LUX* North Male Atoll Experinces Exclusive Surf Spot
Best Exclusive Resorts in The Maldives
24 August, 2019
LUX* North Male Atoll has introduced The LUX* Break; its very own surf point with ideal conditions for kite and wave surfing.
Whether seeking exclusive kite surfing spots or the perfect mix of waves to ride just minutes from the resort, LUX* North Male Atoll serves it all for avid surfers and beginners alike.
Evgeny (Jackson) Novozheev, kite surfing world record holder for the first to cross The Bering Strait from Russia to Alaska in 2011, as well as four-time Russian national champion of kite freestyle, has given his seal of approval to LUX* North Male Atoll’s various surfing spots.
“The resort is a kite surfer’s paradise with its wind conditions, shallow waters and warm temperatures. The breezier months from May to September offers wind speeds between 11 and 20 knots, complemented by the spacious lagoon as well as the nearby sandbank, which is perfect for kite surfers to take off in any direction. Beginners can also use the sandbank as a playground to learn to manoeuvre the equipment. Overall, the light to medium consistent winds are perfect for kite foiling,” Jackson was quoted in a statement, as saying.
The LUX* Break, just five minutes from the resort, serves up gentle, rolling waves during certain conditions between May and October, exemplary for all levels of experience for riding the waves.
For surfers seeking additional adventures, the resort provides guided excursions to five of the country’s most famous surf spots located 20 to 40 minutes by speedboat.
In collaboration with Best Dives Maldives, the resort offers the highest standards of equipment for rent from PASSION MKIX and VISION MKIX kites to BLISS 39 V5 LTD and PLACEBO V6 M boards, as well as board binding, fins, harnesses and pumps.
For beginners, experienced instructors are on hand for one-on-one instruction. The resort can also organise private speed boat transfers with catered lunch as well as a photographer to capture the exhilarating moments.
Recent Posts 12.06.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- These Maldives resorts offers free PCR test
- Dine Sustainably at Amilla Maldives
- Komandoo Maldives welcomes back Christian Wiedenmann as Executive chef
- 10 Maldives All-Inclusive resorts with Food Worth Traveling for
- InterContinental Maldives crowned as “Best Hotel Architecture, Maldives” at the Asia Pacific Property Awards
- Atmosphere Hotels works up sustainable tourism initiatives
- Rejuvenate Body and Spirit on a Wellness Staycation at Fairmont Maldives
- Sun Siyam Iru Veli celebrates a double win on TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice Awards
- Qatar Airways to Resume Flights to Sharjah, United Arab of Emirates with a Daily Flight
- LUX* South Ari Atoll appoints Patrice Aira as General Manager
- Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru, Angsana Ihuru appoints Kanruethai Roongruang as New General Manager
- Boost Your Well-Being on Vacation at Marriott Bonvoy resorts in Maldives
- Experience Good Travel with debut of The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands
- CROSSROADS Maldives crowned at Asia Pacific Property Awards 2021-22
- Meet the new face of Joali: JOALI BEING, Maldives’ first wellbeing retreat
- Enjoy Family Camp-Cation at Hard Rock Hotel Maldives
- Mövenpick Maldives towards resort for a Sustainable Escape
- LUX* Resorts Collection celebrates Global Wellness Day
- Your Freedom Awaits : Adaaran Prestige Vadoo Last Minute Offer - Save Up to 35%
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
LUX* North Male Atoll
LUX* North Male Atoll, the second resort in the Maldives by Mauritius based hotel group LUX* Resorts, has officially opened on February 1, 2019. LUX * Resorts & Hotels promises to demonstrate the transformation of Olhahali Island with an area of six hectares, into the most innovative luxury resort in the Maldives. Accessible by luxury speedboat or a short 15 minute seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport, this intimate resort is ripe with eye-catching architecture and ocean-inspired interiors.
A visual banquet of nautical shapes and colors, the resort is elegantly decorated by the Singapore design group Miaja, a project that combines superyachts with the energetic spirit of southern beaches. Each of the 67 two-story residences is located either on the beach or above the water, whose guests will enjoy a minimum living area of 350 m2. Whether set on the beach or stilted over the crystal blue lagoon, every penthouse villa takes indoor-outdoor living to a new level of breezy sophistication. Big Green Egg Barbecue, Rooftop Bar, Cinema and SONOS, Yoga Pavilion, Star-lit Jacuzzi and Outdoor Games help create an unforgettable paradise lounge for people who love to enjoy life. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More