lti Maafushivaru to Reopen on July 1 with New Enhanced Safety Program
Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
13 June, 2020
The Maldives luxury resort lti Maafushivaru will open again on July 1 after a year of renovation.
Renovated and refreshed, but losing none of its tropical island’s charm, lti Maafushivaru is back and ready to reclaim her place in the Maldives luxury scene.
Having joined Europe’s DER Touristik Hotels & Resorts’ lti brand, Maafushivaru is the first long-haul lti hotel to launch in 16 years and will do so across Germany, Switzerland, Austria and the UK. Maafushivaru will be exclusive to DER Touristik’s tour operator brands (DERTOUR, Meiers Weltreisen, ITS Reisen, JAHN Reisen, Kuoni UK and Switzerland as well as Manta Reisen in Switzerland).
The continued health and safety of guests, employees and business partners has been a high priority for the management of lti Maafushivaru.
The resort will be opening with enhanced health and safety guidelines to combat the challenges bought on by the COVID-19 pandemic. These enhanced guidelines will be implemented strictly throughout the resort in addition to the resorts current existing extensive cleaning protocols.
The resort will be following an extensive guide of protocols set by the lti brand as well as government-recommended protocols to ensure compliance with the Maldives Safe Tourism regulations.
Highlights of the newly implemented protocols include:
- Introduction of a healthcare management team within the resort and thorough hygiene protocols and checks of the resort premises including a routine disinfection process of all resort premises and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Social distancing protocols to be encouraged by all team members and guests
- Implementation of contactless techniques throughout the resort operation including check ins and check outs
- Hand sanitiser deployers to be placed all around the resort and face masks to be available for guests and team members
- New and enhanced food and beverage production and service standards
- Educational seminars for all team members to increase their awareness of Covid-19 and best practices
Recent Posts 29.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Four Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Seaside Finolhu: Playground for Tennis Lovers through Exciting Partnership with LUX Tennis
- Dhigali Maldives to reopen on 1st Dec as Premium All-Inclusive Resort
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
lti Maafushivaru Maldives
Best Experience: Honeymoon, Swimming with Whale Sharks, Diving
A very special place, Maafushivaru is a unique island getaway that epitomizes all that one dreams of when thinking of the Maldives. Located in the pristine South Ari Atoll, Maafushivaru is just a 25-minute seaplane journey from the main Velana International Airport and offers guests the idyllic island experience epitomising all that one dreams of when thinking of the Maldives. This is not a fully all-inclusive resort, and a truly all-inclusive package is fairly standard, but a vote gives you an idea of how good this hotel has become in recent years. All thatch-roofed 81 villas inspired by local architecture are either set amidst verdant gardens or poised over the turquoise lagoon and have an exquisite design, an espresso coffee maker, a mini bar, a private terrace, an outdoor shower, an iPod docking station, and comfortable double beds; some rooms have semi-private pools.
A new dining option, Half Board Plus, includes breakfast and dinner at the Cuisine Gallery, as well as daily high tea served at the Library Lounge from 3-5pm. It is served alongside a wide range of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages including selected soft drinks, juices, international branded spirits, an extensive cocktail list, draught beer, a selection of bottled wines, specialty coffees and teas, and house mineral water. Other benefits offered in the plan include complimentary snorkelling equipment and non-motorised water sports. Half Board and Dine Around All-Inclusive options are also available. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More