100 Days to go until Cora Cora Maldives, the Hottest New opening in the destination, Welcomes its first guest
The Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings in Maldives for 2021
09 March, 2021
It’s Freedom Time! With just 100 days to go, until Cora Cora Maldives welcomes it’s first guests, the luxury resort will be the hottest new opening in the destination.
Opening on the 1st October 2021, the luxurious five-star premium all-inclusive resort with Gourmet Meal Plan, celebrates freedom, love, life and laughter!
AN EXPERTLY DESIGNED CHOICE OF ACCOMMODATION
(from 68sqm to 234 sqm)
The stunning accommodation, ranging from Beach Villas to Two-Bedroom Lagoon Pool Villas complete with slides, combines Maldivian luxury with elements of fun, and freedom encompassing the true spirit of Cora Cora Maldives
GOURMET MEALPLANÒ (Premium all-inclusive)!
With four incredible restaurants and two bars, Culinary Director, Umberto Piccolini has created a delicious range of authentic, local dishes, plant-based meals and drawing inspiration from across the globe, his creativity knows no bounds and this is reflected in the menus he has curated for each.
WELLNESS-THE HEART OF CORA CORA MALDIVES
A decadent spa with wellness and yoga pavilion and sugar soft, dazzling white beaches, fringed with palm trees enables guests to immerse themselves in the natural beauty of the island.
FAMILIES-SOMETHING FOR CHILDREN OF ALL AGES
Traditionally Maldivian resorts have been for couples and honeymooners. Embracing freedom, there are no restrictions-Cora Cora Maldives is suitable for everyone from tots to teens to the young at heart. Cora Cora Maldives guests have the freedom to do as little or as much as they desire. With a diverse range of incredible facilities at their fingertips, from five restaurants and bars; a seven-treatment room spa with an extensive range of therapies as well as a wellness centre and yoga platform; a dedicated PADI certified dive centre and exciting first-class kids’ club and playground, the freedom of choice, has never felt so liberating!
The entire team around Martin Van Der Reijden – General Manager is looking forward to the opening in October with great anticipation: “All work and construction measures are going according to plan and our vision is being filled with life more and more every day.
100 days to go until the grand opening – that means at least 100 good reasons why we are especially looking forward to this day!”
- Cora Cora Maldives Resort is located in Raa Atoll, north of the capital Male”.
- It is located on the idyllic island of Raa Maamigili, which was once even inhabited.
- After arrival at the international airport in Malé, it takes only 45 minutes by seaplane to get to the resort.
- Here, a 5-star luxury resort expects the guests on the island.
- According to the motto “It’s freedom time” visitors will experience special moments of joy.
- The resort promises to take its guests on a special journey into a world full of individual and unforgettable experiences and absolute relaxation.
- Particularly paradisiacal: the Cora Cora Maldives Resort is located on a natural lagoon.
- A walk across the tropical island takes barely five minutes. It is 750 meters long and 500 meters wide.
- The velvety white beaches are strewn with beautiful cowrie shells. They were used as a monetary unit in the Middle Ages and today often adorn Maldivian coins.
- Unlike the typical sandy beach, the white sand on the island is not quartz but crushed pieces of coral.
- The island also impresses with its lush, tropical vegetation.
- Tall coconut palms provide shade and enhance the tropical atmosphere. They can grow up to 30 meters high and get up to 100 years old. As the national tree, they are particularly deeply rooted in the identity of the island nation.
- Nearly 60 different plant species are native to the island. Frangipani, roses, hibiscus and anthuriums are just a few of the colorful plants that create an absolute vacation feeling.
- Also, the pink rose, which is considered the national flower of the Maldives, blooms on the island Raa Maamigili in full splendor.
- Another highlight is the coral reef, which extends over 100 hectares and is completely untouched. The natural aquarium is home to countless colorful fish and turtles that can be admired up close.
- The resort’s memorable name – “Cora Cora” – is derived from this spectacular reef. Corals are symbolic for strength and beauty. Attributes that are reflected in the philosophy of the resort as well.
- The climatic conditions are also convincing all along the line: Countless hours of sunshine paired with a light ocean breeze ensure pleasant feel-good weather.
- The resort consists of 100 villas and suites, which are distributed over the entire natural lagoon.
- The accommodations are divided into nine categories, including beach, lagoon- and pool villas.
- Each villa has an exclusive panoramic view of the deep blue Indian Ocean.
- 28 Beach Villas are the perfect vacation accommodation for families, as they can be booked with two rooms as an option.
- 10 Beach Pool Villas are especially convincing for guests who are both beach and pool lovers. Here, twin rooms are available for families as well.
