Cora Cora Maldives resort awarded the Green Globe Certification
The Best Eco‐friendly Hotels in Maldives
03 August, 2022
Green Globe, the global leader in sustainable tourism practices has awarded Cora Cora Maldives resort the first Green Globe certification.
In just nine months since the five-star luxury Maldivian resort, Cora Cora Maldives opened, the property is the only hotel in the Raa Atoll to be Green Globe certified. Cora Cora Maldives understands its responsibility towards the magnificent environment and is honoured that their efforts have been recognised by the prestigious organisation.
Cora Cora Maldives’ comprehensive Environment Policy targets first and foremost adherence to good governance practices and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR); Sustainability, and seven main issues: Energy, Water, Waste, Green Procurement, Destination Protection, Conservation of Marine Life and Reefs, and Biodiversity and Protection of Wildlife.
Each of the conservation strategies has been carefully designed to achieve the resort’s sustainability targets, reduce the long-term environmental impacts, protect the destination’s rich culture, and increase the welfare of employees, guests, and the environment.
From limiting single-use plastics to implementing sustainable operations across every department within the resort, Cora Cora Maldives is doing invaluable work today to ensure a greener future for the next generation.
Green Globe is the world’s leading certification when it comes to sustainable operation and management within the Travel & Tourism Industry worldwide. Founded 29 years ago, Green Globe recognises and celebrates hotels, resorts, conference centres, and attractions that have implemented effective and efficient sustainable solutions to protect the environment and wildlife.
“We understand the challenges that come with incorporating sustainability into our everyday lives. At Cora Cora Maldives, we have taken our first steps in our quest for a greener tomorrow, a feat we have achieved in our first nine months. I am exceptionally proud of the team and of our achievement, but I realise there is still far to go” enthuses Justin Swart, General Manager.”
“At Cora Cora Maldives, we believe that sustainability is essential to the long-term growth of our business. We are fully committed to implementing sustainable and ecological practices that benefit both the environment as well as the resort. We hope our efforts can drive real change so that they become tomorrow’s standard.”
The five-star resort has implemented several conservation strategies in the hope that not only will they protect the environment for future generations, but also set a standard for other resorts in the destination to follow.
About Cora Cora Maldives
Cora Cora Maldives is owned and operated by Trinitas Holdings Maldives Pvt. Ltd. A privately-owned company, established in 2017. Created for families, friends, and couples with a wide variety of contemporary designed suites and villas, Cora Cora Maldives embraces a unique freedom concept whilst incorporating the cultural heritage of the Maldives. With a variety of premium dining options many of which encompass Cora Cora Maldives’ wellness ethos as well as an extensive spa, the luxury five-star resort opened on the 1st of October 2021.
Recent Posts 10.03.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives launches 'Rock & Soul Month' – the Ultimate Wellness and Lifestyle experience
- Best of both worlds in Dubai with Anantara
- Experience Maldives by Art at Grand Park Kodhipparu
- A New Wellness Experience at Anantara Kihavah
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? March 2023
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo welcomes wellness practitioner Ranjith Saj
- Top hotel deals and offers to book for Eid Al-Fitr in the Maldives 2023
- From MasterChef delights to Easter celebration and other COCO news this month
- ELE|NA at OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI wins World Luxury Spa Awards 2022
- The Nautilus Maldives launches the slumber ritual on World Sleep Day
- Where Kids Stay and Eat Free in the Maldives
- Deep Diving essentials
- COLOURS OF OBLU announces OBLU NATURE Helengeli renovation and rebranding
- LUX Tennis partners with Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Avani+ Fares Maldives debuts on 1st April 2023 with Pre-Opening Special Offer
- Start Planning: Spring Break 2023 with COMO Hotels
- Constance Festival Culinaire 2023
- Savor the flavors of traditional Japanese cuisine at JW Marriott Maldives
- Latest News from Kandima, March 2023
- Top 5 Free-Spirited Experiences recommended by The Nautilus house masters
- Health events calendar at JOALI BEING for 2023
- Outrigger Maldives Maafushivaru Resort joins World’s Top 100 Elite Properties
- Huvafen Fushi Maldives resort to get revamped
- Explore the culinary wonders of Diamonds Athuruga Maldives
- These Countries Fly Direct to Malé (MLE)
- Maldives Most Booked Hotels
- 10 Maldives resorts to Add to Your 2023 Travel Bucket list
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
10 Most Affordable Water Villas
While it may never be cheap to visit thу Maldives, fortunately there are still some chic and relatively affordable overwater villas you can stay. Read more
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More
Maldives Diving Guide
The life of these paradise islands below the Indian Ocean's level is the main draw attracting thousands of divers Read More