Soneva Fushi Introduces New Water Retreats
Best Luxury Resorts in the Maldives
30 September, 2019
Soneva Fushi introduces one and two-bedroom water villas. Water Retreats will be ready to welcome guests on April, 2020.
Accessed via a curved jetty on the tranquil south-eastern side of the island, near Dolphin Beach, the one- and two-bedroom overwater villas each feature their own private pool, as well as a slide that plunges directly into the waves.
Designed to exist in perfect harmony with their ocean setting, the new Water Retreats command incredible vistas. Sink into a daybed on the expansive deck or upper terrace; depending on which side the guest choose, and will get rewarded with uninterrupted views of Maldivian sunsets or sunrises. Bathe and shower in the outdoor bathroom under open skies. Or simply lie back on the master bedroom’s
Recent Posts 16.10.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Emerald Maldives Resort Continues to Stand Out with Top Awards in 2021
- Pamper Yourselves at Dhigali Spa with New Christmas Packages
- Kihaa Maldives Opens New Steak House
- Naladhu Private Island Maldives Celebrates Double Win at Conde Nast Traveler award
- Disney Cruise Line to Return to Tropical Destinations in 2023
- Reethi Beach Resort, Baa Atoll Maldives Earn Green Globe's Member
- Fiyavalhu Maldives wins Luxury Boutique Resort 2021
- Ready to Party? Spend Halloween at the first Luxury Music Festival in Maldives
- Virgin's First Miami Cruise, HAL's San Diego Restart
- Anantara Kihavah opens New Family Beach Pool Villas for the Ultimate Family Winter Getaway
- Celestyal Cruises Announces Return to Year-Round Cruising
- Gili goes Pink for October
- Emerald Cruises Is Building Second Superyacht
- Shake Up Your Wellness Routine on Ithaafushi – The Private Island at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Carnival announces ship restarts for January and February 2022
- Hurawalhi's Winter Offer 2021 - Save UP to 20%
- Maldives exhibited at the World’s Largest fair, Expo 2020 Dubai
- Shake Up Your Wellness Routine on Ithaafushi – The Private Island
- Niyama Private Islands Maldives to host Surf Week 2021
- Marriott International Plans to Expand Footprint in South Asia
- Tradewind Voyages Announces 2021-22 Caribbean Season
- Emirates takes Expo 2020 Dubai’s message to the skies with its first-ever full aircraft livery
- The Inside Scoop on Silver Moon's Culinary Program
- Win a holiday to Maldives right now with MBM
- Seabourn Names Second Expedition Ship, Reveals Itineraries
- Wellness Trends You Can Practice at JOALI BEING
- The Norwegian Prima Debuts Entertainment and Onboard Experiences
- Style and Substance: New Ships, Fresh Adventures and Top Suites
- Best Maldives Resorts worth to Book Directly
- Paradise Island Resort & Spa Introduces Brand New Infinity Swimming Pool
- Maldives exhibits Luxury Yacht Tourism at Monaco Yacht Show
- Carnival Corporation Plans to Have 50% of Fleet Back by October
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- Flexi Booking with Huvafen Fushi
- Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts lands in the Maldives with Signature Glamourous European Spirit
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Soneva in The Maldives
World-leading luxury resort operator Soneva runs two resorts in the Maldives, Soneva Fushi and Soneva Jani.
In 1995, the award-winning luxury resort Soneva Fushi set the standard for all desert island barefoot luxury hideaways in the Maldives. Located in the Baa Atoll UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, Soneva Fushi pairs Robinson Crusoe fantasy with intelligent luxury. If the experiences are magical, the philosophy is simple: No news, no shoes. No pretensions either.
Sixty-two private villas with their own stretch of beach are hidden among dense foliage within touching distance of a pristine coral reef. Intuitive service is provided by Mr./Ms. Friday butlers.
Highlights include the open-air Cinema Paradiso, counting Saturn’s rings in the high-tech Observatory, the home-made chocolate and ice cream rooms, five hundred wines to choose from, six different restaurants and countless destination dining options. In November 2015, Soneva launched a floating villa concept, Soneva in Aqua, a treasure trove children’s Den and a multi-purpose facility encompasses a glass gallery, boutique and studio where guests can learn the art of glass blowing. READ FULL REVIEW
The perfect combination of luxury and nature, Soneva Jani offers guests an unparalleled experience in idyllic surroundings. Opened in December 2016, Soneva Jani is Soneva’s newest property and the world-leading luxury hotel group’s second resort in the Maldives. This resort doesn't just have character, it has charisma. Soneva Jani is like someone with personal magnetism, someone who knows themself, knows the world and greets it with a big, welcoming smile.
Meaning ‘wisdom’ in Sanskrit, Soneva Jani currently comprises 24 overwater villas and one island villa. Each of the 24 water villas is superbly designed and has a private pool that looks out onto its own lagoon site, and some villas are equipped with water slides from the sun deck down to the lagoon. Feature of the villas is a retractable roof in the main bedroom, which is retracted at the touch of a button so guests can lie in bed and count the stars. Five islands encircle the lagoon, each one with soft white sands and covered in rich tropical vegetation. Four of the five islands will remain untouched, making Soneva Jani the lowest density development in the Maldives. The overwater villas are spaced across the expansive lagoon, offering privacy and extensive views over the Maldives’ turquoise waters. The island villas will be tucked into the lush greenery, providing the ultimate privacy, and all within steps of the beach.
Soneva Jani’s main guest facilities are located at The Gathering, the heart of the overwater villas. This dramatic three story structure is home to the main dining outlets, in addition to the Soneva Spa, library, retail area and wine cellar. It is located next to the Maldives’ first overwater Observatory.
The luxury resort is located on the island of Medhufaru within a 5.6 kilometre lagoon in the Noonu atoll, and has uninterrupted ocean views in all directions. The lagoon is 35 minutes by seaplane from Malé International Airport and one hour by speedboat from Soneva Fushi. Facilities on the island include the overwater Cinema Paradiso, the Eco Centro Waste-to-Wealth centre, organic gardens, tennis courts, water sports champa and Zuhair’s Beach on a desert island in the lagoon. READ FULL REVIEW
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
The projected travel trends for 2021 and promising news of a vaccine help us feel confident that there's hope for an exciting holiday on the horizon Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More