DJ Scott Mills leads Amilla Maldives’ NYE 2021 spectacular
Best Family Resorts in the Maldives
11 Dec, 2020
BBC Radio 1 DJ Scott Mills will be leading guests at Amilla Maldives Resort and Residences out of 2020 and into 2021 at a show-stopping New Year’s Eve party.
The five-star Baa Atoll resort has a reputation for holding spectacular events to wrap up the year. And despite a tumultuous 2020, the team has managed to pull together a stellar line-up, with the theme of “The Greatest Showman’.
Joining Scott Mills will be Hayley Sanderson, one of the lead vocalists on ‘Strictly Come Dancing’. They will be supported by home-grown Maldivian talent: Area 51 performers, Limestone and DJ Shafraz.
General Manager Jason Kruse says everyone deserves a treat after such a tough year, so he wanted to deliver a spectacular party to end 2020.
“We are very happy to announce that Amilla will be bursting at the seams this festive season,” he says.
“This means we’ve been able to plan a festive programme in keeping with our reputation for world-class events. Just one month ago we weren’t sure what we could achieve for the festive season, what with all the uncertainty in the world. However, we’ve managed to assemble a very impressive line-up which is even better than we could have hoped for!”
Amilla Fushi has announced plans to follow a time-travelling “party of the century” concept for the upcoming New Year’s Eve 2020 celebrations at the resort.
The countdown to Christmas has already begun at scene-shaping Maldives luxury resort Amilla Fushi, as details of its hotly anticipated annual festive shenanigans emerge – culminating in an era-spanning New Year’s Eve ‘party of the century’ that will see guests dancing through 100 years in a single night, from the Roaring Twenties all the way through to the dawn of 2020.
Renowned for its star-studded festivities – last year global pop icon Rita Ora topped the bill – Amilla is set to welcome back Nick Grimshaw for another raucous NYE DJ set; and an as-yet-undisclosed chart-topping headline performer. Following the coup of last year’s intimate performance by Rita Ora, the UK singles chart’s most successful British female artist of all time, speculation is already mounting as to the identity of this year’s star guest.
Open to all guests at no extra charge, the New Year’s Eve extravaganza kicks off at sunset with a revival of the Roaring Twenties – think live jazz, clandestine cocktails from an art deco speakeasy, and gangsters and flapper girls dancing the Charleston.
As night falls, the boomers take over the beach for an interactive culinary carnival featuring a 50s Americana-inspired ‘drive-in’; a Flower-Powered hippie hangout serving CBD oil-based starters and desserts; and a 80s disco buffet – all brought vividly to life with dazzling entertainment by Area 51 performers.
The party then moves to the marina for a Nineties and Noughties DJ set by Nick Grimshaw ahead of the big countdown. After a spectacular midnight firework display, 2020 begins with a headline performance by this year’s mystery star guest – watch this space.
Any hardcore party people still standing after this epochal celebration for the ages can hit the after party at Amilla’s notorious 1 OAK Lounge from 3am to 8am.
Amilla’s elves are also dreaming up days and nights full of enchantment and wonder for the rest of the festive season. Foodies will think all their Christmases have come at once, with lip-smacking themed nights at chilled-out foodie hub Baazaar, enchanting dining experiences in the magical Mystique Garden, and incredible journeys of flavourful Japanese cuisine at signature overwater restaurant, Feeling Koi.
Australian football legend and former Everton player, Tim Cahill, will also be back on the island to inspire young footballers with a four-day festive training camp. Kids aged from 5-8 years, and teens from 9-16 years, can perfect their skills on Amilla’s very own full-sized pitch with elite coaching from the Socceroos’ all-time leading goal scorer. View festive programme
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience: Family, Couples, Dining, Diving, Spa
Featuring more flexible approach to tropical island luxury, Amilla Fushi offers a luxurious 'island home' for both couples and families in the Maldives. Younger, hipper, with a fresh and contemporary accomodation, the resort has so much to offer, from high design and inventive dining options, to stylish villas and amazing snorkelling and diving. Located in the Baa atoll, UNESCO Biosphere reserve, this might just be the most family friendly resort in the Maldives. Family villas have been designed to ensure that both the parent’s and children’s bedrooms are in the same building. The villas are very spacious, and unlike many two bedroom options you might find elsewhere, the second bedrooms are large and so also work very well for families with older children. The Sultan's Village kids’ club at Amilla Fushi is terrific – all palm tree swings, finger painting and beach games – teens can play billiards and X-Box, and all childcare, including baby-sitting, is complimentary. There is also a children's pool and beach club close by if parents wish to relax in close proximity to the Kids Club. In 2018, Amilla Fushi has been recognised as the leading family resort in Maldives. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More