Reethi Beach Resort, Baa Atoll Maldives Earn Green Globe's Member
Best Affordable Water Villa Resorts in the Maldives
15 Octoberr, 2021
Reethi Beach Resort in the Baa Atoll, Maldives was recently recognized by Green Globe for its dedication to environmentally friendly and environmentally sustainable activities.
The iconic 4* Reethi Beach Resort is located in the known Baa Atoll, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve that hosts the world-famous Hanifaru Bay, home of the majestic manta rays from June till October. Indulge in a rustic Robinson Crusoe feeling combined with a relaxed atmosphere – a true Maldivian island experience, certified by the Green Globe.
This pristine, secluded area places a high value on environmentally and socially sustainable projects, and the resort is committed to safeguarding the area’s coral reefs, marine and plant life.
“To be a member of the Green Globe certification programme demonstrates how our long-term environmental sustainability goals and actions have developed a positive green community here in Baa atoll and here at Reethi Beach. We look forward to putting in our best efforts to promote sustainable tourism in the Maldives continuously,” commented Denise Schmidt, Resort Manager, Reethi Beach Resort. Reethi Beach also features its own water treatment plants to use the Island’s limited supply of freshwater efficiently. As a result, water pollution is
reduced, aquatic habitats are protected, and human health hazards are minimised.
The Island boasts an extensive Sustainability Management Plan for the property. For example, plastic bottles are being replaced with glass bottles, and plastic straws are being replaced with paper straws as part of a drive to reduce trash. This strategy specifies, records, and monitors reduction goals on a monthly basis to minimize waste that is not reused or recycled.
The green team at Reethi Beach Resort organizes CSR events and environmental observances. Educating and raising awareness are two of the primary goals of this energetic group’s activity in the community.
The resort does everything to help the surrounding islands and their people. A wide variety of recipes feature native reef seafood and yellowfin tuna, papaya, watermelon, bananas, and coconuts sourced from neighboring islands as much as possible.Check Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 21.01.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- New Year, New Scene: Here’s Where to Stay in January in Maldives
- BOOK DIRECT - Best Rate Guaranteed with COLOURS of OBLU resorts collection
- Week in Review: Riverside Adds Crystal Ships, Orient Express' Yacht
- Find the Most Exotic New Spot for Diving in 2023
- Valentine's Day celebration at Oaga Art Resort
- Stats: 69% of Travelers Actively Seeking Sustainable Travel Options
- Things to Do for Couples at Vakkaru Maldives this February
- Minor Hotels names Michael Parker as GM of three Maldives resorts
- Hanimaadhoo International Airport Expansion Project launched
- Discover a Sanctuary for the Serene Wonders: Madifushi Private Island Officially opens
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives announces New Beach Villa for Group vacation
- Viking Releases Details of New 2024-25 World Cruises
- 10 reasons to be in Bangkok next month
- Plan a Stress-Free Romantic Escape: Feel the Tropical Romance at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Healthy Eating: Lantern Bar at Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives resort
- Share the Love this Valentine’s Day at Amilla Maldives
- Winter Cocktails that will Get You Feeling Festive: recipes from Coco Bodu Hithi
- Still Dreaming? Awaken to 2023 with Huvafen Fushi!
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches direct Transfers from Hulhumale
- 5 Eco-Tourism Experiences in the Maldives
- Total Escape: Bhutan Like Never Before with COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Reethi Beach Resort
Best Experience: Honeymoon, Beaches, Diving, Value
Reethi Beach Resort is located on a tiny island in Baa Atoll. The resort can be reached through a scenic 35-minute seaplane flight from Male. Its elegant villas are built from natural materials in a
typical Maldivian-style, providing comfort in a simple yet contemporary setting. These villas are set amid tropical foliage, fringing a long expanse of powder-soft beach, or on stilts over the clear blue lagoon. There are five restaurants and five bars, poolside and beachfront. Facilities include a PADI 5-star dive centre, a spa & wellness retreat, a water sports centre, a sports complex and a
wide variety of group/private excursions have been carefully selected to explore the untouched beauty of Baa Atoll and the rich culture of its inhabitants. READ FULL REVIEW
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More