Scuba Diving Experience at Komandoo: a Typical itinerary
Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
25 Jan, 2021
The Prodivers' team at Komandoo Maldives will take care of all your diving needs even before you set foot on the beautiful island.
Just pack your PADI certification card and logbook; use the time while you wait at the airport to complete your diver registration online – all you’ll need to do at the resort is pop into the dive center, sign the paperwork and then it’s adventures all the way.
An example the things to do to look forward to:
– Orientation – Get familiar with the activities available, get comfortable with your gear and enjoy a guided tour of our amazing house reef.
– Afternoon Boat Dive – Visit a pretty underwater island full of life where schooling bannerfish, snappers, oriental sweetlips, octopus and moray eels can be found.
– 2 Tank dive boat – depart after breakfast and return for lunch with two incredible dives under your belt. The first stop could be Fushivaru Thila where mantas go to get cleaned or, with the right currents, cross Fushivaru Kandu in search of sharks. After a surface interval on the boat where you can look for dolphins, enjoy a second dive site before returning to Komandoo.
– Sunset Dive– a serene time of day to dive, watch as the daytime inhabitants find their hiding places for sleeping before the nocturnal creatures take over. This is a great time to watch hunting activity along the reef.
– Early Morning Dive – depart before sunrise and see the reef inhabitants awaken and the reef itself come alive with colour as the sun lights up the ocean.
– Scooter Intro – one of the most thrilling things you can do underwater; learn to zoom around the reef and make light work of the currents.
– Afternoon Boat Dive – Visit the Maldives’ largest green sea turtle community at Kuredu Caves, you’ll be forgiven for thinking you’re at a turtle airport with numerous turtles taking off and landing in the overhangs of the reef.
– Scooter Channel Crossing – use your newly acquired skills while crossing one of our channels with ease – with the right conditions you will be treated to a spectacular display by squadrons of eagle rays and numerous sharks, this will be a dive you’ll never forget!
– Night Dive – Experience the reef by torchlight and see the vibrant colours not visible during daylight hours. Lobsters, sleepy turtles, hunting morays and octopus make for fascinating watching. Before the end of your dive, turn off your torch, wave your arm around and watch the magical light show of the phosphorescent plankton glowing like stars in the water.
– Noon Atoll Trip – Explore further afield with a dive excursion to neighboring Noon Atoll, enjoy sunrise on the boat, spotting dolphins, visit the iconic Christmas Rock plus another stunning site. The perfect finale to an incredible trip. This activity is subject to conditions and demand.
The above is just an example of what your dive trip could look like but the team at Prodivers can tailor your adventures to suit your diving dreams. Contact Prodivers for information on their whole range of activities and if you’re not a diver yet, become one at Komandoo!
To help make your dream diving trip a reality check our current special offers.
Recent Posts 00.05.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- These Maldives resorts offers free PCR test
- Le Méridien Maldives Resort debuts in Paradise this Summer
- The Maldives have been added to UK's red list countries
- Take Your Vacation to the Next Level with Amilla Maldives
- St. Regis Maldives appoints Pedro Samper as Executive Chef
- The Nautilus Maldives launches its first ever Holistic Spa Month
- Sheraton Maldives Introduces USD 130,000 Exclusive Island Takeover
- Mother’s Day Weekend at Vilamendhoo Island Resort
- 5 Ways to Enjoy Honeymoon at Maafushivaru Maldives
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives partners with Bamford brand
- Cora Cora Maldives Appoints Umberto Piccolini as Culinary Director
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands announces LEGENDARY DEBUT offer
- Marriott Bonvoy celebrates Healthcare Heroes with special rates
- The Maldives resorts still welcomes Indian travelers!
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen vacations in the Maldives
- Spend a romantic weekend at Baros Maldives
- The Most Romantic Bed and Breakfasts in the Maldives
- Why Milaidhoo Island is one of the Maldives' Hidden Gems
- 10 of our Favorite reasons to escape to Kuramathi Maldives
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Crown & Champa Resorts
Each of the Crown & Champa Resorts is its private island paradise with sparkling lagoons, swaying palm trees and natural sandy beaches. With international tourism in the Maldives celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2015, this group of 4 to 4½ Star Resorts has earned an excellent reputation. While the Resorts have proudly been operating for many years, they have maintained their competitiveness through constant renovation and upgrades to maintain the highest international standards.
Crown & Champa Resorts diverse collection of resorts include Hurawalhi Maldives, Kudadoo Maldives Private Island by Hurawalhi, Innahura Maldives Resort, Komandoo Maldives, Veligandu Island Resort & Spa, Kuredu Resort Maldives, Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, Meeru Island Resort & Spa, and one city hotel, Champa Central Hotel. Each resort offers guests an unforgettable experience and memorable moments, with beautiful sandy beaches, turquoise waters, beach dining options, water activates, dive centres and snorkelling in one of the most picturesque destinations in the world. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More