Exercise Alfresco: Add Variety to Make Your Maldives Island Your Gym
Maldives Activities Guide
21 Aug, 2021
The Maldives is great to recharge, soak in the sun on a beach holiday, for diving, romance, and indulgence. Guests can add wellbeing and outdoor exercising to the list of things to do in the Maldives.
Each of our resorts has air-conditioned fitness centres with ocean vistas and some with tropical views amidst lush gardens. The private islands, being at sea level, are a perfect spot for low altitude endurance training. With clean air and surrounded by the sea, our resorts offer a great place for our guests to embrace nature and get inventive with their fitness regime while on holiday.
Here are 8 ways to get your workout at Crown & Champa Resorts Collection
Dip into the sea or the freshwater pools at our resorts. Every island in the collection includes their own lagoon and swimming pools. Saltwater is known for its therapeutic effects and warm seawater, generally 25°C to 30 °C (77 to 86 °F). Swimming offers the benefit of increased heart rate, muscle toning, stamina, and endurance without stressing your body.
2. Scuba dive & 3. Snorkelling
Exploring the underwater world is an excellent way of being active. It will double as a well-being activity, putting your whole body to test while calming your mind and regulating your breathing.
4. Sea Kayaking
This calorie-burning activity is fun and helps exercise your back, shoulders, arms, chest, and abs. Choose from single or twin kayaks at our resorts’ water sports centre. Complimentary use of kayaks is included in most of the collection’s All-Inclusive Packages.
5. Stand up Paddle Boarding
Also known as SUP Surfing, this activity uses your core muscles to keep you balanced an oversized surfboard with a paddle. This gentle activity is easy to learn, exercise your body while not exerting pressure. Paddle boarding at sunset is a bucket list activity. Ask your resort’s Water Sports centre for paddle boards.
6. Running & Jogging
A jog on the beach or run through the islands’ coconut canopied roads and pathways – an activity suitable for guests of all ages to improve cardiovascular fitness and build strong bones.
7. Increase your flexibility
Stretch. Roll out your yoga mats on the beach or the verandas of your villas with sea views. The Duniye Spas at each of the resorts also offer yoga sessions for the guests to enjoy.
8. Play Racquet Sports
Tennis, badminton, paddle tennis, and table tennis. Our properties provide a choice of facilities to burn those calories with intense and fun under the tropical weather.
Crown & Champa Resorts caters to every purpose of travel and connects travellers with a passion for a life fully lived to the best of this idyllic destination, offering world-class hospitality, thoughtful and attentive service, and authentic Maldivian experiences.
We hope to see more of you, your friends, and your loved ones visiting the Maldives soon - and when you do, our resort teams await to make it an incredible and safe stay with the Crown & Champa Resorts Collection.
The Crown & Champa Resorts collection has something to offer for everyone. For guests who are planning their holidays, we have a choice of special offers into 2021.
Book Direct Benefits:
- Free PCR Tests for stays of 7 nights or more.
- Flexible cancellation up to 3 days prior to departure
Recent Posts 03.10.2022
- The Travel Calendar for October 2022 in the Maldives
- The Ozen Collection brings Bodegas Viñátigo Winery to the Maldives
- One&Only Reethi Rah recognized with First Maldives National Tourism Awards
- Why You should spend this Festive Season with Cora Cora Maldives
- The Westin Maldives' Heavenly Spa wins Haute Grandeur Awards
- 5* dreamy Maldives Half Board stay near Male with return speedboat transfers
- Latest News from Kandima, October 2022
- Now Open: Emerald Faarufushi Resort & Spa
- Maldives Best Dive sites: Fushivaru
- Huvafen Fushi announces Key Leadership Appointments
- Fall in Love with the Maldives in Mid-Season at Amari Havodda
- Coco Collection celebrates the Maldives Tourism Golden Year
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, September 2022
- Malahini Kuda Bandos Upper Class Upgrade Review
- This Year Traditional meets Tropical for Innahura’ Festive Season
- Romantic wedding proposal ideas at Komandoo
- Huvafen Fushi hosts manifestation retreat with Roxie Nafousi
- Plan for a Good Time in Maldives at Sky Beach Maldives - Dhiffushi
- Paul Gauguin Cruises announces 2024 Voyages
- Maldives celebrates World Manta Day
- Music and Michelin Stars to collide at Siyam World Maldives’ First Birthday bash
- Finding Unique Travel Experiences with Anantara
- Experience the Magic of the Holidays with Raffles Maldives resort
- Dreamy 5* star all-inclusive Maldives getaway: Discover AARAH, Now
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Crown & Champa Resorts
Each of the Crown & Champa Resorts is its private island paradise with sparkling lagoons, swaying palm trees and natural sandy beaches. With international tourism in the Maldives celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2015, this group of 4 to 4½ Star Resorts has earned an excellent reputation. While the Resorts have proudly been operating for many years, they have maintained their competitiveness through constant renovation and upgrades to maintain the highest international standards.
Crown & Champa Resorts diverse collection of resorts include Hurawalhi Maldives, Kudadoo Maldives Private Island by Hurawalhi, Innahura Maldives Resort, Komandoo Maldives, Veligandu Island Resort & Spa, Kuredu Resort Maldives, Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, Meeru Island Resort & Spa, and one city hotel, Champa Central Hotel. Each resort offers guests an unforgettable experience and memorable moments, with beautiful sandy beaches, turquoise waters, beach dining options, water activates, dive centres and snorkelling in one of the most picturesque destinations in the world. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More