tourism, W Maldives, part of the W Hotels Worldwide and Marriott Bonvoy Maldives portfolio, becomes a partner of the Maldives Border Miles, extending the perks to the members while they enjoy W Maldives’ "Whatever/Whenever service".
Imagine waking up to the sound of the waves drumming against the infinity pool, a wonderland of white-sand beaches, turquoise lagoons, and breathtaking reefs. From the moment you step onto this heart-shaped island playground, welcoming infinite days amplified by the only music curator in the Maldives, playful guestrooms, and innovative cocktails and cuisine, creating a cutting-edge lifestyle experience. Explore the world beneath the waves at DOWN UNDER and glide with reef sharks in one of the best house reefs in the Maldives. W ignites an obsessive desire to soak it in, live it up, and hit repeat.
Whether you prefer to jump in the ocean from the deck of your overwater bungalow or you like lush tropical foliage steps from the sand offered by aesthetic beach room, you can live it up and soak it in from comfortable, stylish villas inspired by the breathtaking natural beauty of Maldives.
Abandon the expected and sample creative dining at W Maldives’ four vibrant restaurants and two bar concepts. Beautifully dispersed amongst the island, these restaurants and lounges ensure to inject the pulsating beauty of the Maldives in every dining experience.
During 2021, W Maldives celebrated their 15th anniversary with major achievements in the industry. The W Maldives won the Best Resort in the Indian Ocean 2021 in the Conde Nast Traveler UK Reader’s Choice Awards and Best of the Best in Romance – Asia category in TripAdvisor traveler’s Choice 2021. For 2022, W Maldives is nominated for Travel + Leisure Southeast Asia - Asia's Best Awards 2022 (Best Resort in the Maldives, Best Spa in the Maldives, and Favorite General Manager in the Maldives).
With all these to consider, it is time to plan for W Maldives’ "Whatever/Whenever service". The Abaarana members of the Maldives Border Miles will be offered the most looked forward joy during the stay, a "Float Your Way" floating breakfast as a treat at W Maldives. Additionally, they offer "early check-in and late check-out upon availability" to Aida, Antara, and Abaarana tier members of the program.Check Availability and Rates
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Best Experience: for Honeymoon, Beach, Design, Fashion and Music, House Reef Snorkelling
In luxurious hotels mysteriously named "W", the Starwood group emphasizes a confident, young brand - oriented to design, fashion and music. Located in the North Ari Atoll, W Maldives offers 77 escapes and suites located both ashore and overwater, including 28 Wonderful Beach Oasis, 46 Fabulous Overwater Oasis, three WOW Ocean Escape and one Extreme WOW Ocean Haven (the W brand’s interpretation of the Presidential Suite). Each chic and spacious escape features infinity plunge pool. There is a mixture of six bars and restaurants at W Maldives. Kitchen, the all-day dining bistro, and Fire, where guests have their choice of four different barbecues, provide menus for everyone’s palate. Swim up to the pool bar Wet and order a light lunch.
There is even a dining option on the resort’s private desert island, Gaathafushi, or Fish, the resort’s specialty seafood restaurant set over the water and under the stars. Fifteen Below is the only underground club in the Maldives, with its own resident DJ and a sushi bar Sushi Beat.
Guests can also spoil themselves with a selection of over 125 treatments at the award-winning overwater Away Spa. Read Full Review
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More