Marriott Expands off-peak Pricing and Adds Bonus Elite Nights
Best Luxury Hotels in the Maldives
18 June, 2020
As the world begins to reopen — even amid the covid pandemic — you might be planning some luxury hotel stays in the coming weeks, especially if you’ve been cooped up since the spring.
Marriott Bonvoy today announced several sweeping updates to its loyalty program, from pricing changes, to elite night credits, to perks for its top-tier members. Here’s what you need to know.
Expanded off-peak pricing
Beginning today, Marriott will make some temporary updates to its redemption rates. Approximately 5,500 open Marriott Bonvoy hotels are offering off-peak pricing only for award bookings made until June 30.
Travellers interested in booking stays at off-peak pricing must complete those stays before July 31, 2020.
The golf course at St. Regis Bahia Beach (Photo courtesy of the resort)
The golf course at St. Regis Bahia Beach (Photo courtesy of the resort)
According to Marriott, some participating category seven and eight properties are included on this list — meaning that they will be entirely off-peak for stays booked by June 30 for travel through July 31.
Temporary pause to peak rates
During the stay period when the booking window is open, no hotel participating in Marriott Bonvoy will be priced at peak levels, according to the chain. That means even category eight hotels will effectively be capped at no more than 85,000 points through the end of July — as long as you book by June 30.
Given the widespread nature of these new offers, it’s worth checking your existing Marriott award stays to see if the same room is available for fewer points. And if you have any Points Advance reservations for which you haven’t actually redeemed points, now could be a good time to see if the rate has dropped from the one you initially booked.
Extra elite-night credits and perks
Marriott also announced some positive changes for Bonvoy elite members.
Marriott says it will deposit Elite Night Credits into members’ accounts amounting to 50 per cent of the nights required for the status they earned in 2019.
For Marriott Bonvoy credit cardholders, these additional ENCs are on top of the ones awarded from eligible Marriott Bonvoy credit cards you may already hold — which as of earlier this year, allowed personal and business cardholders to earn up to 30 nights.
According to the chain, members will see the added credits in their accounts in late July. Here’s the breakdown:
Even though Marriott has extended elite statuses through February 2022, these boosts could help push you toward a higher tier. So, if you hit Titanium elite through this boost you could earn sweet perks like Five Suite Night Awards or a free night award, worth up to 40,000 points.
Note that this could also help with your progress toward Marriott Lifetime Elite status — both with the number of nights and an additional year of higher status.
Finally, Ambassador Elites who earned status in 2019 and reach 100 ENCs this year will be able to share Platinum Elite status with a friend, family member, or loved one.
Marriott operates six resorts in Maldives.
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Marriott Hotels in The Maldives
Marriott International is the third largest hotel chain in the world running 7,003+ hotels in 131 different countries. Nurturing enriching experiences that are authentic, inspiring and comfortable, Marriott's hotels offer unrivaled luxury in the stunning Indian Ocean. The opening of JW Marriott Maldives Resort & Spa became one of their classic luxury brand in the Maldives. It's the fifth Marriott property in the Maldives. Marriott’s brands already present in the Maldives include St. Regis Hotels & Resorts (The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort), W Hotels (W Maldives), Sheraton Hotels & Resorts (Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa), and Westin Hotels & Resorts (The Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort) in the Maldives. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More