Marriott Bonvoy portfolio of resorts in Maldives celebrates International Yoga Day 2021
Best Wellness Retreats in the Maldives
22 June, 2021
International Day of Yoga, proclaimed by the United Nations, has been celebrated around the world since 2015 to raise awareness of the many benefits of practicing yoga.
Highlighting the theme for 2021, Yoga for Well-being, these four resorts from the Marriott Bonvoy Portfolio in the Maldives held various Yoga based activations and initiatives with associates and guests.
All about wellness, The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort, planned a number of activities to celebrate the International Day of Yoga including a strength, flexibility and balance focussed morning Yoga to start the day, a breath work and meditation session to calm the mind and a flow based evening yoga session.
The five-star resort also offers an Eat Well Menu packed with thoughtful options that keep guests fueled and focused on feeling their best and a Plant-based Menu that improves the health of the gut and supports the immune system.
The wellness curator, Gurunatha Lankipalli, quotes on the occasion, “People are keen to keep themselves fit and want to travel far and wide, but little time is given to traveling inside or keeping our inner self in good shape. Yoga is for everyone, young or old, flexible or bed-ridden.”
At JW Marriott Maldives Resort & Spa the event was marked by a special Yoga session at The Spa by JW conducted by their in-house Yogi, Vishnu.
W Maldives, located in North Ari Atoll, lined up sessions for its guests to experience the #DETOXRETOXREPEAT lifestyle from day to night with a Sunrise Yoga session at the AWAY Spa Deck to a Sunset Yoga session to end the day, both paired with detox drinks and some retox specials in the evening.
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa, located in North Male Atoll, also held a yoga session for its guests on the occasion.
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,600 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 133 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company offers Marriott BonvoyTM, its highly‐ awarded travel program. For more information, please visit www.marriott.com .
Recent Posts 03.07.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- SUPER DEAL is back! Save Up to 35% with Eid Eskape at Kandima - Hurry up!
- Hilton Expands Maldives Portfolio with with Debut of Hilton Maldives Amingiri Resort
- Chocoholic? Good Thing There’s Chocolate Scene at Heritance Aarah
- Latest News from Kandima, July 2022
- Sun Island Maldives Resort unveils New Beach villas
- Bulgari Hotels announces Its debut in Maldives in 2025
- Ask Furaveri: What is the SUNsational Summer Vacation?
- Amilla Maldives resort welcomes disabled guests from across the globe
- Maafushivaru Earns ‘Best Luxury Hideaway Resort in Maldives’ Award
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, June
- LUX* South Ari Atoll Welcomes The World’s First Solar-powered Vessel
- 5 Reasons Why Kandolhu Maldives resort is the number One for Romantic Getaway
- Patina Maldives Appoints Antonio Saponara as General Manager
- Carnival Cruise Line to Bring Costa Venezia to the U.S. in 2023
- Indulgent Maldives: Elevate Your Experience at OZEN Reserve Bolifushi
- Pulse Hotels & Resorts expand Maldives Portfolio With new Nova Maldives
- Hilton Maldives Amingiri Resort appoints Gaurav Thakur as General Manager
- Please Don’t Tell: SECRET DEAL OFFER – Extra 10% at Heritance Aarah
- OBLU SELECT Sangeli opens JUSTWOK — an Exciting Pan Asian restaurant
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Marriott Hotels in The Maldives
Marriott International is the third largest hotel chain in the world running 7,003+ hotels in 131 different countries. Nurturing enriching experiences that are authentic, inspiring and comfortable, Marriott's hotels offer unrivaled luxury in the stunning Indian Ocean. The opening of JW Marriott Maldives Resort & Spa became one of their classic luxury brand in the Maldives. It's the fifth Marriott property in the Maldives. Marriott’s brands already present in the Maldives include St. Regis Hotels & Resorts (The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort), W Hotels (W Maldives), Sheraton Hotels & Resorts (Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa), and Westin Hotels & Resorts (The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort) in the Maldives. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More