Cultural Festive Celebrations at Milaidhoo Island Maldives
Best Romantic Resorts in The Maldives
2 December, 2019
The story of a small island, continues this year with another chapter celebrating the festive season, embracing the Maldivian culture and history.
Milaidhoo Island embodies the culture, spirit and heritage of this island nation whilst reflecting the true contemporary Maldives. This year’s festive season will showcase the roots behind the story of this small island and connect all that guests can experience in the resort with Maldivian culture and history.
Throughout the festive season, artefacts and traditional tools will be on display, transforming dedicated areas into a small Maldivian village or showcasing relicts from the olden days. Guests are invited to experience Maldivian customs as they were hundreds of years ago and are welcome to discuss these with locals over afternoon tea or pre-dinner drinks.
The cultural experience will be completed with a cultural show, with an entire afternoon dedicated to provide space and time to get in touch with Maldivian culture.
Guests can observe and try the skill of coconut husking, crafting beautiful lacquer art, getting closer to the almost lost tradition of ‘Dhiyaa Hakuru’ (a natural syrup), which is a task of the ‘Toddy Tapper’. As well as traditional clothing and the art of how to wear a simple sarong or a beautiful Libaas, guests will get to know the various fashions for different occasions.
The culinary routes of the Maldives can be explored and tasted, by learning how to make and cook traditional ‘short eats’ and their recipes. Taste buds will be triggered and tested with traditional local drinks and flavours as well as delighted with traditional festive dining.
Festive cocktail receptions and dining events will please every festive aficionado as well as those who come to the island, for a luxury escape from the seasonal stress and winter blues, culminating in a sparkling New Year’s Eve with a glowing display of fireworks in the starry sky.
Recent Posts 29.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Four Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Seaside Finolhu: Playground for Tennis Lovers through Exciting Partnership with LUX Tennis
- Dhigali Maldives to reopen on 1st Dec as Premium All-Inclusive Resort
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Milaidhoo Island Maldives
Best Experience: honeymoon, beach, diving, swimming with mantas
Intimate and stylish, at Milaidhoo it’s about enjoying the natural environment in understated luxury. Tucked in the heart of a UNESCO biosphere reserve, surrounded by powdery white sands and nestled beside a colourful coral reef, Milaidhoo Maldives is a luxurious natural wonder. Envisage upscale delights with a ‘Reinvented Luxury’ twist, where guests will experience an indulgent escape in the Maldives’s most unique getaway. Committed to offering a unique and authentic Maldivian experience, this new child in the best Baa Atoll hotels collection that making waves with its refreshing contemporary twist on classic Maldivian style. Created for couples and romance only, Milaidhoo welcomes children above the age of 9 years only. What's more, it is only 30 minutes by seaplane from Male or a 15 minute domestic flight followed by a short speedboat ride. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More