A Sparkling season of giving awaits at Dusit Thani Maldives
Activities & Experiences in the Maldives
02 November, 2022
Dusit Thani Maldives resort has announced a festive programme for the 2022-23 season of glittering celebrations for the holidays.
The season starts with illuminations on Wednesday, 21 December, as guests gather for a traditional Christmas tree lighting ceremony at Sand Bar, complete with canapés and cocktails. More celebrations follow on Christmas Eve, with sunset drinks and a special dinner starring festive dishes from around the world at The Market. The big day kicks off with a leisurely Champagne breakfast and a visit from Santa on the beach.
The energy stays high throughout the season with White Parties at Sand Bar and a family-friendly celebration at The Maldives’ biggest infinity pool. Meanwhile, gourmands will enjoy a selection of special dinners, from a lobster barbecue served by the sea on 21 December to a Wine & Dine menu of delectable dishes paired with wines from around the world, served on Christmas Day and 2 January.
The ever-popular Thai Street Food Festival returns to award-winning Benjarong restaurant with authentic Siamese flavours at live cooking stations, and Amazonian Night promises junglethemed banqueting in a canopy-covered South American wonderland. New culinary adventures this year include a Mongolian BBQ and Hawaiian Beach Night at The Market.
Younger guests and families come together on 28 December for the Kids Carnival on the beach – an afternoon of exciting activities, from sack, spoon, and dizzy races to volleyball, games, and musical chairs. For those seeking a more peaceful pace, a complimentary yoga and sound bath meditation session encourages a sense of renewed bliss. Devarana Wellness also presents a range of special spa offers.
When it comes to New Year’s Eve, the resort pulls out all the celebratory stops with a rustic tropical beach party in a stunning setting festooned with island flora and featuring a range of spectacular entertainment. The Chef Parade kicks off the evening, followed by traditional Maldivian performances, a sizzling Latin dance show by three-time Norwegian champions Lars and Vivian, and fireworks at midnight. DJ Oly (ranked among the Top 50 Best Female DJs in Asia) fills the dance floor with after-party hits.
See 2021 Festive celebration video
The festive season comes to a close with the celebration of the Orthodox Christmas marked by a special cocktail party and sumptuous feast.
“The team and I are excited to welcome our guests for festive wonders and sparkling celebrations to ring in the New Year,” said General Manager Jacques Leizerovici.
For more information on the festive season at Dusit Thani Maldives, please contact email@example.com
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Dusit Thani Maldives
Best Experience: Water Villas, for Couples, House Reef Snorkeling & Diving, Mantas Watching
If the idea to stay on the Maldives in a Thai-style hotel raises your eyebrows, think about what it gives you. The warm hospitality of Thailand in an unprecedented luxury setting: two of the best aspects of an Asian luxury trip in one magnificent package. Located on Mudhdhoo island in Baa Atoll, the Maldives' first and only UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, Dusit Thani seduces guests with pearly white sandy beaches, turquoise lagoons, lush vegetation and a fantastic house reef with one of the most abundant marine life in the Maldives. Inspired by Thailand, architecture provides private life alone with a vibrant nature featuring both classical and modern styles. The resort villas and apartments are beautiful shelters of modern sophistication, with luxurious facilities and state os the art amenities. Fine cusine in an exotic setting is another highlight of this resort. The resort is also home to the largest infinity pool in the Maldives with an impressive of 750 square meters. As a visual center of the hotel, this swimming pool combines technology and nature with the flowing majestic Banyan tree.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More