Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
Best Romantic Hotels in The Maldives
18 Nov, 2019
Milaidhoo Island Maldives celebrates this year’s Festive Season with the theme of ‘The Story of Raajje.’
The luxurious boutique resort is rooted in the culture and history of the Maldives, showcasing and embracing the rich heritage from the times of ancient seafarers and fishermen.
Guests can experience new excursions, local traditions and cookery, and explore what life was like in the Dhiveihi Raajje before the Maldives became the picture perfect holiday destination.
After this uncertain and difficult year, the Milaidhoo Family invites guests to enjoy the last few days of 2020 and to relax and unwind where the hustle and hardship of lockdowns is left far behind and the focus instead is on what matters most this season: loved ones and joy. Guests can expect culinary splendor, holistic and meaningful experiences, in a setting of barefoot informality on a blissful island where they can let go and belong.
As a special festive season treat, guests can join a specially curated day trip “Out of Island” excursion, where couples or a small group cruise on ‘Saimaa’ – a traditional Maldivian dhoni – to a local island where exploration and adventure awaits. They will visit the fruit and vegetable plantation ‘Anhenun Fushi’ to discover local produce and enjoy a light lunch on the beach. Guests will also have the chance to snorkel around a deserted island and possibly be accompanied as the dhoni cruises by one of the many dolphin pods in Baa Atoll.
This year’s festive season will be showcasing traditional Maldivian dishes and flavours, dresses and artefacts, and allows guests to experience Maldivian culture and the heritage that is honoured in the architecture and lifestyle of Milaidhoo. Cultural shows, local drinks and food tastings will be part of the festive days as well as culinary splendour from all around the world. Celebration cocktail receptions and dinners will create the festive mood encouraging guests to escape from stress and winter blues in a serene setting under the starry Milaidhoo sky.
Milaidhoo Island Maldives is a pristine island paradise proudly rooted in local island traditions. The boutique luxury resort features 50 contemporary Maldivian style pool villas, custom- made and made for comfort designed by a renowned Maldivian architect. Every guest is assigned an Island Host to help create meaningful experiences and cater to their every need. Activities include over-water spa treatments, sunrise yoga classes and snorkeling excursions to view the incredible house reef.
Dining is a highlight with Milaidhoo being home to three world-class restaurants, including Ba’theli. This unique Maldivian restaurant reflects the heritage of the islands and is built in the shape of three traditional boats on pillars over the lagoon. The restaurant’s innovative and delicious meals are steeped in Maldivian tradition, with each dish inspired by favourites of the ancient maritime Spice Route.
Milaidhoo is the authentic Maldives, a resort of reinvented luxury, where guests feel they belong, experiencing barefoot informality within the natural and lush setting of a tropical island. As an adult only resort, Milaidhoo is known for its romance and destination dining offerings – any dream can become a reality, from sunset dolphin cruises to sailing to a deserted sandbank for a private beach picnic.
HOW: Rates over Festive Season 2020/2021 start from USD 2777 per night, per person in a Water Pool Villa. Milaidhoo can be easily reached via a 30-minute seaplane from Male’s international airport or a 25-minutes domestic flight to Dharavandhoo airport in Baa Atoll, followed by a 15-minutes speedboat transfer to Milaidhoo. For more information and bookings please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.milaidhoo.com
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Milaidhoo Island Maldives
Best Experience: honeymoon, beach, diving, swimming with mantas
Intimate and stylish, at Milaidhoo it’s about enjoying the natural environment in understated luxury. Tucked in the heart of a UNESCO biosphere reserve, surrounded by powdery white sands and nestled beside a colourful coral reef, Milaidhoo Maldives is a luxurious natural wonder. Envisage upscale delights with a ‘Reinvented Luxury’ twist, where guests will experience an indulgent escape in the Maldives’s most unique getaway. Committed to offering a unique and authentic Maldivian experience, this new child in the best Baa Atoll hotels collection that making waves with its refreshing contemporary twist on classic Maldivian style. Created for couples and romance only, Milaidhoo welcomes children above the age of 9 years only. What's more, it is only 30 minutes by seaplane from Male or a 15 minute domestic flight followed by a short speedboat ride. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More