- Those who are looking for an exclusive house directly on the beach will find the right accommodation in the two Beach Suites.
- 37 Lagoon Villas invite guests to dream directly above the Indian Ocean.
- A special highlight is also the Lagoon Pool Villas. Here, guests can enjoy swimming fun in private and do not have to leave their villa for a dip in the sea. The villas can also be booked as duplex or twin rooms.
- All villas and suites are furnished in a relaxed-luxurious style and offer guests maximum comfort.
- The interior of the rooms is cozy and homey. The warm tile colors, modern decor, and impressive artwork transform Cora Cora Maldives Resort into a true “home away from home.”
- The furnished terraces invite you to sunbathe extensively.
- Outdoor bathtubs, with which some villas are equipped, also provide special moments of well-being.
- Families are especially welcome at Cora Cora Maldives Resort.
- In the Kid’s club, a colorful and fun program is arranged daily for the smallest guests. This way, parents can also experience their very own moments of freedom at the resort.
- Children also learn a lot about the special nature of their vacation red.
- In a child-friendly way, the smallest guests learn how to protect their sensitive environment, the coral reef, and the endemic fauna.
- The resort’s Gourmet Meal Plan® also ensures absolute freedom. The premium all-inclusive includes all meals and all drinks, as well as excursions and activities.
- Guests don’t have to worry about any extra costs and can feast and enjoy as they please.
- So how about a culinary trip to Japan, Italy, or the Orient?
- Exclusive food and drinks of the highest quality and finest taste await visitors in four restaurants, two bars and a café.
- Director of Culinary is the renowned Italian chef Umberto Piccolini, who transforms every dish into a special experience.
- Along with his 80-member team, he relies on the freshest and finest ingredients. Creative menus and innovative drinks provide a special culinary experience.
- The multifaceted gastronomic concept leaves nothing to be desired. The focus is on a healthy lifestyle.
- Superfoods are no stranger to Cora Cora Maldives Resort, and vegan and gluten-free options are offered in every restaurant.
- The resort’s Asian restaurant Ginger Moon® invites guests on a flavorful journey to bustling Asian markets. All dishes here are prepared individually and freshly according to guests’ preferences.
- Signature dish of the restaurant is “Geang Kati Puu Mhee Hoon”, a savory curry of Phuket crab meat garnished on vermicelli noodles.
- Tazää® servesspecialtiesfrom the Orient, Lebanon, India or Sri Lanka, paying tribute to the ancient spice route.
- Typical Maldivian dishes are also cooked here,such as “Kandu Kukulhu Riha”. The Maldivian yellowfin tuna fillet, traditionally rubbed in curry paste, is also known as “chicken of the sea”.
- Did you know? Yellowfin tuna is the national fish of the Maldives.
- The lively meeting place of the resort is the Italian restaurant Acquapazza® with the beach club attached to it. Here guests can enjoy music, dancing, and entertainment.
- Among other things, the traditional Maldivian music “Bodu Beru”, based on drums and reminiscent of the long relations with East Africa a few centuries ago, can be heard here.
- Special recommendation is the “Pizza Aquapazza”, topped with cherry tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella and reef fish. The pizza is baked on a 0.5-meter-long dough plate in a stone oven and therefore tastes very aromatic.
- The Teien® restaurant takes its guests to distant Japan. The dishes are based on the three pillars of Japanese cuisine: teppanyaki, sushi and kushiyaki.
- The “Teien Kushiyaki Platter” with a selection of different skewers, cheese Maki, Enoki Maki, Ebi and Tebasaki is considered a recommendation of the house. Bonappetit!
- Rustic charm meets modern ambience at Café My Coffee®. Guests can take a break here, enjoy a variety of specialty coffees, and taste their way through a variety of Maldivian snacks.
- Drinks are also included in the Gourmet Meal Plan® and provide special refreshment. For example, the “No-groni”, a combination of three non-alcoholic drinks served on ice, provides cooling after a long day at the beach.
- The so-called “Popsicle Punch” is also characteristic. Nothing screams summer more than a Popsicle instead of ice cubes in a refreshing mango strawberry lemonade.
- Fans of the popular classic “Aperol Spritz” also get their money’s worth at the resort and can toast an unforgettable vacation with their loved ones.
- And if you’re looking for something a little more unusual, Director of Culinary Umberto Piccolini recommends the “Rosemary Fig Teien Whisky Sour”. Here, Japanese whiskey meets egg white, fig syrup, fresh lemon juice and a sprig of rosemary. Cheers!
- In the future, around 250 experienced employees will look after the well-being of the guests.
- They come from around 20 different countries.
