What's Hot, What's New, What's Fun in Mirihi
Best Romantic Getaways in The Maldives
08 January, 2022
The Maldives is a home to a gorgeous island escape – Mirihi Island Resort where vacation dreams really do come true. The entire Mirihi Team wishes you lots of happiness prosperity and good health for this New Year.
Despite the challenges we faced due to Covid-19, 2021 has been a successful year for us here at Mirihi. While coping with numerous restrictions and several operational hurdles, our Team remained fully committed to the unique personal service we have always delivered to our valuable guests. We managed to provide a safe piece of Paradise where Covid is the last thing we want our guests to think of. Despite the masks we are obliged to wear, everyone of us served with a smile. We made everlasting memories for our guests throughout the year: marriage proposals, weddings, special anniversaries, birthdays and so on. Surprise whale shark sightings on the house reef, huge pods of dolphins right outside the water villas, several dozens of turtle hatchlings emerging through their nests and crawling to the lagoon… were some awe-inspiring moments from 2021. The year 2022 started exceptionally well with sighting of a pod of 20 whale sharks while snorkelling ling and another sighting of 15 whale sharks during a sunset cruise on our yacht Mirihi Thari.
We are dedicated to keeping Mirihi a safe haven for our guests and providing all necessary assistance to deal with the new travel regulations. We continue to provide mandatory PCR testing on the island without any cost to our guests.
As always, the Team has done an incredible job at celebrating Christmas and New Year in Mirihi. It was yet another remarkable team effort and every single member of Mirihi Team took part in the preparations for the festivities. Our artist Dhanushka with carpenters Vinu and Sarath has done magic in transforming Dhonveli Restaurant to match the themes – "Castle at Mirihi" and "Beach Shack" for New Year’s Eve. Every art piece, every painting, every deco item including the ‘Volves Wagen’s Sushi Van’ was made here on the island by our Team. Our exemplary Executive Chef Felix and his Team’s scrumptious cuisine was taken out of this world for both gala dinners. Shane and Team at Dhonveli Restaurant did a wonderful job at preparing for the festivities and delivering the trademark Mirihi service to our guests. Pawan and his Housekeeping Team’s artistic bed decoration was one last, but not least surprise when the guests went to retire for the night. The incredible Tom Weil from Australia kept everyone spellbound by his mind-blowing magics throughout Christmas. And the one and only Sonith from France kept us entertained throughout the festivities with his amazing music.
In another news, we have just ended Mirihi’s annual interdepartmental futsal tournament. After a year’s break due to Covid, the tournament took place in December. Seven teams competed over a period of one week and the Front Office Team were crowned as the Champions after a very competitive match against F&B Team ‘Muraka’.
Christmas & New Year Celebration at Mirihi
We have just ended Mirihi’s annual interdepartmental futsal tournament. After a year’s break due to Covid, the tournament took place in December. Seven teams - Front Office & Diving, Engineering & Gardening, Management, Housekeeping, F&B Service, F&B Kitchen and Marine, competed over a period of one week. Front Office Team were crowned as the Champions after a very competitive match against F&B Service Team ‘Muraka’. We are grateful for the presence of our Chief Guests for the tournament, our former owner Amy Stierli and Maldivian football legend Kuda Moosa.
Did you know?
Mirihi Island Resort, is named after a pretty yellow flower called Mirihi. This uncomplicated and unique flower is found in different corners of the island, especially behind Beach Villas and near the pond at Duniye Spa. Maldivian legend has it, that this humble flower has been used by locals as a medicinal compound said to 'take away the poison'.
Mirihi is the name given to this island by the fishermen from neighbouring islands long before it became the barefoot boutique resort that you know today.
Now that the festive holidays are over, it’s time to plan summer holidays. To get away from the real world and spend your time on a tranquil and blissful patch of paradise, we invite you to book our island before 28th February to receive a 35% early bird discount for stays from May till end of October.Check Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Mirihi Island Resort
Best Experience: for Honeymoon, Beach, Value, Diving, House Reef Snorkelling
Combining modern and traditional elements, the small paradise has been freshly renovated and reopened in December 2014 with a new shine, but still maintaining its unique Maldivian character. Due to its size and limited number of Villas, Mirihi is considered as being one of the smallest islands in the Maldives and offers 37 villas, and has its own and unique style, filled with luxury and comfortable features that you can expect from any large 5 * resort. With one of the best house reefs in the country, snorkeling in Mirihi is an easy necessity. Discover the beauty of marine life with a night dive, or with whale sharks and manta rays trips. At Mirihi, you do not need to be a diver to discover the magic of the Maldives at its best. Mirihi under water is just another world. Read Full Review....
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More