Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
Best Romantic Resorts in The Maldives
18 Nov, 2020
Dusit Thani Maldives has announced a new line of local experiences specially created to bring guests a deeper understanding of the country and its unique heritage, customs and traditions.
As part of the initiative, 10 of the luxury Thai-themed resort’s local staff have been appointed as Dusit Safeeru (cultural ambassadors).
Each Dusit Safeeru completed a series of lessons in history and culture with renowned Maldivian scholars and local elders before joining together to create several activities which guests can join to learn fascinating facts about the Maldives.
The activities include, among others, a complimentary sunset cruise to learn more about the various surrounding islands, spot dolphins and flying fish, and discover the lesser-known features of traditional Dhoni boats; a weekly cultural interactive presentation about the resort’s home island of Mudhdhoo, and the history, culture and music and sports scene of the Maldives; a Maldivian Fisherman Night featuring the country’s best-loved dishes such as Valho Mas, with a workshop on how to enjoy locally grown, and famously hot, Mirus chilli (which has a Scoville heat grading of around 250,000).
The Maldivian Fisherman Night will also feature a Bodu Beru drumming session with local musicians. Dusit Safeeru will be on hand to explain the meaning of the songs.
“With heritage dating back as early as 300 BC, and with a culture heavily shaped by Indian, Sri Lankan, Malaysian, Persian, Indonesian and even African influences, the Maldives is a truly fascinating destination for guests to explore and experience,” Abbas Ibrahim, the Chief Dusit Safeeru, said.
“The Dusit Safeeru initiative gives locals like me the chance to transfer our knowledge and wisdom to our guests to make their stay more meaningful, enriched and exciting. We are delighted to have this opportunity to entertain them with stories of our island culture and traditions while helping to promote responsible and sustainable tourism too.”
The Dusit Safeeru project has been introduced as part of Dusit’s group-wide Dusit Care – Stay with Confidence programme, which includes a new range of services designed to go beyond heightened measures for health and safety to deliver additional convenience, experience and value for guests.
Flexible check-in, anytime breakfast, contactless payment options, and the provision of healthy drinks and snacks on arrival are just some of the services offered as part of the programme.
Recent Posts 24.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Dhigali Maldives to reopen on 1st Dec as Premium All-Inclusive Resort
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Dusit Thani Maldives
Best Experience: Water Villas, for Couples, House Reef Snorkeling & Diving, Mantas Watching
If the idea to stay on the Maldives in a Thai-style hotel raises your eyebrows, think about what it gives you. The warm hospitality of Thailand in an unprecedented luxury setting: two of the best aspects of an Asian luxury trip in one magnificent package. Located on Mudhdhoo island in Baa Atoll, the Maldives' first and only UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, Dusit Thani seduces guests with pearly white sandy beaches, turquoise lagoons, lush vegetation and a fantastic house reef with one of the most abundant marine life in the Maldives. Inspired by Thailand, architecture provides private life alone with a vibrant nature featuring both classical and modern styles. The resort villas and apartments are beautiful shelters of modern sophistication, with luxurious facilities and state os the art amenities. Fine cusine in an exotic setting is another highlight of this resort. The resort is also home to the largest infinity pool in the Maldives with an impressive of 750 square meters. As a visual center of the hotel, this swimming pool combines technology and nature with the flowing majestic Banyan tree. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More