Quest’s World of Wonder features the Maldives
Maldives Luxury Holidays
03 Apr, 2021
The Maldives is featured in the latest episode of Quest’s World of Wonder, as CNN anchor and correspondent Richard Quest arrives in Maldives to explore the secrets of the island paradise.
The 30-min special episode will help promote Maldives as a ‘safe haven’ destination and showcase the variety of unique experiences available in the Maldives while shedding light on key figures of the Maldivian tourism industry. Visit Maldives supported Richard Quest and the crew of ‘Quests World of Wonder’ during their filming in Maldives.
Quest’s World of Wonder is a popular TV show premiering on CNN international where news anchor Richard Quest travels to landmark locations around the world, explores popular tourist destinations and meets with influential locals in order to provide an insight into the region’s heritage and culture.
The episode begins in Maldives with Richard Quest arriving at Kurumba, the very first resort opened in the Maldives. At Kurumba, he will meet with founder Mohamed Umar Maniku and discuss his vision for the resort nearly 50 years ago and the challenges he faced while creating what would become a defining identity in Maldives.
Afterwards, Quest meets with the former president of the Maldives and current speaker of parliament Mohamed Nasheed who made headlines throughout the world during his presidency for his environmental protection policies and awareness.
Quest will then board a sea plane and fly over the turquoise waters of the Maldivian island arriving in the remote island resort of Reethi Beach where he will embark on a fishing expedition with the resort manager Denise Schmidt and her husband Ali Amir. The adventure concludes with Quest meeting “the Godfather of Maldivian diving”, Hussain Rasheed, the first PADI course director in the country. Rasheed will take Quest snorkelling while sharing his belief that only through a snorkelling mask can one truly begin to appreciate the beauty of marine life and how it ties to the DNA of the Maldives.
Additionally, Visit Maldives carried out a promotional campaign with CNN in 2020. During this campaign, Destination was promoted via “5 reasons to Insta love Maldives” vignette and a video showcasing the luxury offerings of the destination, followed by the launch of “30 seconds of calm Maldives”, which showcased the serenity of the destination. Prominently, the destination has been featured on the CNN weather watch which substantially reaches a large audience across the globe. The main objective of this campaign is to promote Maldives as a “safe haven” and highlighting the importance of protecting the delicate environment of the country.
For this year on the global platform, Visit Maldives has currently been carrying out joint campaigns with Expedia and TripAdvisor. Visit Maldives together with the Ministry of Tourism has also recently launched the “I’m Vaccinated” campaign in order to share a positive message regarding the vaccination of staff working in the tourism sector as well as promoting the initiatives undertaken to ensure the Maldives remains one of the safest destinations in the world for travelers.
Maldives has welcomed a total of 298,570 travelers by March 2021. India, Russia and Ukraine are currently the top three top source markets. The steady increase in the arrival figure indicates a healthy recovery of the tourism industry and the Maldives is on-track to achieve pre-pandemic arrival figures.
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More