SAii Lagoon Maldives, Curio Collection by Hilton Opens
Best Family Resorts near Malé Airport
2 September, 2019
SAii Lagoon Maldives, Curio Collection by Hilton hotel in the Maldives, has opened.
The resort, part of the first phase of the highly anticipated Crossroads Maldives project by leading Thai developer Singha Estate, welcomed its first guests on Sunday.
A free-spirited tropical escape in the Emboodhoo Lagoon, just 15 minutes from Velana International Airport by boat, SAii Lagoon Maldives is an irreverent and playful escape for couples, families and friends in search of a casual and captivating destination getaway.
Designed by acclaimed architect Bill Bensley, who has conceptualised some of the world’s most iconic hotels, resorts and spas such as The Royal Istana, Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia, St. Regis Resort, Bali and the recently opened Waldorf Astoria Bangkok, SAii Lagoon Maldives is stylish, eclectic and full of art and seafaring motifs to create fascinating and comfortable spaces where guests can relax.
The resort’s playful design ethos are on show at Miss Olive Oyl, the poolside Mediterranean seafood grill and bar, and Mr Tomyam, a Thai fusion eatery with open kitchen and alfresco dining areas. Guests can also enjoy a range of water sports and wellness offerings, whilst discovering Maldivian cultural activities.
This is all part of a personal journey that can be further tailored by creating your own bathroom amenities using natural ingredients from the resort’s Aroma Lab and custom-made kids pyjamas in rooms and creature comfort pillows.
Operated by Singha Estate’s hospitality arm S Hotels & Resort, SAii Lagoon Maldives is closely linked to The Marina @ Crossroads, a 30-berth marina with a wide variety of lifestyle offerings. This vibrant district houses many facilities, including the Junior Beach Club and Camp, the Crossroads Event Hall and the Marine Discovery Centre, where marine biologists teach guests about the resort’s conservation activities, including a Junior Coral Curator programme and clownfish release initiatives.
This eco hub reflects SAii Lagoon Maldives’ strong environmental ethos, which is also demonstrated in its design. The room and villa interiors balance organic materials with natural textiles, tropical colours and an abundance of daylight to create a low-impact, high-comfort sanctuaries. Each room features beautiful ocean views, a bathroom with a rain shower and a deck or balcony, whilst the beach and overwater villas promise truly exclusive experiences for families or friends.
SAii Lagoon Maldives has been created as a destination not only for international holidaymakers, but also as a place for transit travellers and local Maldivians to spend time with friends and families during the day.
Crossroads, a deeply sustainable development owned by Singha Estate, encompasses nine idyllic islands fringing the Emboodhoo Lagoon in the South Male Atoll. Three of the islands have been used as the first phase of the project, encompassing two resorts, as well as The Marina @ Crossroads — an 800-metre lifestyle area and beach walk which features retail, entertainment and dining outlets.
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
SAii Lagoon Maldives, Curio Collection By Hilton
Best Experience: Couples, Families, Spa, Activity, Dining, Shopping
SAii Lagoon Maldives, Curio Collection by Hilton is a luxurious tropical escape in the stunning Emboodhoo Lagoon, just 15 minutes by boat from Malé (Velana) International Airport. Slated to open in June 2019, SAii Lagoon is an unique, enchanting 5-star hotel gives you the sanctuary of staying on a private island while shopping, dining, entertainment and event space are just across the footbridge at The Marina @ CROSSROADS. Surrounded by white sands and blue seas this is a 198-room luxury resort will offer modern travellers a private sanctuary enhanced by creative art and design, artisanal cuisine, a soundtrack of curated music and heart-made hospitality. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More