Kuredu Island Resort & Spa reveals New Seafood & Plant-inspired menu at Beach Shack restaurant
Best Resorts for Vegetarians in the Maldives
31 July, 2021
In response to the growing, health-conscious, and ethically-minded guest profile, Kuredu Island Resort & Spa launches a new menu inspired by ‘produce-to-plate’ ethos.
As part of its culinary offerings, the vibrant Kuredu Island, located in the pristine Lhaviyani Atoll, has introduced a new seafood and plant-based menu at its sea-facing restaurant, Beach Shack.
Executive Sous Chef Marek Koucky, inspired by his culinary training in Mexico and travels around the world, and his talented team, have crafted a delightful menu that stays true to ‘produce-to-plate’ ethos. It features specially selected produce of the region, locally sourced seafood, and a daily harvest from Kuredu’s expansive greenhouse and organic garden, bursting with fresh vegetables, fragrant herbs, and aromatic spices.
The new à la carte menu offers a flavourful selection of seafood delights, with signature dishes including Jumbo Crab with spiced bisque, chicken wing, charred pineapple, and tapioca cracker and Lobster Medallions with young coconut, red curry, and pearl barley risotto.
Health-conscious and ethically-minded guests can enjoy tucking into a luscious array of inventive vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free selections. Chef’s recommendations include Pumpkin Veloute served with mushrooms, smoked almonds, and truffle oil and Grilled Artichokes with marinated artichoke hearts, asparagus, and mustard seeds. All the plates are visually appetising, delicious, and elevated with a locally inspired twist.
Complementing the refined dining experience are freshly-baked bread with special ‘seaweed’ butter, served before dinner service begins and a hand-picked selection of premium wines from Kuredu’s very own wine cellar.
Sweet treats include Chocolate Rocky Road, Vegan Coconut Panna Cotta, and a Selection of Sorbets.
Tasting menus are also on offer to provide diners with the opportunity to sample six carefully selected courses from the new seafood & vegan menu.
Guests are invited to dine healthily and organically, whether sea-facing or on the beach under the stars and explore the exquisite flavours of the Maldives and the Indian Ocean.
Beach Shack is available for dinner, on request with 24 hours prior notice. To learn more, please visit: Beach Shack Restaurant at Kuredu
Recent Posts 21.01.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- New Year, New Scene: Here’s Where to Stay in January in Maldives
- BOOK DIRECT - Best Rate Guaranteed with COLOURS of OBLU resorts collection
- Week in Review: Riverside Adds Crystal Ships, Orient Express' Yacht
- Find the Most Exotic New Spot for Diving in 2023
- Valentine's Day celebration at Oaga Art Resort
- Stats: 69% of Travelers Actively Seeking Sustainable Travel Options
- Things to Do for Couples at Vakkaru Maldives this February
- Minor Hotels names Michael Parker as GM of three Maldives resorts
- Hanimaadhoo International Airport Expansion Project launched
- Discover a Sanctuary for the Serene Wonders: Madifushi Private Island Officially opens
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives announces New Beach Villa for Group vacation
- Viking Releases Details of New 2024-25 World Cruises
- 10 reasons to be in Bangkok next month
- Plan a Stress-Free Romantic Escape: Feel the Tropical Romance at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Healthy Eating: Lantern Bar at Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives resort
- Share the Love this Valentine’s Day at Amilla Maldives
- Winter Cocktails that will Get You Feeling Festive: recipes from Coco Bodu Hithi
- Still Dreaming? Awaken to 2023 with Huvafen Fushi!
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches direct Transfers from Hulhumale
- 5 Eco-Tourism Experiences in the Maldives
- Total Escape: Bhutan Like Never Before with COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Kuredu Island Resort & Spa
Best Experience: Couples, Families, Diving, Value, All Inclusive
The most popopular with divers, Kuredu Island Resort & Spa situated on the north reef of Lhaviyani Atoll, an area known for its unrivalled beauty and tropical marine life. With established, laid-back vibe the resort offers guests the ultimate luxury island retreat and is one of the larger islands in the Maldives.
Originally opened in 1989, the island was packed with fun-loving young people that was big on diving and Kuredu offered its guests over-water Sangu villas. After the island's east end has been added modern 'O' beach villas, and really private Sultan Villas took a place in the heart of Kuredu. It’s loaded with restaurants and bars (14 in total) and has plenty of space for large amenities like a soccer field, golf course, two spas, and three pools. Kuredu isn’t as intimate as some smaller resorts, and it’s a pricey, 45-minute flight from Male. Still, affordable rooms and impressive food make Kuredu an outstanding overall value; travelers will be hard-pressed to find a better upscale resort especially one offering all-inclusive packages that include alcohol at these rates. Read Full Review
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More