Grand Park Kodhipparu Maldives Gets first Green Globe Certification
Best Luxury Hotels near Male Airport
4 May, 2020
Grand Park Kodhipparu Maldives has get its first Green Globe certification.
The resort received the certification by the world-leading sustainability system in acknowledgement of its sustainable management and operations.
“We are thrilled to be part of the Green Globe family. Many thanks to our team and the efforts they made to reach our first certification. We are committed towards developing a successful environmental management system and pursuing our efforts in sustainable tourism. Fundamental practices have already been implemented with more projects in the pipeline that enhance green and eco driven initiatives for the benefit of everyone,” Raffaele Solferino, General Manager at Grand Park Kodhipparu was quoted in a statement, as saying.
A comprehensive Sustainability Management Plan (SMP) is in place at Grand Park Kodhipparu. The SMP is overseen by a dedicated Green Team comprised of senior management and staff members representing different departments.
Here are some of the green initiatives taken by Grand Park Kodhipparu.
Elimination of single use plastics
In line with the Maldivian government’s policy to reduce the use of plastics in the region, plastic straws have been replaced with biodegradable paper and reusable stainless steel straws diverting 7,000-8,000 pieces of plastic per month from resort waste volume.
In addition, last year an on-site bottling plant was installed that provides fresh drinking water treated at the property’s desalination plant in glass bottles reducing waste by more than 10,000 PET water bottles per month.
Further actions include the distribution of liquid bathroom amenities through the use of large dispensers rather than single mini-bottles and the introduction of paper laundry bags.
Raising environmental awareness
Environmental initiatives are at the forefront of efforts aimed at protecting the pristine natural waters and surroundings at this island resort.
An in-house resident marine biologist educates guests on actions they can take to protect the reefs and sea life whilst enjoying snorkelling and other water sports.
The property also invites visitors to participate in international environmental awareness celebrations such as Earth Hour, Earth Day, World Environment and World Oceans Day along with regular activities such as tree-planting and reef cleaning days. It is estimated over 100 kg of litter was removed through reef-cleaning activities in 2019.
A Protect the Maldives flyer is provided in a Welcome Pack for all guests upon arrival to encourage responsible behaviour.
In addition, a Wooden Starfish placed on beds in guest rooms highlight linen reuse options and environmental conservation information is displayed on IPTV monitors.
Recent Posts 24.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Dhigali Maldives to reopen on 1st Dec as Premium All-Inclusive Resort
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Grand Park Kodhipparu, Maldives
Best Experience: for Honeymoon, Family Holiday, Activities
Grand Park Kodhipparu, Maldives is a new luxury 5-star resort in 20 minutes by speedboat from Male airport. The stunning private island promises its guests an unforgettable Maldives experience offering a new landmark in luxurious hospitality. Located in North Male Atoll, Grand Park Kodhipparu was designed by the world famous Hirsch Bedner Associates company providing a fantastic experience as luxurious as its incredible natural surroundings. 120 idyllic beach and water villas including 65 with private pools, large infinity swimming pool overlooking the turquoise ocean, starry culinary options in three restaurants, world-class spa, excellent house reef snorkeling, fully equipped water sports center and dive center, beach club and children's club provide guests with everything they need for an unforgettable holiday in the Maldives. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More