Milaidhoo’s Ba’theli by the Reef takes guests on journey through Indian Ocean
Best Gourmet Hotels in The Maldives
10 February, 2022
Milaidhoo Island is a home to the Maldivian gourmet restaurant, Ba’theli by the Reef, now offers a new culinary voyage for its guests, featuring flavours and ingredients from the ancient Spice Route.
Served in a combination of local ‘Sufuraa Mathi’ (family-style) and fine dining plating, the dinner includes delicacies from India, Sri Lanka and the Maldives, enabling guests to explore flavours in the unusual setting of an ancient sailing vessel, a Ba’theli.
Guests of Milaidhoo can experience the only restaurant in the world featuring gourmet dishes of inspired island cuisine from the Maldivian Spice Route, set on a boat in the Milaidhoo lagoon. The crew of chefs are constantly enhancing traditional recipes to create local cuisine for the taste buds of Milaidhoo’s discerning guests. Embracing the culture and history of the Maldives, the Ba’theli by the Reef menu includes distinctive modern interpretations of traditional food, spiced down for the more sensitive palate.
“The idea behind the menu is to have people come together and experience the flavours of the Indian Ocean and the Spice Route in a family-style setting while also enjoying a fine dining experience,” says Executive Sous Chef Nathif. “Guests get to taste various flavours and can exchange their thoughts on a dish with each other during the meal.”
The menu includes Maldivian tuna and octopus, curries, fish and chicken dishes from Sri Lanka and India, prepared in true Maldivian island kitchen style. From starter to dessert, the six-course menu evolves around ingredients found in the Maldives islands and are considered delicacies or comfort food.
Specialty Chef de Partie Ziyan, who has been a member of the Ba’theli kitchen crew for several years, encourages guests to taste as many different dishes as possible during one dinner.
“Sometimes guests are hesitant about what to order from the à la carte menu as they don’t know the dishes and ingredients,” he says. “This menu uniquely takes guests on a voyage of flavours as they have the chance to taste a lot of different dishes.”
The new “Journey through the Indian Ocean” menu is available from February at Ba’theli by the Reef every Monday or upon request. The menu consists of six courses and prices for a couple start from USD 350.
Start writing your Maldives holiday chapter with this special offer with up to 45% off on the best available rate. With a host of complimentary inclusions, this Milaidhoo Story is one of the best Maldives offers that you would ever receive.Check Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 21.01.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- New Year, New Scene: Here’s Where to Stay in January in Maldives
- BOOK DIRECT - Best Rate Guaranteed with COLOURS of OBLU resorts collection
- Week in Review: Riverside Adds Crystal Ships, Orient Express' Yacht
- Find the Most Exotic New Spot for Diving in 2023
- Valentine's Day celebration at Oaga Art Resort
- Stats: 69% of Travelers Actively Seeking Sustainable Travel Options
- Things to Do for Couples at Vakkaru Maldives this February
- Minor Hotels names Michael Parker as GM of three Maldives resorts
- Hanimaadhoo International Airport Expansion Project launched
- Discover a Sanctuary for the Serene Wonders: Madifushi Private Island Officially opens
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives announces New Beach Villa for Group vacation
- Viking Releases Details of New 2024-25 World Cruises
- 10 reasons to be in Bangkok next month
- Plan a Stress-Free Romantic Escape: Feel the Tropical Romance at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Healthy Eating: Lantern Bar at Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives resort
- Share the Love this Valentine’s Day at Amilla Maldives
- Winter Cocktails that will Get You Feeling Festive: recipes from Coco Bodu Hithi
- Still Dreaming? Awaken to 2023 with Huvafen Fushi!
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches direct Transfers from Hulhumale
- 5 Eco-Tourism Experiences in the Maldives
- Total Escape: Bhutan Like Never Before with COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Milaidhoo Island Maldives
Best Experience: honeymoon, beach, diving, swimming with mantas
Intimate and stylish, at Milaidhoo it’s about enjoying the natural environment in understated luxury. Tucked in the heart of a UNESCO biosphere reserve, surrounded by powdery white sands and nestled beside a colourful coral reef, Milaidhoo Maldives is a luxurious natural wonder. Envisage upscale delights with a ‘Reinvented Luxury’ twist, where guests will experience an indulgent escape in the Maldives’s most unique getaway. Committed to offering a unique and authentic Maldivian experience, this new child in the best Baa Atoll hotels collection that making waves with its refreshing contemporary twist on classic Maldivian style. Created for couples and romance only, Milaidhoo welcomes children above the age of 9 years only. What's more, it is only 30 minutes by seaplane from Male or a 15 minute domestic flight followed by a short speedboat ride. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More