Milaidhoo Island Maldives
Best Experience: Couples, Water Villas, Beaches, Manta Rays, Diving
Milaidhoo Island Maldives
Best Experience: Couples, Water Villas, Manta Rays, Beaches, Diving
Updated Jul, 2020
A tiny tropical slice of paradise, Milaidhoo Island Maldives is the perfect getaway that bringing back-to-basics, barefoot luxury to the Baa Atoll. Tucked in the heart of a UNESCO biosphere reserve, surrounded by powdery white sands and nestled beside a colourful coral reef, at Milaidhoo it’s about enjoying the natural environment in understated luxury.
This highly anticipated boutique island resort opened its doors in late November 2016. Committed to offering a unique and authentic Maldivian experience, this new child in the best Baa Atoll hotels collection that making waves with its refreshing contemporary twist on classic Maldivian style. Intimate and stylish, Milaidhoo purposely shuns the glitz for barefoot informality and embraces its naturally beautiful setting with an effortless mix of understated luxury and striking design. Envisage upscale delights with a ‘Reinvented Luxury’ twist, where guests will experience an indulgent escape in the Maldives’s most unique getaway.
One of the most impressive features of Milaidhoo Maldives is its proximity to the breathtaking Hanifari Bay: the place where you’ll glimpse the world’s largest group of manta rays from June to November. And if you’re especially lucky, you might catch sight of a whale shark or two as well. What’s more, it is only 30 minutes by seaplane from Male or a 15 minute domestic flight followed by a short speedboat ride.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals this week in Maldives
- Adora - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,383.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 20% OFF
- Emperor Explorer - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,749.00 - The Best of Maldives - €350 Off! Rates include discount
- Adora - 13 Dec 2020 - from €1,462.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 15% off
- Scubaspa Yang - 19 Dec 2020 - from €2,355.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. Please contact us for details.- 25% OFF
- Maldives Aggressor II - 03 Jan 2021 - from €1,718.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - $1000 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Seafari Explorer - 10 Jan 2021 - from €1,363.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - 15%
- Blue Voyager - 12 Jan 2021 - from €1,687.00 - Best of the Southern Atolls (Malé - Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Emperor Serenity - 17 Jan 2020 - from €1,829.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €170 OFF! Rates include discounts.
- Blue Spirit - 14 Feb 2021 - from €2,510.00 - Far South (Gan-Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
Milaidhoo opened its ‘doors’ in November 2016 and offers a world-class Indian Ocean escape with a focus on authentic barefoot luxury. Even at the swishest of beach resorts, it’s not often you have the run of your own tropical island – but at Milaidhoo Island, it’s as if it’s all yours from shore to shore. Set in the Unesco-protected, reef-fringed Baa Atoll, this cleverly designed hotel will make you feel like you really are miles from anywhere (including other guests). Each private villa – either by the beach or perched on stilts above the water – comes with its own infinity pool and sun-dappled terrace; some are so secluded they even have an outdoor shower. If you can bear to drag yourself away (we know, it’s difficult) the rest of Milaidhoo’s considerable offering is on your doorstep: three restaurants, a glittering main pool, a sandy-floored bar and dolphin-spotting tours await. DOWNLOAD RESORT MAP
Avoiding the current trend towards high glossy names and swank hotels, barefoot ease at Milaidhoo is in the heart of the ethos of the island, where self-stick and drones are not encouraged. You will not find underwater nightclubs or international DJs; this is the Maldives rebooted and back to basics – quiet, relaxed luxury in a tropical paradise. Perfectly located to offer absolutely the best in the Maldives to its discerning guests, Milaidhoo offers a return to the classic, relaxed Maldivian style of relaxation on a tiny island with deep soft white sandy beaches and a vibrant coral reef where dolphins, whale sharks and manta rays are the main attractions - the benefits of being in the protected marine area. The house reef lies close to the beach and, as a marine-protected reef, is known for its excellent snorkelling and diving.
The unheated infinity pool has sunloungers on one side and panoramic views of the Indian Ocean. There's the Compass Pool Bar too, which serves fresh juices and cocktails throughout the day. If you get peckish, there's also a menu of wood-fired pizzas, bento boxes, sandwiches and salads.
The hotel has plenty of eco-friendly measures in place, including a water plant and a coral-regeneration programme. The team also works with local charities such as MantaMatcher and the Manta Trust, who protect the native manta rays.
