Kandima Maldives Announces ‘School of Rock’ Festive Extravaganza
Best Family Resorts in Maldives
11 November, 2019
Kandima Maldives has announced a fist pumping ‘School of Rock’ programme for the upcoming Christmas and New Year celebrations, taking guests back to the legendary era of rock ‘n’ roll with live performances from live groups and DJs.
Mix pleasure and fitness with Beer Yoga sessions, get wet and wild with pool parties or enjoy a movie on the beach under the stars with your loved ones.
However you like your festival holidays, there will be something at Kandima to suit your tastes.
This year’s festive programme includes:
- Music from the high-octane British band, Chart Attack.
- Christmas tree lighting ceremony on December 22. After dinner, live music from Maldivian band The Kabans.
- A special Christmas Eve buffet at Flavour & Zest.
- Get creative with the Rocktail making camp and create those special mixes.
- Get your Rock groove on with unique different types of inking at the Tattoo Parlour. DO not worry, these are all temporary!
- Santa arrival on Christmas Day to hand out festive snacks to the little VIPs.
- Diving with Santa.
- A KULA art festival on December 28, where 20 local artists encourage guests to find their inner Picasso. There will also be a KULA colour fun run.
- KandimaRocks party on December 31 kicks, as both Zest and Flavour restaurants offer scrumptious all-you-can-eat buffet for dinner followed after party on the beach with Chart Attack and DJ Akram. What better way to end the year! The evening ends with an awesome firework display over the tropical lagoon.
- On January 1, a lavish Hangover Breakfast awaits all guests at Zest and Flavour restaurants, which will be followed by an awesome brunch taking place until 2.30pm.
- On January 6, an Orthodox Christmas Eve Barefoot BBQ on the beach.
- Download Festive Brochure
Watch Kandima New Year Video from last year
Recent Post 05.07.2020
- The Maldives to Reopen on July 15 with No Restrictions
- Coronavirus Air Travel (Updated)
- The Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule
- The Maldives not exempted from UK Travel Advisory List
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives celebrates 1st anniversary, to reopen on Aug
- Joali Maldives to Reopen on Aug 1 with Private Island Buyout Offer
- Award-winning UK photographer Matt Porteous becomes first Soneva Namoona Guardian
- LUX* South Ari Atoll to Re-open on 1 August with a Treasure Hunt Countdown and a special offer
- Hotels and Guesthouses in Greater Malé area to Reopen for Transits
- Vakkaru Maldives recognised among Favorite Spa Hotel, Favorite Family Hotel
- 10 Best Maldives Resorts for post-Coronavirus Holiday
- The 10 Reasons to Regenerate Yourself at Seaside Finolhu
- 10 Best Overwater Residences In The Maldives
- Top Spring Summer 2020 Swimwear Trends
- 10 Best Beach Residences In The Maldives
- 10 Best Family Water Pool Villas in Maldives
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Best Experience: Family, Activities, Beach, Nightlife, Value
Kandima is a "new look" of the Maldives combining wild parties in the beach club, extensive dining options and even a chance to see the dolphin from the bathroom. It's about genuine hospitality with a human face and clever solutions that use the latest innovations, not to mention the playful spirit of a private island. Kandima was a late-comer to the Maldivian tourist market and is markedly different to the classic honeymooner resorts. It's aimed at sports-loving, party-going groups as well as couples and active families, and has a range of accommodation options, from affordable studios to luxury pool villas.
Located on a lush tropical island in Dhaalu Atoll is just a 30-minute flight from Velana International Airport, Kandima offers a choice of 266 stylishly designed studios and villas, with 11 different categories to choose from. The four-star plus resort has first class facilities, boasting the largest pool in the Maldives, tennis courts, an art studio, a marine biology school, a kids club, a game room, a library, a gym, a yoga studio and a spa. Read Full Review
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More