Kurumba Maldives resort receives President’s Tourism Gold Award
Best Cheap Resorts near Male
08 October, 2022
One of the most affordable resorts near Male, Kurumba Maldives is the proud recipient of the President’s Tourism Gold Award, for the Outstanding Contributions to the Development of Tourism in the Maldives.
This award was presented to the resort by President Ibrahim Solih, at the Golden Year Gala Evening, which took place on October 3rd, at Kurumba Maldives.
This evening marked the culmination of a week of festivities, organised by the Ministry of Tourism, in order to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of tourism in the Maldives.
Kurumba Maldives as well celebrated its 50th anniversary on this same day, and as the country’s very first resort, this iconic resort is honoured to receive this special recognition and looks forward to continuing to set the benchmark for heartfelt hospitality in the region.
Situated in the North Malé Atoll, merely 10 minutes speedboat from both the capital and Malé International Airport, Kurumba is a 5-star resort that peerlessly blends the heritage of the Maldives with contemporary luxuries.
On arrival, mere minutes from the airport, guests are greeted with the staples the Maldives are renowned for, a tropical sanctuary of powder soft sands and the azure waters of the Indian Ocean; but it’s the charm of Kurumba that sets this island apart from others.
An idyllic home away from home for both couples and families, Kurumba’s pathways through lush foliage and stunning gardens of frangipani, hibiscus and bougainvillea lead to a myriad of private villas steps from the shoreline.
Plan an amazing escape to Kurumba Maldives to experience Maldives in full Colors.
Benefits & Inclusions:
- Your choice of accommodation.
- High-speed Wi-Fi Internet access
- Early check-in subject to availability on arrival
- 30mins photography services with one printed photo
- Complimentary Snorkeling equipment
Recent Posts 21.01.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- New Year, New Scene: Here’s Where to Stay in January in Maldives
- BOOK DIRECT - Best Rate Guaranteed with COLOURS of OBLU resorts collection
- Week in Review: Riverside Adds Crystal Ships, Orient Express' Yacht
- Find the Most Exotic New Spot for Diving in 2023
- Valentine's Day celebration at Oaga Art Resort
- Stats: 69% of Travelers Actively Seeking Sustainable Travel Options
- Things to Do for Couples at Vakkaru Maldives this February
- Minor Hotels names Michael Parker as GM of three Maldives resorts
- Hanimaadhoo International Airport Expansion Project launched
- Discover a Sanctuary for the Serene Wonders: Madifushi Private Island Officially opens
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives announces New Beach Villa for Group vacation
- Viking Releases Details of New 2024-25 World Cruises
- 10 reasons to be in Bangkok next month
- Plan a Stress-Free Romantic Escape: Feel the Tropical Romance at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Healthy Eating: Lantern Bar at Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives resort
- Share the Love this Valentine’s Day at Amilla Maldives
- Winter Cocktails that will Get You Feeling Festive: recipes from Coco Bodu Hithi
- Still Dreaming? Awaken to 2023 with Huvafen Fushi!
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches direct Transfers from Hulhumale
- 5 Eco-Tourism Experiences in the Maldives
- Total Escape: Bhutan Like Never Before with COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience: Family, Couples, Dining, Diving, Spa, activities
Kurumba Maldives remains a central place in the amazing history of tourism in Maldives. It was the very first resort that opened in 1972. Today Kurumba Maldives can offer 180 modern rooms, including a royal residence, presidential suites, villas with pools, and only 10 minutes by speedboat from Male airport. Kurumba has become a luxury resort of the top category in the Maldives, defining the benchmark of the tourism industry in the region and the tropics in general. In the fall of 2017 Kurumba marked its 45th anniversary on the tourism scene of the Maldives.Read Full Review
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More