Ritz-Carlton Maldives Appoints Mafalda Costa Tavares as Director of Sales and Marketing
Best New Luxury Hotels in The Maldives
04 April, 2020
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands has appointed Mafalda Costa Tavares as Director of Sales and Marketing.
With over 13 years’ experience with The Ritz-Carlton, Mafalda’s first assignment in the company was at The Ritz-Carlton Penha Longa Hotel and Golf Resort in Portugal. She started as guest service officer with the opening of the Club Lounge and soon moved to Sales and Marketing.
During the 7 years’ journey at Penha Longa, she was responsible for weddings and social events, developed the travel industry department, launched the Outside Catering department as Director of Catering and lastly progressed as Director of Group Sales.
In 2014, Mafalda joined the pre-opening team of Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve in Ubud, Bali as Director of Sales, and contributed to its successful launch and positioning. In 2017, Mafalda once again embraced a new opportunity, as Director of Sales and Marketing at Phulay Bay, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve in Krabi, Thailand.
Prior to her commitment to the company, Mafalda has also worked at Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisbon, The Conrad Brussels Hotel and Hyatt Regency, Dubai.
Mafalda’s career achievements include, ‘Employee of the Year 2009’ at Penha Longa Resort, ‘The Ritz-Carlton EMEA Catering Achievement Award 2012’, ‘Leader of the Quarter 2016’ at Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve and ‘Marriott International President’s Circle Award 2018’ at Phulay Bay, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve.
She is known for deeply engaging with both colleagues and customers, passionate about her job and very committed to exceeding results.
Mafalda graduated with B.B.A. Honors degree in Hospitality Management at Les Roches Hotel Management School and is a Portuguese native. In her leisure time, she enjoys playing piano, cooking and keeping a healthy lifestyle.
The resort released a statement saying Mafalda and her husband Bruno are excited about their move to the Maldives.
Located on the North Atoll of Maldives, The Ritz-Carlton Maldives Fari Islands will be part of a lively integrated Marina Village & Resort Destination with world class luxury living & recreation facilities. The resort is made up of 4 islands with 100 island and overwater villas. There are 5 food and beverage options distributed among the islands. Other than the all-day dining, guests can enjoy Italian, Chinese and Japanese teppanyaki specialties. Uniquely design facilities include an experiential Kids Club, Recreation Club and Spa.
The Fari Islands is 50 mins away from Male by speedboat and 10 mins by seaplane.
Recent Posts 17.01.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Reward and Recognition of Maldives Underwater Initiative at Six Senses Laamu
- Norwegian Cruise Line Introduces Norwegian Viva
- Manta Trust Newsletter, January 2022
- Island Luxury by Secret Paradise opens First Local Island Boutique Hotel
- Enjoy Extraordinary 40% Savings & Daily $1,000 Egift Givaway at Anantara Hotels
- Maldives Updates and Shortens Recommended Isolation and Covid-19 Quarantine
- Chill and Play at One of the Maldives’ most Exclusive resorts with 20% savings
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI recognized Best Honeymoon and Family Destination
- You are invited! Book Early and Save up to 55% at Kandima Maldives
- Ready for Pampering? Here’s Where to Find Decadence in the Maldives
- Travel Insurance Can Now Be Purchased With Marriott While Booking a Reservation
- The Year to explore the Maldives with Crown & Champa Resorts collection
- From Whale Sharks to Surf, Discover the Natural Side of COMO Maalifushi
- Enjoy up to 25% off to celebrate Qatar Airways' 25th anniversary
- Takes your Tennis game to the next Level at Sun Siyam Iru Fushi
- Traveling With Kids in Maldives? Take advantage of LUXURY FAMILY VILLA OFFER at Anantara Dhigu Resort: Children stay and dine free
- MSC Cruises Unveils 2022 "Cruise With Confidence" Program
- Latest News from Mirihi Island, January
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- Review Year 2021: B-Town divas who set the Internet on Fire with their Bikini Photos
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Fari islands is the new Maldivian world-class resort experience that's home to 3 luxurious hotels: the Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Capella Maldives and Patina Maldives.
Anchored by three world-class hospitality brands within the Rah Falhu Huraa lagoon, Fari Islands is located in the North Malé Atoll of the Maldives, a 50-minute speedboat journey from Velana International Airport, Male. Celebrating nature, craft and connection, the integrated resort project also features the picturesque Fari Marina, the archipelago’s communal beating heart built around a vibrant Fari Beach Club, charming boutiques and a selection of handpicked, upscale food and beverage options. READ MORE
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More