- Countless languages are spoken at the resort, including English, French, German, Russian, Hindi, Arabic, Dutch, Sinhala, Thai and, of course, the local language, Dhivehi.
- Customized and individual service is the basis of the philosophy of Cora Cora Maldives Resort and is particularly emphasized.
- Staff and guests will meet at eye level.
- With their colorful uniforms, the employees provide splashes of color throughout the island.
- The countless activities are at the heart of Cora Cora Maldives Resort.
- The Ethnographic Museum Raa Maamigili is also unique on the entire island.
- Here, guests gain interesting insight into the history and culture of the Maldives – a unique experience in the entire island nation.
- 400 artifacts are exhibited in the museum, which were found on the island and tell the history of the Maldives.
- Among them are 50 excellently preserved exhibits from the colonial period of the Indian Ocean.
- Among other things, a 900-year-old bath from the pre-Islamic era, which has only been partially excavated, and the remains of a cemetery from the golden age of Islam will cause a sensation.
- To give visitors an even deeper insight into the island’s past, a 120-year-old furnished wooden house has also been recreated.
- A typical Maldivian meditation hut, the so-called Vihaara, is also exhibited here.
- The special treasures of the collection also include a well-preserved oil lamp from the Buddhist period and high-quality Chinese porcelain from the 15th century.
- The museum’s gallery is the only licensed gallery outside the capital Male.
- In addition to a permanent exhibition, changing contemporary exhibitions by local newcomers and international artists attract culture-loving visitors here.
- On the water, numerous activities provide feelings of happiness for enterprising guests. At the resort’s water sports center, boredom is far away.
- Whether it’s scuba diving, snorkeling, or non-motorized watersports, there’s an activity for everyone, and it’s even included in the Gourmet Meal Plan®.
- Especially during a diving excursion, it quickly becomes clear that the Maldives is a biologically diverse country. Five of a total of seven species of sea turtles are at home here.
- The largest fish in the world, the whale shark, also has its official sanctuary in the Maldives.
- Guests can also get to know their surroundings better and immerse themselves in the local culture during boat trips to neighboring islands.
- Moments of happiness are also provided by the dolphins, which love to dance on the surface of the sea.
- Couples can enjoy romantic moments during a sunset excursion in a traditional Dhoni boat.
- On the island itself, a gym and facilities for boule, beach badminton and beach volleyball will make the hearts of sports enthusiasts beat faster.
- Guests can find relaxation and tranquility at the resort’s spa.
- Seven treatment rooms and professionally trained therapists are waiting here for the first visitors.
- Optionally, treatments can be performed on the water or directly on the beach.
- Bookings at Cora Cora Maldives Resort can be made with many tour operators such as FTI or DER Touristik.
- The airlines Lufthansa and Condor each offer direct flights from Frankfurt to the Maldivian capital Malé.
- A flight to the Maldives takes about 10 hours.
- The Maldives is 3 hours ahead of Central European Standard Time in summer and 4 hours ahead in winter.
- The country is considered one of the safest destinations in the world.
- Currently a negative PCR test not older than 96 hours is required for entry.
- In non-crisis periods, only a valid passport is required for entry from Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Almost 50% of the Maldivian population is already fully vaccinated. The safety of locals and tourists has special priority.
- Sun protection alarm: Due to the proximity to the equator, the Maldives reach a particularly high number of sun rays. They strike almost directly at a 90° angle.
- Another tip for planning: the rainy season in the Maldives lasts from early May to mid- December.
- Did you know? The Maldives is made up of almost 1,200 individual islands. 800 islands are still uninhabited, 200 are inhabited and another nearly 200 islands house hotels and resorts.
- The Maldives is probably the remnant of a chain of submerged volcanoes formed some 60 million years ago. Coral reef atolls are believed to have formed on the sunken remains over hundreds of thousands of years. 97. 99% of the land area is water.
- The islands are still in motion today because their shapes can change due to natural influences and water currents. New sandbars are constantly being created for the perfect vacation selfie, while others disappear.
- The Maldives was once a crossroads of ancient trade routes.
- Instead of Saturday and Sunday, weekends in the Maldives include Friday and Saturday – for vacationers, of course, any day is the weekend.
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
Newest Maldives resorts to Explore in 2023
Here are just 10 of the amazing new resorts in the Maldives that are set to welcome guests Read More
10 Most Affordable Water Villas
While it may never be cheap to visit thу Maldives, fortunately there are still some chic and relatively affordable overwater villas you can stay. Read more
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More
Maldives Diving Guide
The life of these paradise islands below the Indian Ocean's level is the main draw attracting thousands of divers Read More