Dusit Thani Maldives Appoints Paul Elliot King as New Executive Chef
Maldives for Foodies
01 December, 2021
Dusit Thani Maldives, a luxury Thai-inspired resort on Mudhdhoo Island in Baa Atoll, has appointed British chef Mr Paul Elliot King as its new Executive Chef to lead an exciting new era of culinary creativity at its already renowned restaurants.
Chef Paul brings to his role more than 30 years of experience leading culinary teams for luxury hotels and resorts in the United Kingdom and Asia.
He started his illustrious career in the late 1980s in London, UK, where he honed his skills working for iconic city landmarks such as The Savoy and The Dorchester. Since 2009, he has continued to expand his horizons – and his palate – with executive positions at award-winning properties in Asia.
His gastronomic adventures outside of England began with stints as Executive Sous Chef at Hilton hotels in Vietnam and the Maldives. From 2013, he then oversaw the culinary operations of Jumeirah Vittaveli in Malé, where he managed a brigade of 51 chefs, followed by Kuredu Island Resort and Spa – the second-largest resort in The Maldives – where, alongside taking up the mantle as Executive Chef, he was appointed as the HACCP Chairman, responsible for driving excellence and HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) accreditation for the resort.
His passion for health and safety in the food space led him back to his native England during the COVID-19 pandemic to work in an executive role for J Sainsburys Plc, the second-largest chain of supermarkets in the United Kingdom, where he was responsible for ensuring high-quality food standards for customers.
Now, with island life calling once again, he joins the team at Dusit Thani Maldives to bring his passion for culinary excellence to the table.
“We are delighted to welcome Chef Paul to lead our talented culinary team and help to elevate our already high standards by creating exciting new culinary experiences for our discerning guests and customers,” said Mr Thomas Weber, General Manager, Dusit Thani Maldives. “Having won numerous awards for the quality of his cooking, he knows full well the recipe for success, and we are sure he will deliver even more accolade-worthy fare at our highly esteemed restaurants.”
Recent Posts 17.01.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Reward and Recognition of Maldives Underwater Initiative at Six Senses Laamu
- Norwegian Cruise Line Introduces Norwegian Viva
- Manta Trust Newsletter, January 2022
- Island Luxury by Secret Paradise opens First Local Island Boutique Hotel
- Enjoy Extraordinary 40% Savings & Daily $1,000 Egift Givaway at Anantara Hotels
- Maldives Updates and Shortens Recommended Isolation and Covid-19 Quarantine
- Chill and Play at One of the Maldives’ most Exclusive resorts with 20% savings
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI recognized Best Honeymoon and Family Destination
- You are invited! Book Early and Save up to 55% at Kandima Maldives
- Ready for Pampering? Here’s Where to Find Decadence in the Maldives
- Travel Insurance Can Now Be Purchased With Marriott While Booking a Reservation
- The Year to explore the Maldives with Crown & Champa Resorts collection
- From Whale Sharks to Surf, Discover the Natural Side of COMO Maalifushi
- Enjoy up to 25% off to celebrate Qatar Airways' 25th anniversary
- Takes your Tennis game to the next Level at Sun Siyam Iru Fushi
- Traveling With Kids in Maldives? Take advantage of LUXURY FAMILY VILLA OFFER at Anantara Dhigu Resort: Children stay and dine free
- MSC Cruises Unveils 2022 "Cruise With Confidence" Program
- Latest News from Mirihi Island, January
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- Review Year 2021: B-Town divas who set the Internet on Fire with their Bikini Photos
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Dusit Thani Maldives
Best Experience: Water Villas, for Couples, House Reef Snorkeling & Diving, Mantas Watching
If the idea to stay on the Maldives in a Thai-style hotel raises your eyebrows, think about what it gives you. The warm hospitality of Thailand in an unprecedented luxury setting: two of the best aspects of an Asian luxury trip in one magnificent package. Located on Mudhdhoo island in Baa Atoll, the Maldives' first and only UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, Dusit Thani seduces guests with pearly white sandy beaches, turquoise lagoons, lush vegetation and a fantastic house reef with one of the most abundant marine life in the Maldives. Inspired by Thailand, architecture provides private life alone with a vibrant nature featuring both classical and modern styles. The resort villas and apartments are beautiful shelters of modern sophistication, with luxurious facilities and state os the art amenities. Fine cusine in an exotic setting is another highlight of this resort. The resort is also home to the largest infinity pool in the Maldives with an impressive of 750 square meters. As a visual center of the hotel, this swimming pool combines technology and nature with the flowing majestic Banyan tree. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More