Cora Cora Maldives appoints Martin Van Der Reijden as Managing Director
The Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings in Maldives for 2021
21 April, 2021
Cora Cora Maldives has appointed Martin van der Reijden as Managing Director of this exciting new resort, opening in the unspoilt Raa Atoll on the 1st of October 2021.
Dutch-born Martin has decades of experience with major hotel projects, including Crossroads, Lux* North Male Atoll, Per Aquum resorts and 16 years with Hilton International.
Having worked in the Maldives for the past 10 years, Martin has become known in the industry for his solid expertise in leading on all aspects of pre-opening, from planning and construction to team-building, finance and IT infrastructure. He has a passion for the Maldives and strongly supports local talents. As a former managing director for hotel interior design company Miaja Design, he is well-placed to ensure a strong design aesthetic, which reflects the setting and culture of the resort.
The redevelopment of Cora Cora Maldives will see the island - 45 minutes by seaplane from Male - open with 100 villas, split between over-water and beach-front.
Positioned as an affordable luxury all-inclusive resort with a unique cultural offering, it will appeal to couples and families from a wide range of destinations, including the UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
The villa interiors will have a completely new visual aesthetic, with lighter, brighter colours and original Maldivian artworks which reflect the setting and mood of the resort.
When guests aren’t snorkelling or diving in the island’s coral-rich waters or relaxing on the sugar-soft white-sand beaches that fringe the island, they can dine at four restaurants, sip cocktails at two bars, be pampered at the spa pavilion, work on their fitness at the gym and watersports centre or take their pick of the resort’s new swimming pools.
The island’s layout and placement of villas will mean couples can relax in a tranquil setting while families can have fun in their own private space or at the island’s kids’ club. Unique to the Maldives, the resort includes a museum of Maldivian art and culture, with more than 400 artefacts and artworks. Working with a renowned local artist, the villas will also feature original Maldivian artworks.
Cora Cora Maldives will also offer a very attractive Premium All-inclusive Meal Plan, created by Culinary Director Umberto Piccolini, who previously worked with Martin at Crossroads.
“We’re establishing Cora Cora Maldives as a vibrant, colourful resort,” said Martin, “with an emphasis on excellent, healthy food, a heritage museum with a Maldivian art collection, a lush interior landscape, and beaches, waters and reefs that are wonderfully preserved. And the all-inclusive plan means guests can truly relax and enjoy the resort.”
“I see Cora Cora Maldives as a place where people can be themselves, while also connecting with our culture, making the most of our island’s natural beauty, and going home with a suitcase full of enriching experiences.”
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More