Reethi Faru Resort takes Environmental initiatives a next level
Best Resorts for House Reef snorkeling in Maldives
10 Jan, 2021
Reethi Faru Resort with it's commitment towards sustainability, has been on an on-going mission to restore their house reef ever since the development of the resort.
Taking it a notch higher, the resort has come up with a new goal to increase and improve diversity of the coral species in the reef.
The impacts of global warming on the coral reefs across the world have been catastrophic. In the past three years, Reethi Faru Resort has been using various methods and techniques, in sync with their marine biologist towards coral growth and conservation.
Upon carefully observing the changes in the ecosystem, they have been developing and modifying the methods – choosing to either create artificial reefs or put in a coral nursery to help grow the corals in the natural environment.
As a result of the resort’s continued efforts, their reef has been showing signs of recovery and regeneration.
“Taking it a notch higher, our new goal is to increase and improve diversity of the coral species in the reef,” a statement by the resort read.
“Resilient coral species that have overcome and survived the bleaching are being identified and categorised – abundant and non-abundant species. Currently, the focus is on breeding and growing the non-abundant species in our coral nursery that will eventually be replanted in the natural reef. We hope to not only restore the health and life of our reef, but also to restore the diversity and abundance of the corals.”
In addition to this, as part of the efforts to keeping up with their conservation promise, Reethi Faru has also started two new projects to continue conservation and preservation of the natural environment – ‘Adopt a Coral’ and ‘Adopt a Tree’.
The focus of both these projects is to preserve, conserve and restore the natural balance – both marine and terrestrial.
Sustainability is at the heart of all that they execute at the Reethi Faru Resort and the creation of the artificial reefs is a strong step in that direction. Essential to the health of the ocean, these reefs can now have guest participation as well, under the project name – ‘The Reef Builder Dive’.
As an attempt to revive and stabilise biological depleted zones, these reefs would act as a valuable reproduction reservoir that can recreate a whole ecosystem.
Reethi Faru Resort won the Indian Ocean’s Leading Green Resort 2020 award and was nominated for the World’s Leading Green Resort 2020 and Maldives’ Leading Green Resort category at the World Travel Awards 2020.
Additionally, the resort became the proud winners in two categories – Luxury Eco Resort (Regional) and Luxury Spa Resort (Continent) – at the recently concluded World Luxury Awards.
Воок Reethi's ECO PACKAGE offer that include:
- Stand up Paddle Board for Reef observation
- Nursery & Hydroponic Garden Tour
- Personalized Coral Reef Planting
- Snorkelling Observation tour of the Reef with Marine Biologist
- Complimentary Technical Tour of sustainability projects
- Free photo Shoot once per stay
- Volunteer for an Island or Reef clean
- Complimentary Marine & Conservation Workshop
- Local Island Tour Or sunset Cruise
Recent Posts 24.07.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Your Summer Would Be Better with Crown & Champa Resorts Collection
- W Maldives and Cercle to host Livestreamed Concert by Monolink
- Maldives for Food Lovers: A Quick Guide to Dining at Crown & Champa Resorts
- OBLU by Atmosphere at Helengeli recertified by Green Globe for second year
- Why You Should Start Dreaming About Komandoo
- Russian Superstar to headline Festive season at Amilla Maldives
- UFC Fighter Jacare takes Family break at Hard Rock Hotel Maldives
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo brings the Epitome of Unparalleled Luxury to the World-Renowned Destination
- Maldives nominated in Indian Ocean’s Prestigious Categories at Annual World Travel Awards
- S Hotels to bring Accor’s avant-garde lifestyle brand SO/ to Maldives
- Eat Below and Over-water in Maldives with two Michelin-starred Chef Paco Roncero
- Summer Travel Specials in Maldives
- New Look Naladhu Private Island to relaunch in November
- After-Dark Activities in Maldives Worth Staying Up For
- Why Upcoming Cora Cora Maldives Resort - The Hottest New opening coming soon
- Meet the new Look of Joali: JOALI BEING, Maldives’ first wellbeing retreat
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Reethi Faru, Bio Luxury Resort
Best Experience: Couples, House Reef Snorkeling & Diving, Beaches, Activities
With an amazing house reef, Reethi Faru is a new 5-star resort opened in November 2017 in Raa Atoll. Stunning beach, palm trees and natural tropical vegetation form this paradise island of Filaidhoo. Meaning in Dhivehi "Beautiful Reef", Reethi Faru fully justifies its name and boasts a vibrant house reef not far from the shore. With excellent accommodation, both on the beach and over the water, with five restaurants to choose from, a spa, a wide selection of water sports, including diving and snorkeling, The resort has 150 spacious villas, all with a traditional design that blends well with the environment, your home away from home can be found on soft sands or on stilts in the crystal clear lagoon. READ FULL REVIEW
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More