The resort has: Dive centre; yoga pavilion; watersports (kayaking, windsurfing, catamarans, paddle boards, snorkelling); free WiFi; laundry service. In rooms: flatscreen TV; DVD player; iPod dock; air-conditioning; private pool; minibar (with a free bottle of champagne on arrival); tea- and Nespresso coffee-making facilities; Acqua di Parma bath products; Jacuzzi (in Beach Residences only).
Set in the UNESCO world biosphere, Milaidhoo Maldives is in the heart of the Baa Atoll and is reached by a scenic 35-minute seaplane ride from Male International Airport. The transfers between the airport and Milaidhoo are arranged by the resort, so all you need to inform Milaidhoo Island Maldives with your international flight details at least 48 hours before you arrive and leave the rest to the island.
If you’re arriving at Velana (Malé) International after 15.30, you’ll need to get a 15-minute domestic flight to Dharavandhoo Airport followed by a 15-minute speedboat ride to Milaidhoo. Again, the hotel will organise everything for you, so let them know when your flight arrives.
A collection of 50 stylish private and secluded pool villas and residences overlook the pristine beach and the fantastic views of the Indian Ocean and blend perfectly into the spectacular surroundings. On the stilts in the lagoon there are 30 spacious water villas (245 sqm), and the other 20 villas on the beach (290 sqm) are hidden among the serene tropical vegetation. Stylish, light and airy, all villas have large private freshwater pools and an emphasis on outdoor living and the island itself has almost everything to show attention to every whim of guests.
With thatched roofs, bespoke furniture and a contemporary design that’s still in harmony with the surroundings, these are some of the most beautiful villas in the Maldives. Most are Water Pool Villas, with a curved infinity pool on the deck featuring an overwater gazebo/daybed and steps straight into the ocean. If you prefer to be on land, Beach Pool Villas have a spacious deck with day bed and oval-shaped pool fronting the white sands. For the ultimate in luxury, opt for one of the residences, where you’ll have your very own butler, private chef and outdoor cinema.
Designed by the local architect Mohammed Shafiq, the villas were made for Milaidhoo using materials and furnishings crafted in accordance with local traditions that embody the true modern style of the Maldives. The spacious open living room is the key phrase: the villas open panoramic views (180 degrees) to allow the natural beauty of the Maldives to become part of the room.
Spacious and stylish, the blue-on-blue accents are a proud nod to the deep-rooted marine culture of the Maldives, whilst simultaneously acknowledging the special location in the Baa Atoll – a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve – with the world’s highest concentration of manta rays. Set on stilts over the ocean, the 29 Water Pool Villas open out to an expansive sundeck with a freshwater infinity pool, an oversized daybed and steps which lead directly into the dazzling Indian Ocean. The huge bathrooms boast a bathtub and tropical rain-shower with a glass wall offering views of the sea below.
The 18 Beach Pool Villas, also with a vast sundeck, are set directly on the power soft white sand. The remaining 3 Villas are Residences – the ultimate in paradise island living, be it overwater or on the beach. Special touches include Champagne in your villa on arrival, 24 hour island host service which caters to your every whim, on demand movies, daily water, fresh fruit, premium teas and coffees, a wine fridge stocked with your favourite tipple, gourmet in-villa turndown service and a complimentary early check-in and late check-out (subject to availability).
Milaidhoo's rooms are classically decorated with every conceivable luxury, including a private infinity pool. If you do not know what to choose, the Beach Residence just clinches it: set right on the powder-soft sand, these huge (490sqm), thatched-roof villas open up all along one side, so you can make the most of the sunshine. The bedroom has floor-to-ceiling windows framing views of the beach and ocean beyond which open up to the sun deck with its 60sqm private freshwater infinity pool; Maldivian-style swing chair; sun loungers; umbrella; table with chairs and an oversized daybed by the pool. The comfortable, circular living room has an adjoining kitchenette and views of the beach and ocean beyond. The huge bathroom has indoor and outdoor rain showers and separate deep bathtub. Set on a private beach, each light-filled villa has custom-made furnishings for luxurious yet simple overall feel that brings elements of nature and Maldivian design heritage together.
Milaidhoo's Ocean Residence with Private Pool is 475sqm thatched-roof villa on stilts over the ocean has a spacious bedroom and wonderful ocean views throughout the villa. There’s a ‘secret’ loft deck in the rooftop overlooking the ocean which is a wonderful place to chill out and take in the views. Outside on the large sundeck are a swing chair, sun loungers, private freshwater infinity pool and steps into the ocean. The luxurious en-suite bathroom has ocean views, tropical rain shower and separate deep bathtub. Set at the very end of the over-water jetty, facing sunset this residence has separate living and bed rooms giving plenty of room to make yourself feel at home.
