Ritz-Carlton Maldives Appoints Mafalda Costa Tavares as Director of Sales and Marketing
Best New Luxury Hotels in The Maldives
04 April, 2020
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands has appointed Mafalda Costa Tavares as Director of Sales and Marketing.
With over 13 years’ experience with The Ritz-Carlton, Mafalda’s first assignment in the company was at The Ritz-Carlton Penha Longa Hotel and Golf Resort in Portugal. She started as guest service officer with the opening of the Club Lounge and soon moved to Sales and Marketing.
During the 7 years’ journey at Penha Longa, she was responsible for weddings and social events, developed the travel industry department, launched the Outside Catering department as Director of Catering and lastly progressed as Director of Group Sales.
In 2014, Mafalda joined the pre-opening team of Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve in Ubud, Bali as Director of Sales, and contributed to its successful launch and positioning. In 2017, Mafalda once again embraced a new opportunity, as Director of Sales and Marketing at Phulay Bay, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve in Krabi, Thailand.
Prior to her commitment to the company, Mafalda has also worked at Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisbon, The Conrad Brussels Hotel and Hyatt Regency, Dubai.
Mafalda’s career achievements include, ‘Employee of the Year 2009’ at Penha Longa Resort, ‘The Ritz-Carlton EMEA Catering Achievement Award 2012’, ‘Leader of the Quarter 2016’ at Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve and ‘Marriott International President’s Circle Award 2018’ at Phulay Bay, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve.
She is known for deeply engaging with both colleagues and customers, passionate about her job and very committed to exceeding results.
Mafalda graduated with B.B.A. Honors degree in Hospitality Management at Les Roches Hotel Management School and is a Portuguese native. In her leisure time, she enjoys playing piano, cooking and keeping a healthy lifestyle.
The resort released a statement saying Mafalda and her husband Bruno are excited about their move to the Maldives.
Located on the North Atoll of Maldives, The Ritz-Carlton Maldives Fari Islands will be part of a lively integrated Marina Village & Resort Destination with world class luxury living & recreation facilities. The resort is made up of 4 islands with 100 island and overwater villas. There are 5 food and beverage options distributed among the islands. Other than the all-day dining, guests can enjoy Italian, Chinese and Japanese teppanyaki specialties. Uniquely design facilities include an experiential Kids Club, Recreation Club and Spa.
The Fari Islands is 50 mins away from Male by speedboat and 10 mins by seaplane.
Recent Posts 24.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Dhigali Maldives to reopen on 1st Dec as Premium All-Inclusive Resort
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Fari islands is the new Maldivian world-class resort experience that's home to 3 luxurious hotels: the Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Capella Maldives and Patina Maldives.
Anchored by three world-class hospitality brands within the Rah Falhu Huraa lagoon, Fari Islands is located in the North Malé Atoll of the Maldives, a 50-minute speedboat journey from Velana International Airport, Male. Celebrating nature, craft and connection, the integrated resort project also features the picturesque Fari Marina, the archipelago’s communal beating heart built around a vibrant Fari Beach Club, charming boutiques and a selection of handpicked, upscale food and beverage options. READ MORE
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More