InterContinental Maldives crowned as “Best Hotel Architecture, Maldives” at the Asia Pacific Property Awards 2021–2022
Best Luxury Resorts in the Maldives
09 June, 2021
InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau is the first InterContinental Resort designed and developed by Eco-id Architects Pte Ltd (Singapore), has been recognized as the 5-star winner for “Best Hotel Architecture Maldives” at the recently concluded Asia Pacific Property Awards 2021.
This is the second achievement for the resort celebrating our architectural design as we secured the Bronze Award for “Best Hotel & Tourism Development 2020” at the MIPIM Asia Awards in December 2020.
Opened in 2019, InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort located in the pristine Raa Atoll, caters to visiting families, groups, couples or solo travelers with one bedroom villas and two or three bedroom residences all with spacious indoor and al fresco dining spaces opening up to a sweeping private terrace with private pool and direct access to the beach, lagoon or ocean. Offering an unique accommodation concept are the Lagoon Pool Villas which are all spread across both the ocean and beach.
The Three Bedroom Royal Beachfront Residence; a beachfront sanctuary encompassed by lush tropical greenery is ideal for multi-generational families or a group of friends travelling together. With direct beach access, ample indoor and outdoor living space, the Three Bedroom Royal Beachfront Residence is the epitome of tropical island living.
Modern nako louvres are used throughout the resort to seamless blend in with the tropical architecture with the use of logs as simple columns and mangrove sticks used for screens echo the projects simplicity and eco-friendly approach to the exterior aesthetics. Drawing inspiration from “Musafir” – an Arabic word portraying the concept of wanderlust and the colourful lifestyle of a nomad, the interior design of the resort incorporates discreet, calming touches to complement contemporary Maldivian design evident across many of the resorts architectural features and unique pieces of art. Thoughtfully placed in guest rooms and restaurants you will find vibrant colours woven into the finishings such as the Maldivian lacquer boxes, the bright colours and the bright tapestries adorning the walls.
The Asia Pacific Property Awards celebrates the highest levels of achievements by companies operating in all sectors of the property and real estate industry and is widely recognized as a renowned mark of excellence. In it’s 28th year, the Asia Pacific Property Awards are judged by an independent panel of over 80 industry experts. Judging focuses on design, quality, service, innovation, originality and commitment to sustainability.
The InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort is an exclusive destination getaway offering an unique opportunity for those looking to unwind and reconnect in an enviable island setting where exclusive privileges go hand in hand with the personal touch of our signature service at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts’ first and only all-Club InterContinental resort. Located 35 minutes by seaplane from the Velana International Airport, the InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort is an award winning island escape offering beach, lagoon and overwater accommodation, curated dining and wellness experiences, an extensive kids club aalong with a myriad of recreational adventures for families and couples alike.
For more information, visit https://maldives.intercontinental.com/
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort
Best Experience: Family, Couples, Dining, Diving, Spa
InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau is the first InterContinental Resort in the Maldives and one of the most exclusive InterContinental hotels in the world, welcomed its first guests in september 2019. Located in the secluded Raa atoll, InterContinental Maldives has 81 Villas and Residences designed to seamlessly blend with the breath-taking natural environment with a unique emphasis on sustainability and wellness. Unique and tempting dining experiences where culinary artistry is complemented by endless views of the Indian Ocean, will be found at each of the six restaurants and bars. The luxurious resort promises delights of all kinds, with detailed interiors, chic vibes and moments to cherish including exclusive and personalised butler services as well as many aqua and thrilling adventures. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More