10 Questions: An insight into COCO Bodu Hithi with the GM, Mario Stanic
Maldives Hotels and Travel Guide
11 January, 2023
With over 30 years of experience in the industry, Mario Stanic has worked his way up from Assistant Food & Beverage Manager at Park Hyatt Canberra in his native Australia all the way up to Cluster General Manager within the Louvre International Hotel Group.
Mario first joined us as the Group General Manager of our parent company Sunland Hotels in 2007, before moving to the John Keels Group in Sri Lanka in 2011. As Head of Operations New Projects and Cluster General Manager, Mario went on to become the General Manager of the Radisson Blu at Dubrovnik Sun Gardens in Croatia, winning the property “Best Resort Europe” in the 2012/2013 World Luxury Hotel Awards.
We’re so excited to welcome Mario back to the Coco Family. With his experience and achievements leading operations in internationally renowned properties, Mario is leading his team to elevate the overall guest experience at Coco Bodu Hithi.
So come on, let’s take a dip into the current events with Mario.
1. What does a typical day look like for you at Coco Bodu Hithi?
My days can actually be quite unpredictable. It normally starts off by reading my daily emails at the office by 8.30am and setting up a quick brief with my team. Afterwards during lunch, I walk through the restaurant and bar area and chat with guests before the afternoon meeting with my Heads of Department. On Fridays I’ll get ready for the GM’s Cocktail Party at 6.30pm and then oversee the Maldivian show on the Latitude deck at 8.45pm.
2. What do you love most about working at Coco Bodu Hithi?
I love being surrounded by nature and the ocean as part of a team where I can contribute to the success of the resort, the company, and the team.
3. Which of the specialty restaurants would you recommend at the resort?
I really love Stars for its ambience, they have a great Mediterranean menu set over the ocean with a fantastic view.
4. We heard that there are new Coco Signature dishes on the menu! Which would you say is your favourite?
We have a few new signature dishes such as our Coco Burger, Coco Cheesecake, and my favourite is the poached Salmon in a champagne sauce available exclusively at Stars.
5. We’ve just said goodbye to the festive season (for now!) What was your favourite guest experience from last year’s festivities?
We had a great programme last year, full of wonderful food and games for all the family. But I believe the Zumba dance classes around sunset at Yoga Pavilion took home the crown with its stunning ocean view.
6. Looking back at your times with Coco Bodu Hithi, what would you say you love the most about the island?
I love the tranquillity of the island, the lush gardens surrounded by vast marine life, along with the excellent team and freedom to grow the island service and product.
7. Tell us about a memorable guest experience from your time on the island?
The thing that brings me the most joy is when I receive excellent feedback regarding our associates, who are often praised for being humble, polite, professional and they go out of their way to ensure that guests have a worthwhile experience.
8. The new Overwater Hammocks at the Escape Water Villas sound marvellous. Tell us more about it!
The hammocks not only enhance the Escape Water Villa experience visually, but they also create a relaxing and comfortable new space for our guests to lounge on.
9. How does Coco Bodu Hithi keep the little ones entertained?
Back in December, we launched our Kids’ Club with games, movies, and indoor and out of doors activities to keep the little ones entertained together with weekly special events like Little Chef.
10. And finally; everyone loves to do something special on the weekends. Are there any exciting activities at Coco Bodu Hithi during the weekends that you think everyone must try out?
I can always suggest snorkelling along our house reef to see turtles, or jet skiing over to the nearest sandbank for a swim and a picnic. Don’t forget to try our “Movie under the Stars” and weekend Beach BBQ every Saturday.
Look out for our Coco Bodu Hithi Resort packages & offers - we hope they get you here sooner and allow you to stay with us longer.
Recent Posts 20.05.2023
- Where was 'Love in the Maldives' filmed? Cast & Locations
- ELE|NA celebrates Sustainable Spa Association award
- Fari Islands marks Second-Year Anniversary with sustainability initiatives Celebrations
- Holiday Inn Maldives and Parley for the Oceans to partner on save the ocean
- A long Weekend on the Horizon? Plot Your Water Escape at Hideaway Beach Resort
- Unparalleled Luxury where perfection meets the sea: Hilton Maldives Amingiri Resort
- Corinthia set for Maldives entry with opening luxury hotel
- Latest News from Vilamendhoo Island, May 2023
- This Summer Kids Stay and Eat Free at OUTRIGGER Maldives
- Why Book Direct with Hideaway Beach Resort
- Reethi Beach Resort celebrates Culinary Awards at FHAM 2023
- SHe Travel Club recognizes Cora Cora Maldives resort with Gold Status
- Brennia Kottefaru Maldives resort opens new Wine Cellar
- 10 Maldives resorts to Add to Your 2023 Travel Bucket list
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Coco Collection runs two islands — Coco Bodu Hithi and Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu that make up the Coco Collection brand.
Luxurious and contemporary, with superb private pool villas and an idyllic overwater spa - Coco Bodu Hithi, the flagship property in Coco Collection’s portfolio, is a chic retreat where you reconnect with yourself, your loved ones and the wonder of the natural world. Translating island life into contemporary sophistication, the resort, which is accessible by a 40-minute speedboat ride from the main Velana International Airport, offers 100 villas that are surrounded by the calm view of the lagoon and the soothing sound of the waves. There are seven chic restaurants, two open air cocktail bars, extensive thatched overwater Coco Spa and a fitness center (with ocean views!). An uncrowded infinity swimming pool and a large selection of activities, including scuba diving and snorkeling in the lagoon. Despite all these facilities, guests - especially at night - tend to seek privacy in a private getaway, possibly with a bottle from Wine Loft.Read More
Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu is a quiet place in the Maldives where you will find luxury, beauty and privacy at reasonable prices. The resort very well takes care of its environment and creates guests all for a 5-star beach experience in tropical paradise. Dhuni Kolhu is ahead of other hotels in its category by quality, design and amenities. This is a top class, but a simple, laid-back package of key Maldives elements - diving, snorkeling, beach, island and accommodation. Half a mile from tip to tip, a private island of medium size is populated with 98 villas. Snorkeling and scuba diving is awesome amd the guests can freely walk between two restaurants, SPA and sports grounds, using shady paths entwining the lush jungle. The removal of the island takes 30 minutes by seaplane from Male airport. Snorkeling and scuba diving is awesome and the resort offers a number of fun tours, but there is no pool on the island.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
Newest Maldives resorts to Explore in 2023
Here are just 10 of the amazing new resorts in the Maldives that are set to welcome guests Read More
10 Most Affordable Water Villas
While it may never be cheap to visit thу Maldives, fortunately there are still some chic and relatively affordable overwater villas you can stay. Read more
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More
Maldives Diving Guide
The life of these paradise islands below the Indian Ocean's level is the main draw attracting thousands of divers Read More