Kuda Villingili Resort Maldives launches the Green Globe Sustainability Initiative
Best Eco Friendly Hotels in Maldives
05 February, 2022
Kuda Villingili Resort Maldives launched their Green Globe Sustainability Initiative in style on 3rd February 2022.
The event was held to affirm the resort's commitment to sustainable tourism. Mr. Xu Jing, current Vice Chairman of Global Tourism Economy Research Centre, and Former Regional Director for Asia and the Pacific of UNWTO, inaugurated the event as Chief Guest. Mr. Faisal Naseem, Vice President of the Maldives, Dr. Abdulla Mausoom, Minister of Tourism, and Dr. P. Mohamed Ali, Chairman of Kuda Villingili Resort Maldives graced as guests of honour.
The event took place at The Hawkers, where the Honourable guests planted native trees of the Maldives, connecting with the nature and increasing our ecological footprint. This activity is just a small step of the pledge the resort has undertaken towards long-term sustainability and preserving the ecosystem for future generations.
Mr. Xu Jing, who started his friendship with Maldivians in 1995 during his tenure in the UNWTO as Regional Director for Asia and the Pacific, expressed his sincere congratulations for the launch of this event. He voiced, "With the launch of this Green Globe Initiative, we mark another journey, not only for economic success but also for the social benefits of the people of the Maldives."
Vice President of the Maldives, Mr. Faisal Naseem, warmly thanked all the staff working in the tourism industry for its success. He conveyed his belief that the reason behind this is everyone working together as one. “In an ever-changing world that faces substantial climate change every day, it becomes essential to have better strategies for sustainable tourism and a sustainable environment. Everything we do every day must contribute to the protection of our environment," he advised.
Dr. Abdulla Mausoom, Minister of Tourism, concurred, "Following the global outcry about global warming, President Ibrahim Solih has set our Net-Zero target for 2030. I am sure tourism will be a major player there."
About resort: Located a mere 30-minute comfortable speedboat ride away from the Velana International Airport, Kuda Villingili Maldives embraces cultural diversity by designing its 59 beach villas and 36 water villas in an Asian eclectic style, further enriched by the local arts and fabrics. The open-plan spacious villas and Suite offer 180-degree view of the vast Indian Ocean, positioned both on the sunrise and sunset side of the island.
The resort developed its food & beverage concept to offer guests a unique gourmet journey. From The Restaurant that serves as a breakfast venue which converts to three dining venues in the evening, to The Hawkers, which presents three restaurants catering to distinct specialty cuisines. All the restaurants at the resort provide an experience one should not miss. Spice entices guests with Indian-Arabic dishes, while East offers Oriental-Thai, and Med brings an Italian-Mediterranean touch. Mar-Umi has primarily been a favourite of the guests, serving South American cuisine during lunch and mouth-watering Japanese-Peruvian dishes in the evening.
Spend time with loved ones, make up for lost time, strengthen friendships, or form new ones ー whether guests are travelling as a couple, family, group of friends, or alone, Kuda Villingili is a slice of paradise where everyone is welcome.Check Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 21.01.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- New Year, New Scene: Here’s Where to Stay in January in Maldives
- BOOK DIRECT - Best Rate Guaranteed with COLOURS of OBLU resorts collection
- Week in Review: Riverside Adds Crystal Ships, Orient Express' Yacht
- Find the Most Exotic New Spot for Diving in 2023
- Valentine's Day celebration at Oaga Art Resort
- Stats: 69% of Travelers Actively Seeking Sustainable Travel Options
- Things to Do for Couples at Vakkaru Maldives this February
- Minor Hotels names Michael Parker as GM of three Maldives resorts
- Hanimaadhoo International Airport Expansion Project launched
- Discover a Sanctuary for the Serene Wonders: Madifushi Private Island Officially opens
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives announces New Beach Villa for Group vacation
- Viking Releases Details of New 2024-25 World Cruises
- 10 reasons to be in Bangkok next month
- Plan a Stress-Free Romantic Escape: Feel the Tropical Romance at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Healthy Eating: Lantern Bar at Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives resort
- Share the Love this Valentine’s Day at Amilla Maldives
- Winter Cocktails that will Get You Feeling Festive: recipes from Coco Bodu Hithi
- Still Dreaming? Awaken to 2023 with Huvafen Fushi!
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches direct Transfers from Hulhumale
- 5 Eco-Tourism Experiences in the Maldives
- Total Escape: Bhutan Like Never Before with COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More