Kandima Maldives awards Man of the Match to Liverpool FC’s Joe Gomez
Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
28 November, 2022
Liverpool defender Joe Gomez is supposed to be relaxing on holiday while his team-mates toil at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar but he couldn’t resist pulling on his boots to take part in an unusual friendly this week.
The 25-year-old jetted off to Kandima Maldives resort during the current break in the Premier League season but ended up playing with fellow holiday makers in an impromptu match.
The Kandima Maldives resort features a football pitch nestled beside the Indian Ocean and that proved too much to resist for Gomez.
Known for its active, lifestyle experiences, Kandima’s guests were treated to a very special football match on their dedicated football pitch in the Indian Ocean.
Liverpool FC defender, Joe Gomez commented: “It’s not often you go on holiday to somewhere as amazing and remote as the Maldives (and they have their own football pitch)! We had a fantastic stay at Kandima, and as well as being a great place to relax there are endless activities and experiences to enjoy! Being able to take part in a fun football match with the guests and staff at the resort, was a real highlight of the week for me!”
Jean-Louis Ripoche, Kandima’s General Manager comments, “It was a wonderful moment for our guests to enjoy this rare opportunity to play with football star Joe Gomez on our very own football field. It was very generous of Joe to give up his time to play a game with our guests and the Kandima team. We hope to welcome him back again in the near future.”
As well as Joe Gomez and his family, Kandima has welcomed a hat trick of European footballers in 2022. Italian football superstars, Davide Calabria (AC Milan) and Patrick Cutrone (Club Empoli / Wolverhampton Wanderers) stayed at the island resort in early 2022, as well as the Spanish footballer, Alex Centelles.
Gomez’s football career began at just 13 years old when his potential was recognised by the U18 team at Charlton Athletic. He progressed rapidly through the club’s academy and was rewarded with caps for England at U16, U17 and U19 before joining Liverpool FC. In 2017 he earned an England cap.
In addition to ample secluded spots to kick back and relax, for guests who like to keep fit whilst on holiday, Kandima boasts state-of-the-art fitness facilities. These include a BURN Fitness Centre with its own private swimming pool, a fitness pavilion, tennis, badminton, and beach volleyball courts, and one of the longest swimming pools in the Maldives – Breeze Pool, plus a stunning three-km long beach perfect for morning runs.
Your favourite deals are back - but they'll be gone again in a flash! Grab the best Black Friday offer in Maldives at Kandima. Enjoy up to 60% off with a variety of other book direct benefits. Don't miss out on these extra special savings! Hurry Up! Book Dates: 24th to 30th November 2022; Rates from USD 224!
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience for: Couples, Family, Activities, Beach, Nightlife, Value
Kandima is a "new look" of the Maldives combining wild parties in the beach club, extensive dining options and even a chance to see the dolphin from the bathroom. It's about genuine hospitality with a human face and clever solutions that use the latest innovations, not to mention the playful spirit of a private island. Kandima was a late-comer to the Maldivian tourist market and is markedly different to the classic honeymooner resorts. It's aimed at sports-loving, party-going groups as well as couples and active families, and has a range of accommodation options, from affordable studios to luxury pool villas.
Located on a lush tropical island in Dhaalu Atoll is just a 30-minute flight from Velana International Airport, Kandima offers a choice of 266 stylishly designed studios and villas, with 11 different categories to choose from. The four-star plus resort has first class facilities, boasting the largest pool in the Maldives, tennis courts, an art studio, a marine biology school, a kids club, a game room, a library, a gym, a yoga studio and a spa.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More