Wind, Kite and Hydrofoil: 2 days left for Raalhugudi Kiteboarding Competition 2022!
Activities and Experiences in the Maldives
03 February, 2022
Raalhugudi is getting ready to hold the biggest ever kiteboarding competition in the Maldives. Pro Kiteboarder Youri Zoon, the two-time World Champion, will be joining this event at Maafushi Island held from 5th February to 10th February.
Raalhugudi Kiteboarding Competition 2022 is endorsed by several government authorities, that includes the Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Youth, Sports & Community Empowerment, Maldives Marketing and Public Relations (Visit Maldives), and Maafushi Council. Sponsors, accommodation partners, and media partners and endorsements include Guest House Association Maldives, State Trading Organization PLC, Kaani Hotels, Triton Beach, Road Development Corporation, Red Bull, Maafushi Dive, Slow Tape, Mihaaru, Oceanholic, Edition, DhoMv, Sea Gear, and Eye Care.
The prize money for the winners of the competition goes up to 15,000 MVR. 1st place to receive a whopping 15,000 Mvr, Runner up to receive 10,000 Mvr, and the place wins 5,000 Mvr.
Kiteboarding, also known as kitesurfing, is a water sport that blends elements and characteristics of wakeboarding, surfing, windsurfing, snowboarding, paragliding, and skateboarding. Harnessed to a large hand-controlled kite and powered by the wind, the kiteboarder uses a board to ride and glide across the water. Kiteboarders are only able to fly their kites through an imaginary wind window.
Raalhugudi was first introduced in 2016 when the two-time World Champion Youri Zoon held his kite camp, Raalhu Gudi Kite Fest in Maafushi Island. Raalhgudi aims to promote kiteboarding to Maldivians, youths as well as athletes and create local talent to represent Maldives on an international level.
Hurry up and go register for the biggest kiteboarding competition! Send a dm at @raalhugudi on Instagram if you wish to take part.
About Maafushi island: Maafushi Island with its expansive choice of budget accommodation is a popular cheap destination in South Male Atoll and it is the capital of budget tourism in Maldives.
With healthy reefs, fascinating dive sites, white sandy beaches, turquoise waters, luxury resorts and many other attractions, Maafushi is a beautiful island located just 35 minutes by speedboat or 1.5 hours by ferry from Male.
The charming blue lagoons and sandy beaches along with the chic accommodation facilities combined with a great activity options for a wide range of needs make this island an ideal place for those who are looking for fascinating adventures and inexpensive holidays in the Maldives.Check Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Maldives on a Budget
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays available, which range from budget guesthouses to backpacker-friendly hotels – there are all accomodation available for under USD 50 a night! The Maldives is a fascinating country to travel to independently, not least because it’s only been possible to do so for the past decade.
Undoubtedly, Maldives is'nt getting more cheaper every year, but it’s equally true that the gorgeous islands offer something for everyone – backpackers and budget-conscious travellers included! Here’s our dedicated section that guides you through everything you need to know about enjoying Maldives on the cheap. We’ve also included a section with useful tips on enjoying Maldives on a shoestring, and another which shows you all the free, and almost free, things you can enjoy for your cheap holiday in Maldives. Here for you the ultimate guide to enjoying Maldives on a budget. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More