IHG Ramp up New Cleaning protocols for Post-coronavirus Travel
Best Luxury Resorts in the Maldives
25 May, 2020
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has updated its cleanliness policy in preparation for a post-coronavirus world, committing to a higher standard of hygiene across its hotels and resorts.
Starting from June, IHG brands will operate under a Clean Promise developed through the company’s new Global Cleanliness Board, which has experts in operations, health, safety and guest experience, working external specialists to define solutions, best practice and implement processes.
Using new, science-led protocols and service measures, and partnering with industry leading experts Cleveland Clinic, Ecolab and Diversey, the strengthened measures will give guests greater confidence and hotel teams the protection needed.
“The future of travel may look different, but a safe, secure stay is fundamental to deliver True Hospitality – and that will never change,” IHG chief executive Keith Barr was quoted in a statement, as saying.
“By combining IHG’s world-class knowledge and processes, with cutting-edge expertise from Cleveland Clinic, Ecolab and Diversey, we can reassure guests and colleagues that we’re focused on protecting their health and wellbeing. This includes looking at where technology can make a difference, deploying enhanced, highly visible and more frequent cleaning measures, and different approaches to food and beverage, all underpinned by our new IHG Clean Promise.”
Enhancing IHG Way of Clean
IHG has a long-standing commitment to rigorous cleaning procedures.
Launched in 2015, the IHG Way of Clean programme was developed with Ecolab and Diversey, both world leaders in hygiene and cleaning technologies and services.
This programme is now being expanded with additional Covid-19 protocols and best practices — many of which are already in place — to reflect the advice of the World Health Organisation, Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, and local public health authorities in markets around the world.
IHG Way of Clean already includes deep cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants and going forward guests can expect to see evolved procedures in every area of the hotel, which may include:
- Reception: Reduced contact at check-in, touchless transactions, front-desk screens, sanitiser stations, sanitised key cards, paperless checkout
- Guest room: Visible verification of sanitised items (e.g., glassware, remote control), reduction of in-room furnishings/high-touch items, new laundry protocols, use of new technology
- Public spaces and facilities: Additional deep cleaning of high-touch surfaces, social distancing, “last cleaned” charts, best practices for pools, fitness centres and lounges
- Food and beverage: New standards and service approach to buffets, banquets, room service and catering
Wellbeing of guests, colleagues
IHG is working closely with a team of medical experts at the world-renowned Cleveland Clinic to develop guidance and resources for hotel teams on returning to work and keeping guests safe in this new environment, which may include:
- Cleanliness information in hotels and on IHG’s booking channels
- Social distancing operating procedures and signage
- Guidance on the use of protective equipment as necessary by hotel colleagues
- Updated colleague training and certification
- Availability of individual guest amenity cleaning kits
- Hand sanitiser and disinfecting wipes available in guest rooms and at high-touch points throughout hotels
Clean Promise, Global Cleanliness Board
With updated measures in place, IHG is launching a Clean Promise. Rolling out globally from June 1, guests can be reassured that their room will meet IHG’s high standards of cleanliness. If not, the hotel will make it right.
Leading this work is IHG’s new Global Cleanliness Board, a group of IHG experts in operations, health, safety and guest experience, working with our new external specialists, including James Merlino, Chief Clinical Transformation Officer at Cleveland Clinic, to define solutions, best practice and implement processes.
While on-property, hotel teams will also appoint Clean Champions to continue building the culture of clean instilled in IHG hotels around the world. These champions will focus on guests and colleagues as they navigate the new environment and help on-property teams to consistently deliver these elevated cleanliness standards.
Recent Posts 03.10.2022
- The Travel Calendar for October 2022 in the Maldives
- The Ozen Collection brings Bodegas Viñátigo Winery to the Maldives
- One&Only Reethi Rah recognized with First Maldives National Tourism Awards
- Why You should spend this Festive Season with Cora Cora Maldives
- The Westin Maldives' Heavenly Spa wins Haute Grandeur Awards
- 5* dreamy Maldives Half Board stay near Male with return speedboat transfers
- Latest News from Kandima, October 2022
- Now Open: Emerald Faarufushi Resort & Spa
- Maldives Best Dive sites: Fushivaru
- Huvafen Fushi announces Key Leadership Appointments
- Fall in Love with the Maldives in Mid-Season at Amari Havodda
- Coco Collection celebrates the Maldives Tourism Golden Year
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, September 2022
- Malahini Kuda Bandos Upper Class Upgrade Review
- This Year Traditional meets Tropical for Innahura’ Festive Season
- Romantic wedding proposal ideas at Komandoo
- Huvafen Fushi hosts manifestation retreat with Roxie Nafousi
- Plan for a Good Time in Maldives at Sky Beach Maldives - Dhiffushi
- Paul Gauguin Cruises announces 2024 Voyages
- Maldives celebrates World Manta Day
- Music and Michelin Stars to collide at Siyam World Maldives’ First Birthday bash
- Finding Unique Travel Experiences with Anantara
- Experience the Magic of the Holidays with Raffles Maldives resort
- Dreamy 5* star all-inclusive Maldives getaway: Discover AARAH, Now
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort
Best Experience: Water Villas, couples, Family, Beaches, Diving
InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau is the first InterContinental Resort in the Maldives and one of the most exclusive InterContinental hotels in the world, welcomed its first guests in september 2019. The five-star resort boasts a strong team of distinguished professionals to deliver an exceptional luxury service.
Located in the secluded Raa atoll, and spread over a private island with lush tropical greenery, InterContinental Maldives Maamanugau has 81 Villas and Residences designed to seamlessly blend with the breath-taking natural environment with a unique emphasis on sustainability and wellness. Nestled close to the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, prepare to be amazed by the myriad of marine life in the island's lagoon including The Hanifaru Bay that is home to manta ray sanctuary. Unique and tempting dining experiences where culinary artistry is complemented by endless views of the Indian Ocean, will be found at each of the six restaurants and bars. The luxurious resort promises delights of all kinds, with detailed interiors, chic vibes and moments to cherish including exclusive and personalised butler services as well as many aqua and thrilling adventures. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More