Milaidhoo is serious about its cusine. Gourmets will feel at home in the three restaurants and two bars. Uniquely for The Maldives, Milaidhoo offers a modern interpretation of ‘island influenced’ dining experience caters to all tastes and desires.
A lucky find for foodies looking for a new sensation: Milaidhoo Island Maldives is a home to the first modern Maldivian restaurant in the Maldives, called Ba’theli. Possibly one of the few fine-dining restaurants in the world that encourages its diners to come barefoot, Ba’theli’s architecture reflects its heritage as it takes its name from the local word for a traditional wooden sailing boat and has been built in the shape of three boats that stands on stilts over the lagoon. One ‘boat’ is the restaurant, a second ‘boat’ is the bar-lounge and a third ‘boat’ is the kitchen. Guests can dine either outdoors on the open-air‘deck’ of the restaurant under a starry night sky, or inside the boat, which is air conditioned and has glass floors for views of the marine life below. Facing the west, Baththeli commands perfect sunset views and is reached on foot by an overwater wooden jetty. Milaidhoo's signature restaurant is open for dinner every night from 19.00 and offers a six-course Maldivian heritage tasting menu as well as an a la carte choice from smoked tuna with crispy banana blossom to coconut sambal. The team, led by Maldivian chef Ahmed “Seabass” Sivath create dishes inspired by local dishes with flavours taken from the old maritime spice routes, blending local herbs and spices to enhance natural flavours. The Ba’theli menu features classic Maldivian dishes such as Garudhiya (a clear soup with tuna), mashuni (a tuna salad with coconut, pumpkin and lime) as well as a selection of regional specialties from around the different atolls such as a beef curry from the north and chicken curry from the far south of the Maldives.
At the Shoreline Grill, situated on the sand beneath the shade of thatched pavilions, the chefs will simply ask what meat or seafood you like, before whipping up a simple-yet-perfect dish. It's also home to the chef's table and wine cellar. Ocean has seating both inside and on the sea-facing deck, which has an enormous banyan tree growing in its centre. The à la carte menu – created by chef Jayadi – is a mixture of local and international dishes. This is where you'll find barefoot informality at its best. Easy, simple, no fuss. Open for dinner daily from 19.00 until 22.30.
A full menu of sushi, salads, burgers, sandwiches and local seafood is available round the clock. Well, you never know when you may fancy home-made ice-cream at 4am…
The sandy Compass Pool Bar transforms into a chill-out lounge at night whilst the signature bar is also shaped like a traditional boat, ready to sail into the sunset! Kick back in one of the hanging egg-chairs with a cocktail (the bartenders – all of whom have extensive mixology training – make a mean Negroni) and challenge your other half to traditional wooden board games. As you’d expect, there are wonderful vistas of the candlelit pool, but it’s the views for miles across the Indian Ocean that take centre stage.
Your stay includes breakfast and dinner (in the all-day dining restaurant) but for those keen to take full advantage of Milaidhoo's exceptional cuisine – it's worth the extra cost to indulge in Milaidhoo's Gourmet Plan – an upgrade to all-inclusive a la carte dining (one a la carte dinner every four days at the signature restaurant), along with premium brands of spirits, beers and cocktails, a premium selection of wines hand-picked by the sommelier and a selection of fresh juices, soft drinks, milkshakes and smoothies! Romantic couples and honeymooners never had it so good! Children over 9 years are welcome.
At Milaidhoo, it’s all about the details, the personalised service and warm welcoming hospitality. The resort differentiates itself with its ‘Milaidhoo Moments’ – a collection of exclusive activities specifically designed to create meaningful and memorable experiences for the luxury traveller. These ‘moments’ are connected to the island’s traditions and customs.
Visit the hotel’s five-star PADI dive centre, where dips will introduce you to the coral reef that fringes the island, its resident manta rays and countless shoals of tropical fish. If there just aren’t enough hours in the day for all your underwater exploits, fluoro night dives can be arranged for the adventurous. The really curious can take part in the ‘be a marine biologist’ programme, where you can shadow the local biologists and the work they do to maintain the reef and wildlife. The house reef right on Milaidhoo’s doorstep is extraordinary! See turtles, reef sharks, manta rays and dolphins and visit nearby Hanifaru Bay - a marine protected area which attracts the world’s largest seasonal groupings of manta rays and is also one of the best places in The Maldives to go whale shark spotting.
