Intercontinental Maldives resort announces Maamunagau’s secret garden: Festive season 2022
Activities and Experiences in the Maldives
28 October, 2022
The most wonderful time of the year is knocking on our doors again, and guests can look forward to a plentiful festive season at InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort. The resort’s festive programme is inspired by the idea of spending time together and stepping into a Secret Garden full of splendour and beautiful experiences.
This year’s festive season at Maamunagau Island is all about culinary heights led by a visiting Michelin star chef and award-winning flair bartender, time together as friends, family, and couples, and simply celebrating life. Guests get to retreat from their daily hustle and embrace nature, reconnect with what matters and soak in the serenity that only a tropical, remote island can host.
Enjoyment and adventures are on the list to participate for both children and adults, beginning from the moment the Christmas tree is lit up on 22nd December 2022 to welcome the festive spirit to the island and kick off the season for this year, all the way through to the New Year 2023.
With visiting celebrity chef Anita Lo from the USA and visiting Flair Bartender Anne-Lise Jouenne from Paris, the resort will elevate the extensive bespoke guest experience offers even further.
Having travelled the world, the US-based Michelin Star Chef Anita Lo loves to mix and fuse flavours, reflecting stories and secrets from her journey and different cultures to become one of the most sought-after chefs in America.
“For me, there is nothing better than discovering a new culture through its food. Ingredients tell stories, both personal and historical, about the people who cook it, about migration, strife, and the surrounding land. Food is identity, and I love nothing more than sharing what I’ve learned along the way,” says Anita Lo.
Anne-Lise Jouenne is an extremely talented flair bartender visiting the island’s shores from France. She is one of the very few flair bartenders in France and likely the reason for one or the other broken spirit bottles in private homes as her fans express themselves in this skilful art inspired by her TikTok fame. As the best female participant of the prestigious Roadhouse competition in London in 2019, she will also present her unique creations to the extensive cocktail offering of the resort.
As well this festive season, guests can explore the wellness journeys visiting practitioners have prepared at AVI Spa, creating once-in-a-lifetime memories for the whole family or a romantic interlude for two to remember forever. With different healing techniques, guests can create their own spa journey, choosing from the diverse portfolio the wellness professionals offer.
For children and families, the Planet Trekkers team has put together quite a selection of exciting as well as creative and educational experiences. Kids and their families will have ample opportunities to create memories and spend meaningful days together, from the overwater to the beach to the sky.
This year’s festive season is welcoming guests to a Secret Garden, and to enter their curated, personal paradise, where they get to wander through the maze of tropical beauty that is the enchanting island and discover hidden pleasures like a Secret Pop-Up Bar.
Rates start from USD 2585++ per night in a Water Pool Villa including breakfast for two in December 2022. Compulsory Festive Gala Dinners on 24 and 31 December 2022 will be applicable to all guests. For more information, please visit www.maldives.intercontinental.com or contact the resort directly at ihg.com
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort
Best Experience for: Water Villas, couples, Families, groups, Beaches, Diving
InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau is the first InterContinental Resort in the Maldives and one of the most exclusive InterContinental hotels in the world, welcomed its first guests in september 2019. The five-star resort boasts a strong team of distinguished professionals to deliver an exceptional luxury service.
Located in the secluded Raa atoll, and spread over a private island with lush tropical greenery, InterContinental Maldives Maamanugau has 81 Villas and Residences designed to seamlessly blend with the breath-taking natural environment with a unique emphasis on sustainability and wellness. Nestled close to the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, prepare to be amazed by the myriad of marine life in the island's lagoon including The Hanifaru Bay that is home to manta ray sanctuary. Unique and tempting dining experiences where culinary artistry is complemented by endless views of the Indian Ocean, will be found at each of the six restaurants and bars. The luxurious resort promises delights of all kinds, with detailed interiors, chic vibes and moments to cherish including exclusive and personalised butler services as well as many aqua and thrilling adventures.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More