Kandima Maldives Launches K’ OnGuard Programme
Best Family Resorts in The Maldives
24 June, 2020
Kandima Maldives has introduced a new programme for health and safety as it prepares to begin welcoming guests again in September.
Kandima strives to give its guests the coolest and safest holiday one could ever imagine.
The resort has enhanced its health and safety standards in line with the latest medical advice from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and mandates from the Maldives Health Protection Authority (HPA) to ensure that all of its guests have an enjoyable, safe and healthy stay.
Named K’ OnGuard, this programme provides an additional layer of safeguards to give you complete peace of mind during your stay at the resort.
K’ OnGuard is run by Kandima’s internationally trained health and safety manager who together with the inspection team will ensure that every procedure is in place to protect guests and staff.
The additional procedures encompass the safety and wellbeing requirements across all points of contact, including transfers, public areas, restaurants and kitchens, bars, guest rooms, activities, the spa and fitness centres, and all back of house operations.
All guests will have their temperatures taken when they arrive and at regular intervals during their stay.
All guest rooms will undergo enhanced cleaning protocols with hospital grade disinfectants, UV-C and aerosol sprays. This will include a deep cleaning and sterilisation of the frequently touched items in the room, including all surfaces, light switches, door handles, TV remotes and thermostats. The air-conditioning system and carpeting will be sanitised before each new arrival. All room keys will be individually sanitised before being handed to guests. Rooms will be sealed after cleaning for 24 hours prior to the next guest’s arrival.
Highly frequented areas of the resorts will be inspected and cleaned three times a day.
Hand sanitisers will be available for guests in all public areas.
Guests will be encouraged to practise social distancing and seating will be reduced in our restaurants, bars and at the pools and on beaches. Menus will be available digitally on the Kandima app or via QR code on your personal devices.
Guests will be able to choose a contactless check-in using the Kandima app and contact staff at any time through its “Live Chat” feature. This app also allows guests to check menus, order room service and book resort activities, thus minimising contact between guests and staff.
All staff will undergo twice daily temperature screening and will regularly wash and sanitise their hands. All staff returning from vacation will be thoroughly monitored prior to being allowed into guest areas.
All guest transport vehicles to be fully sanitised after every use. Guest buggies and speed boats will carry hand sanitisers for guests.
Kandima’s state of the art in-house medical clinic with European doctors are on standby to provide round the clock medical assistance. The resort has set aside some guest rooms where guests may be isolated under medical supervision if necessary.
“We want to ensure that we leave no shells unturned as we prepare to welcome guests to our island paradise the Kandima way! As a perfect #yourkindofplace, we are ready to Kandimise you to the friendliest, cleanest and, most importantly, a safe environment,” an announcement read.
“Welcoming you yet again from September 1st ‘2020 onwards!”
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Best Experience: Family, Activities, Beach, Nightlife, Value
Kandima is a "new look" of the Maldives combining wild parties in the beach club, extensive dining options and even a chance to see the dolphin from the bathroom. It's about genuine hospitality with a human face and clever solutions that use the latest innovations, not to mention the playful spirit of a private island. Kandima was a late-comer to the Maldivian tourist market and is markedly different to the classic honeymooner resorts. It's aimed at sports-loving, party-going groups as well as couples and active families, and has a range of accommodation options, from affordable studios to luxury pool villas.
Located on a lush tropical island in Dhaalu Atoll is just a 30-minute flight from Velana International Airport, Kandima offers a choice of 266 stylishly designed studios and villas, with 11 different categories to choose from. The four-star plus resort has first class facilities, boasting the largest pool in the Maldives, tennis courts, an art studio, a marine biology school, a kids club, a game room, a library, a gym, a yoga studio and a spa. Read Full Review
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More