Cora Cora Maldives resort awarded the Green Globe Certification
The Best Eco‐friendly Hotels in Maldives
03 August, 2022
Green Globe, the global leader in sustainable tourism practices has awarded Cora Cora Maldives resort the first Green Globe certification.
In just nine months since the five-star luxury Maldivian resort, Cora Cora Maldives opened, the property is the only hotel in the Raa Atoll to be Green Globe certified. Cora Cora Maldives understands its responsibility towards the magnificent environment and is honoured that their efforts have been recognised by the prestigious organisation.
Cora Cora Maldives’ comprehensive Environment Policy targets first and foremost adherence to good governance practices and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR); Sustainability, and seven main issues: Energy, Water, Waste, Green Procurement, Destination Protection, Conservation of Marine Life and Reefs, and Biodiversity and Protection of Wildlife.
Each of the conservation strategies has been carefully designed to achieve the resort’s sustainability targets, reduce the long-term environmental impacts, protect the destination’s rich culture, and increase the welfare of employees, guests, and the environment.
From limiting single-use plastics to implementing sustainable operations across every department within the resort, Cora Cora Maldives is doing invaluable work today to ensure a greener future for the next generation.
Green Globe is the world’s leading certification when it comes to sustainable operation and management within the Travel & Tourism Industry worldwide. Founded 29 years ago, Green Globe recognises and celebrates hotels, resorts, conference centres, and attractions that have implemented effective and efficient sustainable solutions to protect the environment and wildlife.
“We understand the challenges that come with incorporating sustainability into our everyday lives. At Cora Cora Maldives, we have taken our first steps in our quest for a greener tomorrow, a feat we have achieved in our first nine months. I am exceptionally proud of the team and of our achievement, but I realise there is still far to go” enthuses Justin Swart, General Manager.”
“At Cora Cora Maldives, we believe that sustainability is essential to the long-term growth of our business. We are fully committed to implementing sustainable and ecological practices that benefit both the environment as well as the resort. We hope our efforts can drive real change so that they become tomorrow’s standard.”
The five-star resort has implemented several conservation strategies in the hope that not only will they protect the environment for future generations, but also set a standard for other resorts in the destination to follow.
About Cora Cora Maldives
Cora Cora Maldives is owned and operated by Trinitas Holdings Maldives Pvt. Ltd. A privately-owned company, established in 2017. Created for families, friends, and couples with a wide variety of contemporary designed suites and villas, Cora Cora Maldives embraces a unique freedom concept whilst incorporating the cultural heritage of the Maldives. With a variety of premium dining options many of which encompass Cora Cora Maldives’ wellness ethos as well as an extensive spa, the luxury five-star resort opened on the 1st of October 2021.
Recent Posts 05.08.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Deal of the Day: EXCLUSIVE WEB OFFER at Hard Rock Hotel Maldives
- The Nautilus Maldives adds Exclusive French flavour to Its Spa experience
- Latest News from Amilla, July
- The Maldives Art scene: Huvafen Fushi
- 2022 Summer-Fall Getaways in the Maldives
- Wheelchair Tennis Star To Attend Launch of Adaptive Tennis at Amilla Maldives
- Survey: 91.4% Travelers Ready to Cruise This Year
- Green Globe awards First Certification to Cora Cora Maldives
- Latest News from Kandima, August
- The More You Know: Discover New Chapter of Milaidhoo Stories
- Vacationing with Friends? Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa Unveils the Over-water Residence
- Ideas for your next break: Use 40% Off- Super Saver deal in Kandolhu
- Total Well-Being awaits at THE OZEN COLLECTION
- Best 2022 Last Minute Hotels in Maldives
- Tranquil luxury Maldives stay with Free transfers & Spa perks at Cinnamon resorts
- Now Is Shark Week: Where to dive with sharks in real life
- Late-Night Must-Do’s at Milaidhoo: Astro Retreat
- Sea Life and Snorkeling: Komandoo Maldives resort
- Inspiration for a Tropical Winter Escape: Save 20% with Hurawalhi
- Summer Perks to brighten Up Your Maldives Vacation at Grand Park Kodhipparu
- Latest News from Meeru Island, July
- For Foodies: One Good Reason to Visit Le Meridien Maldives Right Now
- Cruise around the world with Silversea
- Latest News from Veligandu Island, July
- Marine Conservation at Outrigger Maafushivaru Maldives resort
- Virgin Voyages to Remove Pre-Embarkation Testing for COVID
- Top 5 Dive Sites for Thrill Seekers in Lhaviyani Atoll
- The Maldives Rising: Newly Renovated Resorts
- New 7 Reasons to Make Kandima Your Family's Happy Place
- Centara Ras Fushi resort appoints Mikael O’Brien as Executive Chef
- Oaga Art Resort announces Exclusive 7-h Audition Day
- Baros Expands Culinary Innovation in 2022
- Planhotel Group announces a New Key Appointments
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More