Milaidhoo Island Maldives introduces collaborative contemporary art project with Alena Lavdovskaya
Best Romantic Hotels in The Maldives
03 Aug, 2021
Milaidhoo Island has welcomed Russian artist and fashion illustrator Alena Lavdovskaya to the island for a unique art project: embracing and honouring Maldivian art and culture and creating island-inspired artworks.
During the months of July, Alena resided on Milaidhoo, creating classic and digital art pieces that fuse Maldivian tradition and culture with modern art.
Alena Lavdovskaya is the most famous Russian fashion illustrator, artist, founder of the first Fashion Illustration Studio in Russia, specializing in content for fashion & retail business, as well as the ambassador of the Winsor & Newton art materials brand.
Alena is the author of the online course "Commercial Fashion Illustration", and also creates and conducts unique offline master classes in Russia, England, Italy and Portugal.
Having worked with many famous fashion houses worldwide, illustrating their collections and designs, Alena Lavdovskaya is very well known in the creative fashion world and highly respected for her talent in skilful illustration.
Born to an artist family in Tbilisi, Georgia, Alena was surrounded by artistic endeavours, which helped her find inspiration and talent to pursue an art career.
Studying in the USA and Italy, she enjoyed international exposure from early on and has been involved in collaborations and workshops worldwide.
Alena has worked with some of the most renowned fashion houses and luxury brands such as Guerlain, Dior, Chanel, Lancome, Tiffany’s and Montblanc.
Alena prefers creating art from life, adding her style and perception to her creations. The results are unique and contemporary illustrations.
This unique initiative with Milaidhoo is a collaborative project with local Milaidhoo family members. It will focus on creating contemporary, island-inspired art pieces and presenting the Maldivian heritage to a broader audience.
The created artworks will be displayed and auctioned later in the year, with the proceeds being donated to marine conservation efforts in the Maldives.
“Milaidhoo constantly strives to create new and meaningful experiences for guests while fostering local talent as well as supporting marine conservation efforts,” Ahmed Shuhan, the General Manager of Milaidhoo, said.
“With the visit of Alena Lavdovskaya, our efforts to combine meaningful experiences for our guests and to support an environmental cause is an ideal pursuit towards the future. It is always great to include a creative and educative element in our island activities – as education does not necessarily have to be in a classroom but can be hands-on and entertaining.”
For more information and bookings please email email@example.com or visit www.milaidhoo.com
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Milaidhoo Island Maldives
Best Experience: honeymoon, beach, diving, swimming with mantas
Intimate and stylish, at Milaidhoo it’s about enjoying the natural environment in understated luxury. Tucked in the heart of a UNESCO biosphere reserve, surrounded by powdery white sands and nestled beside a colourful coral reef, Milaidhoo Maldives is a luxurious natural wonder. Envisage upscale delights with a ‘Reinvented Luxury’ twist, where guests will experience an indulgent escape in the Maldives’s most unique getaway. Committed to offering a unique and authentic Maldivian experience, this new child in the best Baa Atoll hotels collection that making waves with its refreshing contemporary twist on classic Maldivian style. Created for couples and romance only, Milaidhoo welcomes children above the age of 9 years only. What's more, it is only 30 minutes by seaplane from Male or a 15 minute domestic flight followed by a short speedboat ride. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More