Top Middle East Airlines to Maldives Launch Ramadan Offers
07 April, 2022
During the holy month of Ramadan, top Middle East airlines to the Maldives – Emirates, Etihad Airways and Qatar Airways- have introduced special Ramadan offers for their passengers.
Emirates’ signature Ramadan service returns to the skies
Emirates is offering special services to help passengers break their fast, for those whose iftar or suhoor falls during departure or on their flight. At the boarding gate, the airline will have water and dates available, while on board there will be Ramadan meal boxes arranged. They’re packed with a nutritious meal and a drink to enjoy on board and take with you when you land.
Emirates employees worked with UAE artists who have learning disabilities (referred to as people of determination in the UAE) to discuss how they wanted to express the meaning of Ramadan in the meal box design. The artists are from Mawaheb studio, which offers the chance for the artists to develop their life skills and express their talent and creativity through art.
Moreover, passengers can choose the special Ramadan selection on ice inflight entertainment with specific religious programmes throughout the month.Show Flights
The state-owned flag carrier of Qatar is presenting passengers a specially designed Iftar treat that includes a selection of vegetarian and non-vegetarian wraps, a sweet box with traditional Arabic desserts, dates, fresh laban and water bottle.
Passengers can enjoy the airline’s Islamic collection on Qatar Airways’ award-winning Oryx One Inflight Entertainment System (IFE); they can listen to the Quran or enjoy watching different Islamic programmes on the Islam and Life Channel. During Ramadan, more than 700 new entertainment options will be added to Oryx One as part of the airline’s festivities.
Passengers transiting via Doha can continue their spiritual rites at Al Safwa First Class Lounge and Al Mourjan Business Lounge, where the call to prayer will be announced and guests will be welcomed to utilise the readily available prayer rooms. When passengers are ready to break their fast, Qatar Airways premium lounges offer a selection of traditional Ramadan favourites over and above an already extensive menu. In addition to Arabic coffee and dates service, jallab, tamarind, kamardine, rose syrup, laban and water will be offered to quench the passenger’s thirst. Vegetable Samosa, Tharid and Harees will also be included as traditional Ramadan favourites to the dining experience.
Moreover, Qatar Airways also announced special fares to mark the Holy Month of Ramadan. Passengers who booked their tickets by 5th April 2022 for travel until September 2022 were offered discounts of up to 20 per cent.Show Flights
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, partnered with Emirati Chef Khaled Alsaadi to offer a specially curated inflight menu for the month of Ramadan.
Chef Khaled Alsaadi has put his signature twist on authentic Emirati recipes, fusing contemporary cooking techniques and local ingredients to recreate popular Ramadan dishes for guests. "Travelling during Ramadan, travellers long for a cosy family iftar meal,” he said. “I wanted to bring the essence and warmth of the family iftar in each and every bite that will taste like the one prepared by mothers and evokes pleasant memories. It was an absolute pleasure to team up with Etihad and its culinary design team and it allowed me to present modern Emirati dishes to international guests travelling on board the UAE’s national carrier.”
Etihad’s Ramadan menu will be available to passengers on selected flights that coincide with iftar times. This includes flights to and from the GCC countries and flights catering to Umrah groups travelling to Jeddah and Medina during the month of Ramadan.
The airline’s inflight entertainment system, E-box, has also been updated with a selection of Ramadan content including recordings of the Holy Quran as well as a Mecca Qibla pointer.
You may also be interested
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Airports of The Maldives
Maldives, the most dispersed country on the planet with 1,192 islands spread over roughly 90,000 square kilometres, already has 13 airports, including four international airports. Honeymoon islands with white sandy beaches and beautiful blue lagoons surrounded by turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean pleasing to the eye already on the airplane board before landing at one of the airports of the Maldives.
Over a million tourists from across the globe visit the Indian Ocean island nation every year to holiday in one of the 120 resorts and 300 plus guesthouses located in all corners of the country. The multi-billion dollar tourism industry, which is the country’s main economic activity, relies heavily on the domestic transport infrastructure, especially air travel. Read More.
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More