Kurumba Maldives boosts Sustainability innovation with People4Ocean products
Best Affordable resorts near Male
27 August, 2022
One of the best cheap resorts near Male, Kurumba Maldives has added global leading non-water-polluting sunscreen brand People4Ocean into its spa and guest offering.
People4Ocean, a leading voice in the industry fighting the issue of toxic creams and the damage they are doing to marine habitats, says it welcomes the partnership with Kurumba to offer its guests a chance to try the brand’s products and make a choice to fully protect the sea life of the Maldives during their stay at the resort.
P4O Sun Care was an Australian brand launched in 2018. The entire range excludes water polluting elements, contains reef-ocean safe formulas, comes in low carbon packaging made from 100% recyclable sugarcane PEbioplastic, and avoids single-use packaging. Using plant-based and local ingredients, the brand is suitable for vegetarians and offers 100% plant-based products.
“We believe our sun care solutions – and the people that use them – are a driving force towards healthier skin and cleaner oceans”, said the owners of People4Ocean Owners, Louise and Austin Laing.
There is overwhelming evidence, shown now through many studies, that mainstream sunscreens are polluting waterways, entering oceans and affecting aquatic life. Oxybenzone, Octinoxate and Octocrylene are just some of the most commonly used UV-filters in chemical base sunscreen ingredients which are toxic to ocean life, acting as hormone disruptors on marine species and impacting coral reefs.
Systematic analysis has revealed that just 13% of the world’s oceans remain untouched by the damaging impacts of humanity. Furthermore, just 5% of the remaining ocean wilderness is within existing marine protection areas.
'We were astonished by just how little marine wilderness remains,' says Kendall Jones, at the University of Queensland, Australia, and the Wildlife Conservation Society, who led the new research. “The ocean is immense, covering over 70% of our planet, but we’ve managed to significantly impact almost all of this vast ecosystem.”
Kurumba Maldives’ partnership with People4Ocean is part of the resort’s efforts to reduce its impact on the local environment and be 100% sustainable in all its practices.
Plan an amazing escape to Kurumba Maldives to experience Maldives in full Colors.
Benefits & Inclusions:
- Your choice of accommodation.
- High-speed Wi-Fi Internet access
- Early check-in subject to availability on arrival
- 30mins photography services with one printed photo
- Complimentary Snorkeling equipment
Recent Posts 21.01.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- New Year, New Scene: Here’s Where to Stay in January in Maldives
- BOOK DIRECT - Best Rate Guaranteed with COLOURS of OBLU resorts collection
- Week in Review: Riverside Adds Crystal Ships, Orient Express' Yacht
- Find the Most Exotic New Spot for Diving in 2023
- Valentine's Day celebration at Oaga Art Resort
- Stats: 69% of Travelers Actively Seeking Sustainable Travel Options
- Things to Do for Couples at Vakkaru Maldives this February
- Minor Hotels names Michael Parker as GM of three Maldives resorts
- Hanimaadhoo International Airport Expansion Project launched
- Discover a Sanctuary for the Serene Wonders: Madifushi Private Island Officially opens
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives announces New Beach Villa for Group vacation
- Viking Releases Details of New 2024-25 World Cruises
- 10 reasons to be in Bangkok next month
- Plan a Stress-Free Romantic Escape: Feel the Tropical Romance at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Healthy Eating: Lantern Bar at Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives resort
- Share the Love this Valentine’s Day at Amilla Maldives
- Winter Cocktails that will Get You Feeling Festive: recipes from Coco Bodu Hithi
- Still Dreaming? Awaken to 2023 with Huvafen Fushi!
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches direct Transfers from Hulhumale
- 5 Eco-Tourism Experiences in the Maldives
- Total Escape: Bhutan Like Never Before with COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience: Family, Couples, Dining, Diving, Spa, activities
Kurumba Maldives remains a central place in the amazing history of tourism in Maldives. It was the very first resort that opened in 1972. Today Kurumba Maldives can offer 180 modern rooms, including a royal residence, presidential suites, villas with pools, and only 10 minutes by speedboat from Male airport. Kurumba has become a luxury resort of the top category in the Maldives, defining the benchmark of the tourism industry in the region and the tropics in general. In the fall of 2017 Kurumba marked its 45th anniversary on the tourism scene of the Maldives.Read Full Review
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More