Radisson Blu Resort Maldives celebrates one year anniversary
Best Family Resorts in the South Ari atoll
08 Aug, 2021
Radisson Blu Resort, a secluded island getaway at the Maldives for discerning travellers, celebrated its first anniversary with a week of fun events for the guests, team, and management.
The guests enjoyed the celebration in a sunset party, with special delicacies, cultural Boduberu performance, lucky draw prizes, gifts for all, and a cheerful cake cutting ceremony.
A team party was held a couple of days later in the newly built island village garden where the management presented special appreciation gifts to staff members who have given exemplary services.
With both events successfully held, the resort marks the special milestone.
The resort, which opened on August 1, 2020, proudly announces a successful past 12 months.
In its first full year of operations, it has welcomed over 6,000 guests with 500 children, numerous repeat stays and long staying guests, including a three months extended stay. Over 50,000 meals and drinks were served in the seven distinguished restaurants and bars.
Since its opening last year, Radisson Blu Resort Maldives has collected several accolades, including 2020 International Property Awards and 2021 Luxury Lifestyle Awards.
Responsible business initiatives were taken with The Water Bottling Plant to reduce the plastic bottle usage, as well as internship programs for young and aspiring local and international talents.
The resort has been actively participating in familiarisation trips and sales trips conducted in India, Russia and the Middle East, which returned positive results.
From the opening, the resort actively worked to enhance its offerings and benefits for the guests. Extensive water sports activities and excursions are offered on and around the island.
Guests have been able to enjoy the rich marine life of South Ari Atoll, such as SCUBA diving, swimming with manta rays, deep sea fishing, and the signature Whale Shark watching.
On this first anniversary, the resort expressed its heartfelt gratitude to all team members, patrons and partners.
“During the unprecedented time, the team remained strong and steadfastly serve the guests who have traveled far from their homes to Maldives. And as just like the famous quote ‘Fortune favours the bold’, the resort looks forward to its promising second year and is prepared to welcome guests in from all parts of the world when travel tales off again,” General Manager, Gavin Sanders, said.
Whether you’re looking for last-minute deals on family accommodations or planning ahead for a weekend romantic getaway, you’ll find the best offers for the Radisson Blu Resort Maldives right here. Take advantage of special rates and extra perks with these fantastic hotel packages, guaranteed to make your stay in the Maldives more affordable and enjoyable.
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Radisson Blu Resort Maldives
Best Experience: couples and families, overwater villas, spa, diving, swimming with whale sharks
Radisson Blu Resort Maldives is one of the most anticipated new developments in the Maldives, in addition to being the first Radisson Blu resort in the market. Opened on March 2020 the resort is being developed on the island of Huruelhi in South Ari Atoll, and is accessible by a 30-minute seaplane journey, or a domestic flight from the main Velana International Airport to the Maamigili Airport followed by a 15-minute speedboat ride.
Featuring 128 exclusive villas, including family villas and a premium overwater villa, the new Radisson Blu Resort Maldives is set to strike a balance between stylish contemporary design and a truly Maldivian resort experience with breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean. Read Full Review
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More