Emerald Maldives Home of Sea Turtles
Best Delux-All Inclusive Resorts in The Maldives
23 April, 2020
Emerald Maldives resort is host to a green turtle nest.
Turtles and every other species that lives on sand or sea are a fundamental part of our ecosystem and, seeing animals around the island is a very good signal of a healthy soil and environment. Immersed in nature, the resort implemented various sustainable initiatives to protect marine creatures because, fundamental in tropical habitats like the Maldives.
Today, we want to move the attention to Marine turtles, a species linked to reptiles that has been around the ocean for some million years. In the Maldives, there are 5 of 7 species of Marine Turtles known, that are an essential source for keeping the coral reef and marine organisms functioning.
Emerald Maldives Resort & Spa is honoured to be home of a new generation thanks to a Female marine turtle that two months ago emerged at night to find a quiet dark place to leave its eggs on Fashmendoo Island, which is part of the nesting process.
On February 26th 2020, eggs were found under a tree beside a beach villa with pool by one of the staff members. These eggs were hatching and the little turtles that were born were moving towards the ocean and, the resident Marine Biologist used a light to redirect some of them. Once hatched, the turtles will remember the exact spot where they were born, thanks to their senses, biological factors, sea currents and many other characteristics that ensure their return once matured, to lay their own eggs. Therefore, it is very important to enhance the imprinting process of this species in order to see them again in the upcoming years, on what they know as their natal beach.
In addition, a sea turtle’s clutch is approximately fifty eggs and might be laid more than once during the nesting season, this means that we will see many returning turtles for many years to come.
Emerald Maldives Resort & Spa is very happy and excited of becoming the natal island of new marine turtles and is looking forward to welcoming and protecting the future born in the resorts’ white sandy beaches.
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Emerald Maldives Resort & Spa
Best Experience: Couples, Families, All Inclusive, diving
Emerald Maldives Resort and Spa - Deluxe All Inclusive is an unforgettable getaway for people who dream to beach experience the beautiful white sands, tropical nature and blue ocean of a Maldivian island, with luxurious ambience. All inclusive 5-stars Deluxe Resort is located in Raa Atoll and was opened on August 2019. Emerald Maldives is the perfect destination for your holiday in the Maldives, whether you are looking for adventure, exploring the underwater wonders, or simply relaxation, enjoying the modern facilities, in-house dining venues and comfort of your villa. The Emerald keeps everything it promises. Just outstanding work - from the incredibly luxurious villa, to the great food, to the incomparable excellence of all services. Managed by Rome-headquartered hotel chain Emerald Collection, Emerald Maldives Resort and Spa is set on the island of Fasmendhoo which is accessible by a scenic 45-minute seaplane flight or a 30-minute domestic flight from the main Malé International Airport. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More