Patina Maldives, Fari Islands Has Appointed Marco Den Ouden As General Manager
Best New Luxury Hotels in The Maldives
28 April, 2020
Patina Maldives, Fari Islands has appointed Marco Den Ouden as General Manager. In his new role, Marco will bring over 20 years of global experience in the luxury hospitality industry as he builds the pre-opening team and prepares to launch the property in Q1 2021.
Marco joins the Patina Maldives pre-opening team from his role as General Manager of Soneva Jani, Maldives, the flagship property for the esteemed Soneva collection. Prior to his time in the Maldives, Marco spent four years with the Alila group, leading teams as General Manager across three of their sought-after properties across Indonesia and China. Marco was responsible for the opening of Alila Wuzhen and Alila Anji, which was the first Alila to open in China, the successful opening of which paved the way for future projects in the country.
Having nurtured a passion for hospitality from an early age, Marco gained a BA in Hotel Management from Glion Institute of Higher Education, before beginning his career with NH Hotel Group. Following this, Marco combined his interests in hospitality and food and dining, opening his own restaurant in Rotterdam. Coopvaert was a highly regarded farm-to-table concept, which was consistently recognized as one of the top three fine dining restaurants in Rotterdam.
In 2009, Marco felt drawn back to the hotel industry and accepted an opportunity to become the International General Manager of Jin Jiang Hotel in Chengdu. Marco also worked as an F&B Hospitality Consultant for the Les Amis Group, channelling his expertise to advise on new concepts, and leading project overhauls to improve overall service and structure. Between 2012-2014, Marco was the General Manager of Huvafen Fushi by Per AQUUM, Maldives, leading a ten week renovation projects to enhance guest offerings.
He is fluent in Dutch and English, Marco is also able to speak German, Mandarin, French and Italian.
Patina Maldives, Fari Islands will be the first launch under Patina Hotels & Resorts, a new sophisticated lifestyle brand by Capella Hotel Group, which was created for progressive travellers of a new generation. Strategically situated in the heart of the Fari Islands archipelago, Patina Maldives will offer guests the opportunity to enjoy privacy and seclusion or freedom of movement across the islands.
Patina Maldives, Fari Islands is set to launch in Q4 2020.
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Fari islands is the new Maldivian world-class resort experience that's home to 3 luxurious hotels: the Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Capella Maldives and Patina Maldives.
Anchored by three world-class hospitality brands within the Rah Falhu Huraa lagoon, Fari Islands is located in the North Malé Atoll of the Maldives, a 50-minute speedboat journey from Velana International Airport, Male. Celebrating nature, craft and connection, the integrated resort project also features the picturesque Fari Marina, the archipelago’s communal beating heart built around a vibrant Fari Beach Club, charming boutiques and a selection of handpicked, upscale food and beverage options. READ MORE
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More