For those who’d rather keep their heads above water, there are windsurfing boards, catamarans, paddle boards and kayaks with which to explore the deep blue briny. Enjoy watersports, daily complimentary yoga and meditation sessions, pamper yourself in the Spa, board a traditional Maldivian sailing boat and head off into the horizon.
Serenity Spa offers blissful relaxation for your body and soul that takes place in four over-water treatment suites which offer inspiring views of sky and ocean. Explore our holistic treatment menu which incorporates the powers of botanicals combined with entrancing healing traditions from Africa, using local herbs and plants. Here you'll feel the benefits of our organic and natural spa therapies offered by Elemis, TheraNaka and Coola.
Try the romantic spa retreat for couples by Elemis 2 hrs 30 min or join for daily early morning complimentary 45 minute yoga class. For a romance loving couple to explore the far depths of utter relaxation together by immersing into this ceremony designed to ease away all tensions, leaving both relaxed, refreshed and rejuvenated.
• 30 min Tropical Coconut Sand Scrub
• 30 min steam and bath with fruit
• 60 min Elemis Freestyle Deep
• 30 min Elemis Booster Facial
Nothing to explain good and bad in this property they have 100% everything good no two words about it if someone wants real change of holiday feeling with deep home relax is the secret of this property, so no one can explain this feelings must experience it then you would love that forever
Exceptional, “An unforgettable small story”, “A wonderful Maldivian experience....”, “what we call paradise”, “The perfect honeymoon destination”, “perfect romantic resort”, “My favourite Maldivian resort so far!”, “An unforgettable stay ! Just in love with this place”...
Why stay here? What Guests Love
- A Milaidhoo signature cake on arrival
- Beautiful property with impressively sized private pool villas with gorgeous views.
- Great location in a UNESCO biosphere reserve, Baa Atoll - Access to whale sharks, manta rays and Hanifaru Bay
- very friendly and organized staff
- quiet and privacy: Very romantic place
- Butler service
- great and variety food; The breakfast spread was one of the best I've ever had.
- ‘Milaidhoo Gourmet’ a dine-around all-inclusive plan
- All villas are custom-made and made for comfort with a view that opens up to 180 degrees
- Romantic bath with flower petals scented oils, candles with a bottle of champagne and chocolates during your stay
What You Need to Know
- 30 minute seaplane flight direct from Male International airport
- Small, five star boutique resort with just 50 beachfront and over-water villas
- Check-out at 12 o'clock Check-in at 2 pm;
- Designed for couples seeking peace and privacy, the resort welcomes guests aged nine and above only, and have a strict no drone policy on the island.
- Everything on Milaidhoo has been custom-made and made for comfort with panoramic sea views
- Reinvented luxury of simple, natural and spacious outdoor living
- All villas feature large private pools that lights stars at night
- Milaidhoo Moments’ curated for couples to enjoy bespoke experiences
- World class dive sites to explore with in-house instructors available for novice divers
- Barefoot informality ethos, no shoes required. Ever
MALDIVES RESORTS HOT DEALS
- Flash Sale: 55% savings on stays at Kuredu Island Resort. Coupon Code - KURSPO55. Valid till 30th Nov
- The Nautilus Maldives: Book your House or Residence in advance and benefit from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% discount per booking on accommodation on All Inclusive basis.
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: FASHIONABLY EARLY - Save up to 35% off room rates when you book in advance.
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS - Reopening Offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included. Valid for stays between 1 October 2020 to 22 December 2020 and 10 January 2021 to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Blue Resort Maldives: Stay 3 nights and pay for 2 with Mastercard.
- Kudadoo Maldives: Promotion: 20% off Residences for stays from 1 October 2020 until 05 April 2021
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island: Enjoy 40% opening offer for stay until 23rd Dec 2020
- Komandoo Maldives: Enjoy a discount of up to 40% during this festive season, when you book a stay between November 1st 2020, and January 15th 2021.
- Veligandu Maldives: Last Minute Offer – Save 35%* Stay Window from Nov 1, 2020 – Dec 23, 2020. Booking Window from Oct 30, 2020 – Nov 30, 2020.
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 24.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Dhigali Maldives to reopen on 1st Dec as Premium All-Inclusive Resort
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More