Patina Maldives, Fari Islands Has Appointed Marco Den Ouden As General Manager
Best New Luxury Hotels in The Maldives
28 April, 2020
Patina Maldives, Fari Islands has appointed Marco Den Ouden as General Manager. In his new role, Marco will bring over 20 years of global experience in the luxury hospitality industry as he builds the pre-opening team and prepares to launch the property in Q1 2021.
Marco joins the Patina Maldives pre-opening team from his role as General Manager of Soneva Jani, Maldives, the flagship property for the esteemed Soneva collection. Prior to his time in the Maldives, Marco spent four years with the Alila group, leading teams as General Manager across three of their sought-after properties across Indonesia and China. Marco was responsible for the opening of Alila Wuzhen and Alila Anji, which was the first Alila to open in China, the successful opening of which paved the way for future projects in the country.
Having nurtured a passion for hospitality from an early age, Marco gained a BA in Hotel Management from Glion Institute of Higher Education, before beginning his career with NH Hotel Group. Following this, Marco combined his interests in hospitality and food and dining, opening his own restaurant in Rotterdam. Coopvaert was a highly regarded farm-to-table concept, which was consistently recognized as one of the top three fine dining restaurants in Rotterdam.
In 2009, Marco felt drawn back to the hotel industry and accepted an opportunity to become the International General Manager of Jin Jiang Hotel in Chengdu. Marco also worked as an F&B Hospitality Consultant for the Les Amis Group, channelling his expertise to advise on new concepts, and leading project overhauls to improve overall service and structure. Between 2012-2014, Marco was the General Manager of Huvafen Fushi by Per AQUUM, Maldives, leading a ten week renovation projects to enhance guest offerings.
He is fluent in Dutch and English, Marco is also able to speak German, Mandarin, French and Italian.
Patina Maldives, Fari Islands will be the first launch under Patina Hotels & Resorts, a new sophisticated lifestyle brand by Capella Hotel Group, which was created for progressive travellers of a new generation. Strategically situated in the heart of the Fari Islands archipelago, Patina Maldives will offer guests the opportunity to enjoy privacy and seclusion or freedom of movement across the islands.
Patina Maldives, Fari Islands is set to launch in Q4 2020.
Recent Posts 24.10.2020
- Veligandu Island announces UP to 25% OFF on 2020 & 2021 stays to fit Your Maldives Escapes
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Yachting in the Maldives with Crown & Champa Resorts
- Cocoon Maldives offers XXL All -Inclusive plan
- Emerald Maldives expands culinary offerings with Russian cuisine
- LUX* South Ari Atoll brings Circus to Maldives this Festive Season
- 10 Most Affordable Water Villas in Maldives
- These Hotels are now Offering Free Covid PCR test in the Maldives
- Experience LUX* North Male Atoll in All-Inclusive Offer
- One & Only Reethi Rah Maldives: Place to celebrate this Christmas
- Joali Maldives wins 2020 Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Award
- Bollywood Star Taapsee Pannu Holidays at Taj Exotica Resort, Maldives
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives amongst top Indian Ocean resorts
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives and Conrad Rangali Island Welcome Guests with Assurance and Peace of Mind
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives Appoints Alia Korshykova as Sales Manager
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Most Sustainable Luxury Resorts in Maldives
- Top 10 most Remote Luxury Resorts in Maldives
- Choosing room type that's right for You at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Must Do Experiences at Constance Moofushi
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Fari islands is the new Maldivian world-class resort experience that's home to 3 luxurious hotels: the Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Capella Maldives and Patina Maldives.
Anchored by three world-class hospitality brands within the Rah Falhu Huraa lagoon, Fari Islands is located in the North Malé Atoll of the Maldives, a 50-minute speedboat journey from Velana International Airport, Male. Celebrating nature, craft and connection, the integrated resort project also features the picturesque Fari Marina, the archipelago’s communal beating heart built around a vibrant Fari Beach Club, charming boutiques and a selection of handpicked, upscale food and beverage options. READ MORE
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More