Hard Rock Launches Global 'Safe + Sound' Programme, Maldives Hotel to reopen from July 15
Best Family Resorts Near Male Airport
11 July, 2020
Hard Rock International has announced the new health and safety plan for Hard Rock Hotels, as locations begin to reopen worldwide in compliance with global, national and local health officials.
The 'SAFE + SOUND' program has been developed by a team of hospitality and gaming experts in collaboration with worldwide health and sanitation specialists, such as Ecolab and NSF International. It also includes directives of key agencies, such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). SAFE + SOUND is focused on enhanced cleaning practices, social interactions and workplace protocols, while ensuring transparency through the Guest and Team Member journey.
As part of the program, every Hard Rock Hotel & Casino around the world is required to pass the Safe + Sound 272 point inspection independently assessed by NSF International. We look forward once more to welcoming through our doors the millions of Hard Rock fans around the world, in the safest environment.
“Throughout Hard Rock’s nearly 50-year-history, the safety and security of our guests and team members has always been the hallmark of our service, and we continue to deliver on that promise with SAFE + SOUND, a best-in-class programme focused on enhanced cleaning practices, social interaction guidelines and workplace protocols,” Jon Lucas, Chief Operating Officer at Hard Rock International, was quoted in a statement, as saying.
“We’ve worked hand-in-hand with industry-leading experts to strike the right balance, ensuring each and every property exceeds cleanliness standards set by leading public health agencies, while still providing guests with unforgettable experiences.”
The SAFE + SOUND programme implements the highest level of safety, sanitisation, and employee training.
From the initial welcome at check-in down to each detail inside guest rooms and common areas throughout the property, there is a heightened focus on cleanliness.
Additionally, Hard Rock team members have been trained by Ecolab cleaning experts on proper disinfection procedures.
The plan will also incorporate elements of each properties’ local, government-mandated policies. While individual property protocols may vary based on local guidelines, SAFE + SOUND protocols include, but are not limited to:
- Temperature checks for every team member, guest and vendor upon arrival
- Social distancing markers placed six feet (two metres) apart where lines can form
- Mandatory masks for all team members
- Masks required for guests in designated areas, such as check-in, elevators and public areas such as casino floors
- Seal of SAFE + SOUND on every guest room door upon arrival
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting frequency for high-touch surfaces across public areas, meeting rooms, dining areas and public restrooms
- Hand sanitiser in every public space area and all restrooms
- Team member hand washing every 60 minutes
- Plexiglass separators at front desks, check-in areas, table games, poker games and additional customer service areas
- High level infection control procedures to collect laundry
- Touchless, in-room dining service at guest room door
- Sanitisation of guest luggage before it enters the lobby
- Self-service buffets have been suspended
- At pools and beaches, groups of guests are spaced six feet (two metres) apart
- Alternating slot machines are unavailable to help ensure social distancing on the casino floors
- Signs posted throughout the property to encourage social distancing and help ensure adherence to SAFE + SOUND program guidelines
- An overall reduction in guest capacity throughout casino complexes
Download the Safe + Sound fact sheet here.
Recent Posts 20.09.2020
- Reethi Beach Resort reopens with a new room category
- Reethi Faru Resort Opens new Deluxe Beach Pool Villas
- OZEN Reserve Bolifushi appoints Falaaz Ismail as sales director
- 'Work smart' from Paradise at Grand Park Kodhipparu Maldives
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Seaside Finolhu Ready to Open Following Exciting Transformation
- Emperor Maldives starts 'Lucky Trip' offer with guaranteed liveaboard spot
- Soneva launches Virtual Wine Tasting
- Must Do Experiences at Constance Moofushi
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives features new butler concept
- These Hotels are now Offering Free Covid PCR test in the Maldives
- Top 10 Things to Do at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- The 10 Most Amazing Places for Travel Photo in Maldives
- 10 Reasons You Should Add Waldorf Astoria Maldives to Your 2021 Bucket List
- Maldives Guest Houses to Reopen from 15 October
- 10 Reasons Why We Love Diving Safari in The Maldives
- Soneva Fushi Opens New One - and Two-bedroom Over-Water Villas
- Experience The Ultimate All-Inclusive Holiday at Emerald Maldives
- The Best Local Islands for Budget Family Holiday
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Hard Rock Hotel Maldives
Best Experience: Couples, Families, Water Villas, Dining, Shopping, Nightlife, Activity
Located within Emboodhoo Lagoon, Hard Rock Hotel Maldives is your all-access guide to the great life in The Marina @ CROSSROADS, the first integrated resort destination in the Maldives. Opened on september 2019, and only a 15-minute boat jorney from Malé airport the resort offers direct access to an entertainment island with dining, shopping, and more fun activities. Hard Rock Hotel in the Maldives takes inspiration from the tropical surroundings, incorporating authentic notes of regionally-inspired music memorabilia throughout.
This highly anticipated property also offers vacationers direct access to The Marina @ Crossroads, the Maldives’ first integrated lifestyle island which houses a rich combination of world-class offerings, including entertainment, retail, fine dining and outdoor activities. The facilities offered by The Marina include a 30-berth marina, the Junior Beach Club and Camp, the Crossroads Event Hall, the Maldives Discovery Centre, the Marine Discovery Centre, and a world-class beach club by Cafe Del Mar. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More